Fahrenheit 451 (2018)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Fahrenheit 451

Genre: Drama, Science Fiction

Director: Ramin Bahrani

Cast: Michael B. Jordan, Michael Shannon, Sofia Boutella, Laura Harrier, Lilly Singh, Saad Siddiqui, Daniel Zolghadri, Jane Moffat, Andy McQueen, Grace Lynn Kung

Release: 2018-12-31

Plot: In an oppressive future, a 'fireman' whose duty is to destroy all books begins to question his task.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
No trailer yet but Michael fucking Shannon - dis gonna be good.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shannon is good but in certain doses, Sofia buetella was only good in Kingsman and she didnt talk. I definitely never pictured this when reading the book, I always thought of Mel Gibson

jordan-mcconaughey-18nov13-08.jpg

lilly-singh-preview-nikki-ormerod-compressor (1).jpg

MV5BMjU0OTQ5NjQ5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTk2ODQzNDE@._V1_UY317_CR14,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Homsar

book is about the nazi government so black people werent really in the book

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hopefully all these new nazi/fascist themed shows and movies will help inform milennials what fascism is.

Its not some self-centered self-absorbed narcissist dude who is literally in business for himself reluctantly acting as leader after he accidentally got elected while feeding his narcissism with his street rally addiction where people chant his name. only so he could tell everyone how great and kickass rich he is while receiving critical acclaim from everybody as they starved and went home to a house without Cable TV...

That's more of a Japan steampunk FF7ish corporatocracy jumpoff..

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's going to be reversed. The firefighters will be heroes because the books will all be like alt right shit and like Ann Coulter and Donald Trump books.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
No blacks in the book.

Thankfully they made sure to make the good guy is black and the bad guy is white though.
it's weird to me because it's a story about book burning and we all know that blacks can't read.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The book is a classic. No way this works. It will be the liberal version of Atlas Shrugged the movie.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Szlia

This has already been made into a (not very good) movie decades ago. A fact that underlines another: the book is a classic, but it's also an anticipation book written in 1953. As is often the case for such books, some parts are eerily prophetic, but I fear some others are extremely dated. I have read it in the last century, so my memories of it are not very clear, but I suspect it would be difficult to make a contemporary story out of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Modern progressive version should have been big telecoms (all white males) setting fire to net neutrality (all black trans).

iannis

Musty Nester
Hmm, yeah.

The problem is that the internet castrates the book. The premise and the theme.

Bradbury saw vr and wall sized televisions coming though.

Its a great book to read for some 50s Americana. Ultimately its about authoritarian censorship and the liberty of the individual. Somehow I think it will be far too subtle for the triggered generation.

They'll be mad that montag wasn't creating enough safe spaces. Montag is the Nazi.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Bradbury saw vr and wall sized televisions coming though.

Well;

I simply refuse to trust any of this. Considering what we know about Hollywood and the MSM in general in 2018, its like pedophiles making an anti pedophile ad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

That was fucking terrible, im sure people will love it like "I am legend" even though it missed every point of the book

Anytime i end up explaining the book of "I am legend" to friends they get confused and wonder why itdidnt follow the book and want to go read it

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Oh a classic story, let's see how the media and hollywood can yet again fuck this up. Hopefully I'm scolded more for being a white male.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database