Favorite albums of all time?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
That's mine. I can listen to that all the way through any time, no hesitation. A masterpiece all the way around. Particularly when you lived through Rage for Order and swore you'd never listen to them again because they became poseurs. Of course, now I don't mind Rage for Order.

Close honorable mentions would be:
Mercyful Fate - both Melissa and Don't Break the Oath, literally classics, but if you don't like King Diamond's voice you'll hate it;
Megadeth - Rust in Peace, one of the greatest metal albums of all time;
Metallica - Ride the Lightning, I find myself re-listening to this one far more than the others;
Metal Church - Metal Church, the greatest metal album of all time if you're going strictly by a band hardly anyone ever heard of;
Ice-T - Original Gangster, one of the few rap albums I ever liked, still want to know who the chick was that voiced that 2nd track, I could listen to her speak literally anything.

I'm very narrow in my musical tastes. And I'm totally fine with that. Bring back 80s metal!

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
Mos Def - Black on Both Sides
The Strokes - Is this It
Daft Punk - Homework
Daft Punk - Discovery
Daft Punk - Alive 2007
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
Top Gun Soundtrack
Marvin Gaye - What's Going on
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon
Paul Williams - Bugsy Malone

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Some get 2 because I can't decide

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Metallica - Ride the Lightning/Master of Puppets
Pearl Jam - Ten
Alice in Chains - Dirt
Soundgarden - Superunknown
The Offspring - Smash/Ixnay on the Hombre
Oasis - Definitely, Maybe
Bush - Sixteen Stone
Tool - Aenima/Lateralus
Linkin Park - Meteora (controversy slot)
Ghost - Meliora/Prequelle
Gojira - Magma/Fortitude

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Been thinking about this one for a bit and most of these are extremely close to ones I would pick:

Soundgarden - Superunknown; I don't know how much we listened to this in school. In 10th grade or 11th grade I even did a reading of Fell On Black Days in AP English class.
Dream Theater - Scenes From a Memory absolutely. Even though Images and Words was my first introduction to DT, Scenes from a Memory is my standout and I can listen to it non-stop. It really propelled me further down the Aeryon and other band rabbit holes.
Muse - Absolution; I'd actually pick Showbiz here just because we got it when it came out in college and wouldn't shut up about Muse to our friends. No one took us seriously or wanted to hear about this "FUTURE ROCK" which is the only way we could describe it. Muscle Museum and Uno go worn out on our dorm stereo.
Rush - Farewell to Kings; That's too difficult to pick. Caress of Steel or Fly By Night would be my immediate go-to, but no way can I pick a single Rush album.

Other things I would include:

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime; there's a theme between Rush, Queensryche, Dream Theater of me getting really in to concept albums, and it still exists today beacuse...
Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth III; About the only thing I like more than H&K firearms is Coheed.
Pain - Midgets With Guns; This was a local band that was our first real "roadie" style experience. We'd travel all around the SE to see them. Just a small band out of a small Alabama town but we were in High School and they were so cool.
Self - Subliminal Plastic Motives; Another small band from Murfreesboro, TN that we traveled all over to see. Spongebath Records was a great label with a lot of cool bands.
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Murder Ballads; I could put Tool - Opiate, Korn - Korn, and a couple of others here. I had an unhealthy childhood and resonated with some dark, angry stuff due to that. I still love all these albums but view them very different than I did back as a 14-16 year old.
KMFDM - Angst; Light and A Drug Against War are incredible. I liked Rage, a lot, but skewed different on the sort of political output.
Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes; I don't know, this is another one where so many artists could go during this phase of my life...

A lot of other ones that got me through some rough times. This is a difficult road to go down and capture everything!
Mindcrime is absolutely on the list. I wore two cassettes out on that one. Fucking perfect concept album start to finish. Excellent add.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Megadeth - Rust in Peace, one of the greatest metal albums of all time;
Metallica - Ride the Lightning, I find myself re-listening to this one far more than the others;

I'm very narrow in my musical tastes. And I'm totally fine with that. Bring back 80s metal!

Huge fan of those two, also love Countdown to Extinction, underrated imo

And will add Demanufacture by Fear Factory to the mix.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
To name a few and In no particular order:

Gojira - The Way of All Flesh
The Weakerthans - Left and Leaving / Reconstruction Site / Reunion Tour
Sturgill Simpson - Metamodern Sounds in Country Music
Devin Townsend - Empath
Propaghandi - How To Clean Everything
Protest The Hero - Kezia

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
REM - Automatic For The People
REM - Monster
The Cranberries - Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?
The Cranberries - No Need To Argue
Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk
Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business
Counting Crows - August And Everything After
Counting Crows - Recovering the Satellites
TMBG - Flood
TMBG - Factory Showroom

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
REM - Monster
TMBG - Flood
TMBG - Factory Showroom
Monster was one of the first albums I owned.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
The Clash - London Calling
Nirvana - Nevermind
Tame Impala - Currents
Radiohead - OK Computer

But so many great ones already mentioned.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
REM - Monster
TMBG - Flood
TMBG - Factory Showroom
Finally saw TMBG on tour last year playing all of Flood and I will not miss another concert of theirs in my area again. That band is incredible.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Finally saw TMBG on tour last year playing all of Flood and I will not miss another concert of theirs in my area again. That band is incredible.
Im only familiar with Istanbul and one or two other songs, but I can see them being fun live.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yar. Saw them live once like 25 years ago at a small venue. Was a great show.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Spent many a night with the girlfriend listening to this album over the last 35 years. Best listened to on a hot night with the doors and windows open and lights off and girlfriend of your choice or wife, or both if they know each other.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i used to play these all the way through, i loved them all. also not including "best ofs..." mixes or soundtracks
Def Leppard, Pyromania
Motley Crue, Too Fast For Love, Shout At The Devil, Dr Feelgood, Girls Girls Girls, Theater of Pain
Ratt, Out Of The Cellar
Nirvana, Nevermind
Anthrax, Among The Living, Spreading the Disease, Persistence of Time
Metallica, Ride The Lightning, Master of puppets, And Justice For All.
Judas Priest, Defenders Of The Faith, Screaming For Vengeance, British Steel, Turbo.
Twisted Sister, Stay Hungry, You Cant Stop Rock N Roll, Under The Blade, Come Out N Play
Slayer, Seasons In The Abyss, South Of Heaven, Reign In Blood
l7-Hungry For Stink
White Zombie, Astrocreep 2000, La Sexorcisto, (Rob solo) Hellbilly Deluxe.
Skid Row, Slave To The Grind, Skid Row
Prince, Purple Rain
Michael Jackson, Thriller
Guns N Roses, Appetite For Destruction, Use Your Illusion 1 and 2.
Iron Maiden, Piece Of Mind, Number Of The Beast, Powerslave, Somewhere In Time.
Blue Oyster Cult, Fire Of Unknown Origin.
WASP, WASP
Type O Negative, October Rust
Marilyn Manson, Portrait Of An American Family, Mechanical Animals
Black Sabbath, Master Of Reality, Black Sabbath, Vol 4, Technical Ecstasy, Never Say Die, Paranoid, Sabotage, Heaven And Hell, Mob Rules, Born Again. (Ozzy solo) Blizzard Of Oz, Diary Of A Madman, Bark At The Moon, Ultimate Sin, No More Tears, Ozzmosis. (Dio solo) Holy Diver, Last In Line
Dokken, Tooth and Nail, Under Lock And Key,
Men At Work Business As Usual.
King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Them, The Eye, Abigail, Melissa.
Megadeth, Rust In Peace
Yngwie Malmsteen, Rising Force
Cinderella, Night Songs
Nine Inch Nails, Pretty Hate Machine, Downward Spiral
Paradise Lost, Draconian Times
Meatloaf, Bat Out Of Hell
Pat Benatar, Precious Time, Crimes Of Passion,
Journey, Escape, Frontiers
Pink Floyd, Meddle, Wish You Were Here
Beatles, Sgt Peppers, Abbey Road, Revolver
honorable mentions
there are too many to list. example, i really like Van Halen, but i never owned Diver Down and 1984 i do own, but its just an OK album i heard it in it's entirety only once. thats like that with a lot of other bands i like too. I'm sure that i like Madonna more than i realize, but i never owned any of her albums for me to listen to.
i also have to mention one compilation album. it was one of those K-Tel records. it was called White Hot. it was basically a gateway drug for me to get into metal. i listened to White Hot dozens and dozens of times

Last edited: