Fall 2014 Anime Thread

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Here ya go.

The chart is too large to attach, so its linked from off-sitehere.

The schedule came fromhere, and contains some more info.

neregate.com-Fall-2014-Anime-Chart-v2.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my wife watches lots of anime with me, we have been for like 15years together. one genre she hates to the core is Gundam, and i've never recommended she watch any of it if she hates it so much. a month or so ago, out of the blue she's like "man there isn't an anime like Angelic Layer around huh?" and i said, "well there is, but it's gundam toys instead", she decided to take a chance and now she can't wait for this new season.

you guys should probably look out for terraformars, it'll probably be the most action packed. (current on the manga)

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Psycho Pass 2 and log horizon should both be great. I'm debating on watching psycho pass extended edition (which seems to have less episodes then the original series?) before it starts.

An interesting thing to note is that All of Urobochi Gen's series that he is billed as creator seems good. Aldnoah Zero, Suisei no Gargantia, Fate Zero, Psycho Pass, etc. I haven't seen Madoka and Phantom but those are pretty highly rated.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's a HUGE (an entire side of a building) billboard for Psycho Pass over in Akihabara. I've walked past it twice yesterday.

That's Electric City, home of everything nerdy in Japan. Anime, Manga, Video games... But yeah, huge Psycho Pass billboard.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm debating on watching psycho pass extended edition (which seems to have less episodes then the original series?) before it starts.
They're hour-long episodes. They took two 30-min episodes, compiled them into 1 hour, and added a sprinkle of new stuff to them.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Psycho Pass 2 and log horizon should both be great. I'm debating on watching psycho pass extended edition (which seems to have less episodes then the original series?) before it starts.

An interesting thing to note is that All of Urobochi Gen's series that he is billed as creator seems good. Aldnoah Zero, Suisei no Gargantia, Fate Zero, Psycho Pass, etc. I haven't seen Madoka and Phantom but those are pretty highly rated.
Madoka is probably his best work. It skewers the magical girl genre mercilessly, but still manages to have a compelling story and interesting characters.

He only did the first two episodes of gargantia, and wow did it show heh.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just downloaded Psycho Pass 1 (Extended Edition) in prep for PP2. I've never seen this show, so I hope it's as good as everyone says.

Fedor

<Banned>
Isn't the extended edition of Psycho Pass just two episodes at a time with shitty extra cgi thrown in?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't really like Anime much, last show I watched more then a few episodes was gundam wing in the 90s.

Psycho Pass is great however! Been watching it while afk ratting in eve. Where do you guys watch the new episodes when they come out?

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
I don't really like Anime much, last show I watched more then a few episodes was gundam wing in the 90s.

Psycho Pass is great however! Been watching it while afk ratting in eve. Where do you guys watch the new episodes when they come out?
Most of these guys use Crunchyroll it seems, but Im more like you and only watch a few anime here and there plus Im a cheap bastard so I use Kissanime. Its an ad site and I only stream, never had any problems.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider

I dl from horrisblesubs/animetosho or bakabt (need registration).

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They're fucking remaking Tenchi Muyo! ?Really?
So that's an actual remake? I thought it might be like GXP or the one in the alternate universe (or whatever the hell it was) but the description sounded an awful lot like the original. It's been over a decade since i last saw it so maybe it will be enjoyable.

The Master

Bronze Squire
They're remaking Sailor Moon, how is it surprising they're remaking Tenchi Muyo? Early 90s anime remakes are all the rage (and by rage I mean profit).