Fallout 76

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
People go into FO76 automatically hating it, just to align with their confirmation bias.

Maybe the game sucked ass at release, but people saying they uninstalled after 10 minutes are hyperbolic as fuck. It gets boring just like ALL of Bethesda's shit, but it isn't nearly "uninstall in 10 minutes" levels of bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed the time I played in it, but the performance was pretty close to unacceptable - par for the course for the company though.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just couldn't get into the MMO aspect of it. I got out of the vault and started wandering around, but once I started running into other players, I couldn't get into it. Maybe I just want my Fallout to be the lone wanderer in the wastes. I'll always have New Vegas.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People go into FO76 automatically hating it, just to align with their confirmation bias.

Maybe the game sucked ass at release, but people saying they uninstalled after 10 minutes are hyperbolic as fuck. It gets boring just like ALL of Bethesda's shit, but it isn't nearly "uninstall in 10 minutes" levels of bad.

Friend who is a huge Bethesda / Fallout fan hated 76 when it came out. But he tried it again after they brought in npcs, etc. and loved it. Still plays that game off and on, although he's done just about everything you can do in that game.

I never got the reason why he hated 76 in the first place. Think he did just because everyone else was on the hate train. People get that way, fucking herd animals without brains.

I can take or leave the fallout games. Good games, but I was never in love with them. i played 76 when it launched and liked it well enough. It seemed like all the other fallout games, same experience, even down the fucking clunky engine.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Friend who is a huge Bethesda / Fallout fan hated 76 when it came out. But he tried it again after they brought in npcs, etc. and loved it. Still plays that game off and on, although he's done just about everything you can do in that game.

I never got the reason why he hated 76 in the first place. Think he did just because everyone else was on the hate train. People get that way, fucking herd animals without brains.

I can take or leave the fallout games. Good games, but I was never in love with them. i played 76 when it launched and liked it well enough. It seemed like all the other fallout games, same experience, even down the fucking clunky engine.
It barely had any story to it at launch and no NPCs. The world felt bare compared to other FO games. The quests that existed were rudimentary. It was more of an action game than an RPG, imo. Even then, the lack of space and ammo issues hindered even that aspect. That's before all the bugs and poor performance.

It was a pretty significant departure from the series that just can't be chalked up to "herd animal". Nice way to think about your friend instead of asking him.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It barely had any story to it at launch and no NPCs. The world felt bare compared to other FO games. The quests that existed were rudimentary. It was more of an action game than an RPG, imo. Even then, the lack of space and ammo issues hindered even that aspect. That's before all the bugs and poor performance.

It was a pretty significant departure from the series that just can't be chalked up to "herd animal". Nice way to think about your friend instead of asking him.
Our friends and even our family can have herd animal moments. Doesn't mean you stop loving them.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I played it for an hour or so last night on the recommendation of my kid. Kind of a meh experience. Not all that excited about. It seems like managing inventory is going to suck. Got it for free on Prime so no big loss. I'll give it a little more time.

Cybsled

The MSQ sort of starts off slow (the lost treasure mystery), but gets better once you have to visit beneath the White Springs resort. You also can start the Brotherhood of Steel stuff a short while into the MSQ, which runs somewhat parallel to the MSQ stuff.