Fall 2012 Anime Thread

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Here we go again.

Decent episodes this week. Surprised that Chuunibiyou didn't fall into the ol' harem schtick.

Serious drama in SAO last weekend, lets hope the follow-up delivers.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anyone else watching Blast of Tempest? Seemed mediocre at start, but I'm kind of enjoying it - last few episodes brought in some time-travel shit so here's to hoping they handle it well.

Blide_sl

shitlord
Halo 4 interrupted my watching of Tempest, Shin Sekai Yori, and Magi. I should probably figure out what episode I stopped at and resume watching.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was expecting Yoshino to pull out the "well, we just proved Hakaze can change the past which alters our future so you're still wrong" gloat.

Of course I was also expecting her to carve something into one of her own bones, but the barrel works too.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Hoping SAO doesn't degenerate into much more imouto drama... doesn't seem that there would be enough time left in the season for it, anyway.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Part of the problem is that Asuna went from being a real character, to a princess in a castle. It would've been better if she was free and helping Kirito fight against a threat of mind control devices instead of this white knight nonsense.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I like the plot in the second half too, but the idea that they couldn't die made everything a bit edgier. I just wish they'd spent less time on the Kirito-Leafa thing and made Asuna a little less helpless. She's kinda the antithesis of the first half's Asuna now.

Edit: Exactly, what Kaige said. She's almost a non-player now.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Fairy Dance is weakest arc of all arcs. deus ex machina in both of arc's ending doesn't help.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was expecting Yoshino to pull out the "well, we just proved Hakaze can change the past which alters our future so you're still wrong" gloat.

Of course I was also expecting her to carve something into one of her own bones, but the barrel works too.
My thought, though it would be a paradox, is why not have Hakaze destroy the barrel on the island? If the barrel is destroyed, it would never be there 2 years later when Samon went to pick up her bones, thus a paradox, thus BOOM.

But now that they did the whole carving thing, i'd guess if they did my idea the barrel would just fall apart doing absolutely nothing. Hmm.

Blide_sl

shitlord
Fairy Tail taunts me by not releasing a fourth OST. The anime has amazing music but they haven't released a soundtrack since the Edolas arc.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Great SAO episode once again, haven't read the manga's so really interested in how this unfolds. Easily my most anticipated series at the moment. *Spoiler* We seem to be past the sister drama for the most part. Hopefully we reach asuna the next episode and she's a live/free character again.

ramp

Silver Knight of the Realm
Fairy Tail taunts me by not releasing a fourth OST. The anime has amazing music but they haven't released a soundtrack since the Edolas arc.
Agreed! Especially as a lot of those pieces transcribe really well to ie piano.
As for SAO, the latest ep put it back on the rails. Even though its less good then the previous arc, it still leaves me waiting in suspence every week.