Fall 2013 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its that magical time again.

Image chart is linked from off-site,here. (Its too big to attach, unfortunately.)

I've also included a link to the schedule and some more summaries,here.

ibpdy6o55LnlmA.jpg

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Here's a video someone made with a bunch of the trailers for the shows. Check the actual video page on Youtube for more info.

0:00 Kyoukai no Kanata
1:17 Nagi no Asukara
2:23 KILL la KILL
3:13 Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova
4:14 Yowamushi Pedal
4:43 Log Horizon
5:45 Golden Time
6:35 Non Non Biyori
7:32 Gingitsune
8:27 BlazBlue Alter Memory
9:20 Outbreak Company
10:15 Tokyo Ravens
11:03 Strike the Blood
11:56 Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai
12:50 Walkure Romanze
13:25 Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Lovecome wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru
13:55 Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku NAritai!
14:35 Galilei Donna
15:02 Samurai Flamenco
15:18 Meganebu!
15:59 Coppelion
17:02 Gundam Build Fighters
17:52 Dia no Ace
18:25 Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta
18:56 Little Busters! ~Refrain~
20:16 Kuroko no Basuke S2
20:42 Infinite Stratos 2
21:45 Magi 2
21:15 White Album 2
22:54 Freezing Vibration
23:36 Phi Brain: Kami no Kuzzle 3
24:05 Seiyuu Sentai Boisutomu 7
24:35 Tesagure! Bukatsumono
25:05 Diabolik Lovers
25:41 Super Seisyun Brothers
26:03 Kyousogiga TV
26:12 Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita
26:27 Kakumeiki Valvrave 2
26:42 Hajime no Ippo Rising
26:52 Gaist Crusher
27:08 Saikyou Ginga Ultimate Zero: Battle Spirits
27:18 Oshiri Kajiri Mushi 2
27:28 Miss Monochrome
27:39 pupa

Sean_sl

shitlord
Fall looks amazing. More Infinite Stratos, Phi Brain, Ippo, Kuroko, Magi, Valvrave, and Little Busters? Fucking yes please. Tons of good looking new stuff too.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gundam Build Fighters? Fuck everybody involved with that show. I want my Gundam to be several stories high, city destroying armors of epic that are piloted by cliche emo characters.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Holy crap, new Kara no Kyoukai, guess it's time to watch them again.

edit : where is Mardock Scramble ep 3 ? After the literal gayness of episode 2 this better be awesome.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Fall looks amazing. More Infinite Stratos, Phi Brain, Ippo, Kuroko, Magi, Valvrave, and Little Busters? Fucking yes please. Tons of good looking new stuff too.
Yep, looking forward to all of those except Phi Brain as i've never seen it. So it's good, eh?

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Fall is looking amazing. I broke my "wait till it's over before I watch it" rule with Attack on Titan, looks like I'll be doing it again this fall...

Also, I figured this would be of more interest in the anime thread than in the Other Games forum, but recently announced in Japan, a Dengeki Bunko cross-over anime fighting game! Unimaginatively titledDengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAXpits characters from the DB published light novels against each other such as Asuna and Leafa from SAO against Shana. Backgrounds from the screenshots indicate we'll see some Valkyria Chronicles characters as well as hints at Accel World, Durarara and Baccano characters. Im a sucker for anime fighters as it is, but this one has me chomping at the bit... Published by Sega and since they hate westerners it's a safe bet this will end up as import only.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
Seems the Fall Season started off ok.

Coppelion: Poor Tokyo is once again Ground Zero for some major disaster. At first I thought it was about Fukushima, but i guess that would be too normal. Good artwork/animation. Gonna watch.
Kyoukai no Kanata: first ep was good. Gonna watch too.
Miss Monochrome: 4 Minute episode, not funny nor interesting. Did not like. Will not watch.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Watched Kill la Kill, Infinite Stratos, and Golden Time last night - enjoyed all 3 especially Golden Time.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So Log Horizon appears to be the first of what is sure to be many Sword Art Online ripoffs. Still working through half of the new shows, will see how it plays out.

Watching
Kill la Kill
Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary)
Strike the Blood
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita (I Couldn?t Be a Hero, So I?m Working the Register)
Magi
Unbreakable Machine-doll

Questionable
Coppelion
Log Horizon
Outbreak Company
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio ~Ars Nova~

mysterion_sl

shitlord
Watched the first ep of Kill la Kill, Golden Time, Yuushibu, Strike the Blood and Nagi no Asukara. So far there isn't anything bad to say. Nagi no Asukara (thats the one with ppl living underwater) was rather bland, compared to the other animes.

So far Kill la Kill is the most promising this season.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Kill la Kill is ok but nothing more for me, i guess if you loved Gurren Lagann you'll be all over it, since the wonky style is similar. Strike the Blood has been my favorite so far with the return of Ippo and Kuroko this is shaping up to be the best season this year.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
just watchedGundam Build Fightersand thought it was probably the worst thats coming out this season, until i watchedsekai no ichibanand that has got to be the most idiotic anime i've seen in quite some time. not funny idiotic, just plain stupid.

Magi S2 was a bit underwhelming too but still a masterpiece compared to those two ....

Sean_sl

shitlord
Coppelion- Kinda weird, will probably keep watching.
Kyoukai no Kanata- Pretty cool, interesting characters and great animation (yay KyoAni).
Kyousougiga- Still as crazy as the ovas/mini-eps, fun animation.
Nagi no Asukara- Interesting setting, high PA Works quality.
Outbreak Company- Hilarious premise is fucking hilarious.

IS: Infinite Stratos 2- Ichika is as dense as ever, tons of fanservice.
Kill la Kill- Hilarious, Awesome, Insane. Definitely A Gurren Lagann feel.
Golden Time- High expectations for this since it's from the writer of Toradora. Also very glad that it's not a high school setting and they use older characters.
Strike the Blood- Good setup, seems like this could be one of the better shows this season.
Yuushibu- Another "Demon Lord" show, pretty funny.

Log Horizon- I'm a sucker for these types of shows. It feels a bit more like .hack than SAO for some reason, imo. Plus the RC preview said the source material is pretty solid and there's a difference in that characters can't die here.
Little Busters! ~Refrain~- Bustin' makes me feel good. I think this is the "Shit Gets Real" arc.
White Album 2- Seems like it'll be better than the first series, looks to have better characters.
Hajime no Ippo Rising- Fuck yes, more Ippo.
Kuroko no Basuke 2- Fuck yes, more Kuroko.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Ace of Diamond- Looks like it'll be a pretty good baseball anime.
Magi: The Kingdom of Magic- More Magi.
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle (Season 3)- More Phi Brain.
Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!- That was pretty awful.
Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~- Fun series, glad it's back.

Meganebu!- NOPE.
Walkure Romanze- Pretty funny. High hopes for this since it's from the makers of Princess Lover.
Gingitsune- Decent. I like settings with Japanese Gods/Spirits.
Gundam Build Fighters- So bad, so very bad. I'll keep watching for some reason though.
Unbreakable Machine-doll- Surprisingly really good,easilymy favorite so far.

Yowamushi Pedal- Biking anime. Seems like it'll be a decent sports anime.
Non Non Biyori- Cute and relaxing.
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio ~Ars Nova~- The 3D animated characters feel a little off, but this is a really cool post-apoc Submarine/Warship show. Definitely watch it.
Tokyo Ravens- Should be really good, shows subbed by GGusuallyare.
BlazBlue Alter Memory- Haven't played the games and don't know the story of them, but this seems ok.

NouKome- Pretty funny, probably the RomCom of the season to watch.
Galilei Donna- Really weird premise, seems alright though.
Samurai Flamenco- This is pretty good, has a fun vibe like Tiger & Bunny.
Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season- Yay more Valvrave.
Diabolik Lovers- Nope.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Second ep of Log Horizon was pretty good too. I like that it's a lot more "gamey" than SAO/.hack. People being unable to die adds an interesting different psychological aspect to it too.