Evil Dead Remake

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
awesome.

I enjoyed ED1 but I really enjoyed ED2 more because of the comedy in it.

Hopefully ED1 remake does well enough to make interest in an ED2 remake. Any ED2 remake should still have an abundant use of the word "Groovy" though ;p

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bold move but I'm glad they decided to stay true and keep the tentical tree.

Here's hoping it can last all the way through the trilogy to ED3
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Evil Dead is great, but it had humor and was campy, which this movie isn't. This is like making the super serious version of Shawn of the Dead.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I honestly want to say that ED2 was not a direct sequel, but a re-imagining. I have a buddy that is an actor in the Evil Dead Musical and he's pretty pissed at this trailer, stating that it was never meant to be pure horror.

Well, if it's pure horror and this is combining ED1 and ED2 then it will most likely be a one off film or go in a new direction for a sequel. It will be Evil Dead in name only.

Otherwise the next film will have to be a comedy of some sort. I have no idea how they could rework ED3 into a pure horror film (and why would they want too?)

velk

Trakanon Raider
Otherwise the next film will have to be a comedy of some sort. I have no idea how they could rework ED3 into a pure horror film (and why would they want too?)
Army of Darkness remake as a horror movie would be 100% epic fail from start to finish. It would be like remaking the Life of Brian as a historical drama.

Cybsled

If they made a sequel to this reboot, beyond some nods, I doubt it would have much if anything to do with ED2 (which like others have pointed out was a reboot of ED1) or AoD.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
evil dead 2 was true perfection. cant improve on it. the updated CGI will look faker than the actual props from the original. since its a comedy its quite alright that you can totally see the wires.

Cybsled

I didnt really see any CGI in the trailer...maybe some of the tree bit, but it still seemed practical effect heavy.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Expected to be annoyed at the remake but that actually looks awesome

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Expected to be annoyed at the remake but that actually looks awesome
+1

They are keeping true to the over the top nature of the series. Surprised they kept the tree bit in it. I recall Same Rami not being too proud of that bit in ED1.

Szlia

They get a special 5 out of 4 stars award from me if the movie ends with Bradley Whitford and Richard Jenkins high-fiving each other in a control room.