Fallout 4

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just wanted vanilla with the DLCs. And aside from the leak it worked great.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did you try this one? Supposedly this guide will make it playable. Haven't tried it myself yet.

I'm planning to play FO1/2 after I finish BG1/2. Never played any of them before. This guide supposedly makes them more enjoyable.

For New Vegas, there are so many mods, one should be able to find enough updates to make it tolerable. The problem, like with most mods, is just finding the ones you want to use and work well together. That process alone can take hours; so I usually try to find some mod pack lists (with reviews in comments) on reddit or some such, and follow that.

I found Fallout 2, just like Baulder's Gate 2, the superior game, although I may be biased, since I played both of those years before playing the first ones. While I have never played Fallout 1 ported into 2, I have played Baulder's Gate 1 ported into 2, twice, and it it was phenomenal (one playthrough was before the enhanced editions and one was with the enhanced editions).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FO1/2 are hard to get into because the QOL and everything are just way too archaic for most people. It desperately needs the kind of overhaul that Baldur's Gate got. If the corporate overlords aren't going to do it, then the modding community is the answer. I'm personally waiting for some kind of official FO1/2 remaster rather than pushing myself through them in their current ancient state. Given how most of the other classic CRPGs got a remaster (usually in twos), I think chances are good that FO1/2 will as well. Maybe by then I'll have finished off FO4!
Outside of the mediocre small and unneeded extra chapters/locations that Beamdog added, the Enhanced Editions for Baulder's Gate and Planescape were mostly just taking what modders already did, and putting it into a single neat package that they could resell.

I like Fallout 1 and 2 as they are (far superior to anything Beth put out), so I never really went looking for mods when I replayed them 8+ years ago. If people figured out how to port FO1 into 2, I would think that there are some that do exactly what the EE did for BG, nowadays (I vaguely remember reading about huge Fallout mods on RPGWatch, over the years).

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I've got something like 110 hours on the PS4 version with 90% trophies. Been wanting to finish this off for ages. Everything I have left is either A) Weird settlement-building stuff that I can't get to work right and am not too interested in, or B) Nuka-World dog-fighting and recipe collecting or whatever. I couldn't seem to finish the main Nuka World quest either because it wanted me to dick around with settlements and the objective markers were taking me around in a circle. 110 hours was already way beyond what I could put up with, I think I was pretty done with the game by 80 hours or so.

Don't know what it is but I just really don't like this game. I'm a huge Fallout fan and loved all the earlier games. When I try to play FO4 or 76, though, it just feels weird and cold. Like a Walking Dead game rather than a 60's pulp Sci-Fi game, which is how the old ones felt.

I think the kind of dumb thing about Nuka World is that to really get into a lot of the content, you have to be a bad guy that's shitting on the Commonwealth after basically spending most of the game trying to save it one way or another. You can just tell all the gangs to fuck off and wipe them out, but then you're skipping like half of the DLC or more.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ya I did hate that - you lose out on a ton of content if you play good guy. But if you side with the raiders, it fucks your standing in the Commonwealth and locks you out of stuff there as well

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The only way to do Nuka World is to complete the base game, THEN do the Nuka content. Its the only thing that makes sense. I did it as far as it let me and then I heard "YEAH, LETS GO RAID THE COMMONWEALTH" and I was like welp, time to put this one down until I complete the game. I mean it still sucks, from what my kid was telling me they have you raiding the fucking same settlements YOU took the time to build and grow.

The Far Harbor DLC was a bit more self contained. I did all last week and it was cool. The only thing about it was it was kinda short and I hate the entire fog shit.

Cybsled

Ya, you raid your own settlements. Then Preston is like " You're technically a General of the Minutemen, but fuck you" and you lose him as a companion. You also don't want to do the raider shit around any good companions either, like Piper, since you take massive rep hits.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Oh, THAT must be why my Nuka-World story playthrough ended up at a standstill. The objective markers had me going back to my own settlements, but after a year away from the game, I didn't know why, and ended up following the markers around in a circle until I shrugged and turned the game off. It must want me to raid my own settlements. I guess I should try blasting everyone and see what happens?

I also have a few trophies from Wasteland Workshop that I have to make sure to do, prolly before I obliterate any settlements.

Cybsled

If I recall, you have a few options with settlements. You meet the raiding party and then you have some options on what to do - you can either not raid the settlement or you can go about handling the settlement in different ways. You can basically extort the settlement for supplies or destroy it. I think either works, although some of the raider factions in Nuka World prefer different handling methods.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My last run of FONV "ended" in the middle when Mr. House asked me to kill the Brotherhood of Steel outpost. I told him no, did all the sidequests in the game, came back, tried to get him to not change and just uninstalled. I felt like it was sort of a clean ending despite no conclusion. Sometimes missing content is OK.

spronk

FPS noob

i only put an hour or so into Fallout 4, guess its time to finally play. wonder if I should play on my xbox or steam deck though, decisions decisions

not until 2023, probably to coincide with the amazon TV show, so no rush

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I've had the strange urge to replay this after the Skyrim update, will gladly wait the PS5 upgrade.

Brad2770

Bug fixes. Quite a few of those. Even the unofficial patch didn’t fix everything.

Would be nice if they added completed content that was pulled from the game, like all the stuff that was pulled from The Combat Zone.

• 1Like