Fallout

Fadaar

That guy
I bailed after 3 hours. It's a hot mess of a show. World-building is terrible and inconsistent. I never played the game, but I didn't with League of Legends and I think that Arcane is a masterpiece.

This is just high-budget, bloody crap. It's bad for the 3 episodes I wasted on it before I tapped out. Maybe that's unfair, as I did not subject myself to the entire show. But I don't see this as being "The Expanse" and pulling it all together after rounding first base. Even without losing points for the needless Netflix addition of blacks and transsexuals to the post-apocalypse it is just bad. How all the episodes scored so high on IMDB is beyond me. A stacked deck, I think. The show sucks.

imo the middle episodes are the best part

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I just finished the first season and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Were there some dumb fucking choices in some of the episodes with regards to plot, situations, and characters? Sure. But goddamn if it didn't feel like the Fallout world. Personally, I liked the mix of slapstick and gore as those kind of things are my fondest memories of Fallout games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
It's tripe level writing with a blockbuster budget. Pretty much another lord of the hairfoots. You just have to turn your brain off and look at it as a spoof show.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. Even without losing points for the needless Netflix addition of blacks and transsexuals to the post-apocalypse

Why wouldn't African-Americans survive a nuclear holocaust? Especially as they have higher levels of melanin to protect against UV radiation.

And if the other you refer to was non-binary then that's not a transsexual. Transsexual implies some form of sex reassignment surgery e.g in M2F transsexuals - hormones, fake tits and dick chopping. There was no evidence of any surgery, - her perceived trans-ness was solely cosmetic

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Why wouldn't African-Americans survive a nuclear holocaust? Especially as they have higher levels of melanin to protect against UV radiation.

And if the other you refer to was non-binary then that's not a transsexual. Transsexual implies some form of sex reassignment surgery e.g in M2F transsexuals - hormones, fake tits and dick chopping. There was no evidence of any surgery, - her perceived trans-ness was solely cosmetic
The canon of post-apocalyptic literature is huge. Some of it quite brilliant. Google it-- you'll find a ton of lists:
(here's two-- but there are many)

Very Best Post-Apocalyptic Fiction (323 books)

Almost all of it describes the human tendency to cluster in groups of similarity-- completely opposite from diversity...

Maybe the bulk of the human experience/the human condition represented by these novels are all just wrong and Prime gets it right. But probably not.

• 1Picard

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The canon of post-apocalyptic literature is huge. Some of it quite brilliant. Google it-- you'll find a ton of lists:
(here's two-- but there are many)

Very Best Post-Apocalyptic Fiction (323 books)

Almost all of it describes the human tendency to cluster in groups of similarity-- completely opposite from diversity...

Maybe the bulk of the human experience/the human condition represented by these novels are all just wrong and Prime gets it right. But probably not.

Let me make sure I can steel-person your argument. You're *checks notes* citing works of fiction as evidence for your claim?

/picard

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I finished it last night. The story is OK, on par with the average Bethesda story. Where it excels is the atmosphere, mood, music and costumes. Someone on staff is very famous with Fallout /New Vegas setting.

Other thoughts
  • The lead actress looks a bit like a Bethesda NPC to me.
  • Walton Goggins as the ghoul is by far my favorite performance in the show.
  • I don't really care that things don't match the universe exactly. Even Fallout cannon is flexible in universe.
And I thought the nod at the end was great.
The main character and two companions embark on a new quest together.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Let me make sure I can steel-person your argument. You're *checks notes* citing works of fiction as evidence for your claim?

/picard
It would be hard to cite post-apocalyptic works of non-fiction...

Most of literature is fiction. The study of works of fiction does not make them irrelevant or untrue or not-representative of the human condition. The humanities departments throughout the world use fiction as a substrate. Plato, Shakespeare, Steinbeck, Melville, Vonnegut and Austen (had to through a non-"white guy" in there) are studied because of their understanding of the human condition as represented in fictional constructs.

• 1Picard

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Geez. The ending of this show was such a waste.

All that lead up and they throw together an ending with them walking off into the distance, lulz.

Extra lulz when Maximus chose to try and punch Lucy's dad wearing a mech suit, lmao. Hard eye roll.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Geez. The ending of this show was such a waste.

All that lead up and they throw together an ending with them walking off into the distance, lulz.

Extra lulz when Maximus chose to try and punch Lucy's dad wearing a mech suit, lmao. Hard eye roll.
I'm convinced every character is at least midly retarded. Some more than others.

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I bailed after 3 hours. It's a hot mess of a show. World-building is terrible and inconsistent. I never played the game, but I didn't with League of Legends and I think that Arcane is a masterpiece.

This is just high-budget, bloody crap. It's bad for the 3 episodes I wasted on it before I tapped out. Maybe that's unfair, as I did not subject myself to the entire show. But I don't see this as being "The Expanse" and pulling it all together after rounding first base. Even without losing points for the needless Netflix addition of blacks and transsexuals to the post-apocalypse it is just bad. How all the episodes scored so high on IMDB is beyond me. A stacked deck, I think. The show sucks.

Had a similar reaction at first, the show does get better after Ep 3.

I also quit after Ep 2 and was able to get back into it after Ep 3.

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
i assumed boys or reacher would be #1 but its rings of girl power
The Boyz has way more gay shit in it that the quasi tranny in fallout. I know plenty of people who watch marvel and stuff but can't stand the Boyz. Seth Rogan has his fat greasy jew fingers all over that show.

• 1Picard