Favorite Games Played in 2014

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kinda a companion thread to the "Best of 2014 thread" but without the released in 2014 restriction that also includes MMO's / MMORPG's, online FPS, whatever. I'm usually a year or more late to the party for most games, and "Best of" threads are great for filling out the steam wishlist, but it's not really representative of what was played. And I increasingly don't see a huge difference between the single player experience and the MMO experience. Putting it here so it's with the "Best of" thread and we don't really have an all encompassing general forum in which this may be better placed.

"Best of 2014 thread"
Rerolled

So, what games did you enjoy the most in 2014?

For me:

1.SWTOR.The definitive example of how a WoW clone should be done with some nice additions. Not perfect, but it was a good time. Good linear voice acted stories that take you on a tour of what the game has to offer. I can see myself continually coming back to revisit this till I finish all the stories.
2.BioShock Infinite.Some people hated it, but I really enjoyed my time with it. Plus the DLC's were almost better than the game and they were actual expansions, and not shit cut out of the game so they could be sold later.
3.Tomb Raider.Great interactive movie.
4.Borderlands 2.Played the shit out of this game with Hatorade and Azmo.
5.Path of Exile.300 hours and I still suck at this game.
6.Assassin's Creed III.What can I say, I'm an AC fanboy.
7.Planetside 2.It's hit and miss, but when I feel the need to suck at an online FPS this is where I go.
8.World of Warcraft: The Expansion.Good times and great oldies revamped and revisited.
9.Far Cry 3.Crap story but some of the best stealth fps I've played. Even tho nothing requires stealth and you're Rambo III 10 minutes into the game.
10.Divinity: Original Sin.Down low because I haven't finished it yet. But it's pretty addictive, sufficiently complicated and a game I only want to play through entirely once because it's so time consuming.

Honorable mention: Lord of the Rings Online. Finally went back and played through all the content, liked what was there.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I typically play games as soon as they are released unlike ol Steam Sales Sukik here but I did go back and play some gems again. (some for the 8 or 9th time like Fallouts)

1. Planetside 2 by far most time played and involved with.
2. Fallout 1/2/3/ New Vegas again
3. Wasteland 2
3. Alien Isolation
4. Divinity
5. Assassin Creed Rogue
6. Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC (excellent and 100% worth playing again for the DLC)
7. System Shock 2 (first time) excellent game.
8. BF4 hoping the battlefield series gets better with Hardline. Old school guys here know I am hardcore into Battlefield all the way back to 1942.
9. Dragon Age Inqustion:- Game is amazing and Im like only lvl 6. This game could easily get my top game played this year when I get done but alas I am not.
10. Farcry 4 - Half way through and all I got to say is Shangri-La. fucking awesome game but sadly not finished so it stays at 10.
11. Diablo 3 - Loved it but got bored when everyone quit.

Still working on Far Cry 4 which will may take top spot and same with Dragon Age. Both amazing and 110% confirm go buy it and Im not even half way done with either.

Honorable mention: Dragon age 2 Legacy. DA2 is a shitty fucking game but the DLC was pretty good. Still not worth it to play that game because it made me so fucking ill at the end.
Destiny -I mean it was pretty good but not for me.
Call of Duty: Advanced Spacey - Worth a playthrough for sure. It was fun.
Games I hated - The Evil Within -Ya fuck that game.
Oh and Dragon Age 2. I can't believe I played that shit again. What a fucking horrible game with dogshit writing.

Games left to play: LOL now that is a list we should do

1) Ryse
2)Sunset overdrive
3) Halo Master C Dog collection
4) Pantheon
ugh this will take years

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
In no particular order:

1) Hearthstone
2) Tomb Raider
3) GTA 5 Remastered
4) Last of Us Remastered with DLC
5) Diablo 3 PS4
6) Far Cry 4
7) Shadows of Mordor
8) Divinity Original Sin
9) Speedrunners (While drunk)
10) Vanishing of Ethan Carter
11) Valiant Hearts
12) Child of Light
13) WoD
14) Alien Isolation
15) Outlast + DLC

And honestly, P.T was fantastic, and it's just a corridor demo. I cannot wait for the full game of that.

Some rehashes: AC Black Flag, Worms (While drunk never gets old), Sonic Racing Transformed (While drunk), Rock of Ages (Completely hammered it's hilarious)

Caliane

In no particular order:

And honestly, P.T was fantastic, and it's just a corridor demo. I cannot wait for the full game of that.
)
Turn around 3 times, jump on your foot and cluck like a chicken.
Dead Lesbian girlfriend then picks up the phone.

10/10. Game of the Year.

Szlia

The top of the pile for games played in 2014 (no order):

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Yakuza IV
Persona 4
Kentucky Route Zero

Honorable mentions (worthy of interest for a reason or another - no order):

The Swapper
Shelter
Beeswing <--- just released!
Environmental Station Alpha <--- in Greenlight
OFF
Eidolon
Yume Nikki
Dear Esther
Jazzpunk
English Country Tune
Gemini Rue
Lifeless Planet
Nandeyanen

Nester

Vyemm Raider
For me I really loved AC Black flag this year.... Spent way to much time on that boat !
TLOU us was a 2014 game for me as well, that I could not put down.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For me I really loved AC Black flag this year.... Spent way to much time on that boat !
TLOU us was a 2014 game for me as well, that I could not put down.
Play AssCreed Rogue next it's fantastic.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Play AssCreed Rogue next it's fantastic.
It is the only game on my xmas list so i am sure i will get it. I saw your other posts on it and I am excited !! I got Freedom Cry on the PSN sale last week for $6, currently working that.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm on an Assassin's creed binge right now. Finishing the AC:3 dlc and moving on to Liberation, followed by Black Flag. I don't know how far I'll get before something shiny distracts me but at least I got AC:3 done.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It is the only game on my xmas list so i am sure i will get it. I saw your other posts on it and I am excited !! I got Freedom Cry on the PSN sale last week for $6, currently working that.
Good....yes so good. My plan is slowly working.

Soon you, Sukik, and the rest of Rerolled will fall for my plan. I hope to see you at the next meeting.

"We welcome you into our fold, brother. You... are a Templar. May the Father of understanding guide us."

rrr_img_85533.jpg

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Turn around 3 times, jump on your foot and cluck like a chicken.
Dead Lesbian girlfriend then picks up the phone.

10/10. Game of the Year.
You know the sad part is that the P.T Silent Hill teaser demo was better than about 50% of the shit launched this year.

Too bad AC: Rogue isn't on next gen systems. I would try it. Especially now that it is on sale.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
1) Dark Souls II
2) Fire Emblem: Awakening
3) SSB WiiU
4) Shin Megami IV
5) Persona Q
6) Hotline Miami

Nothing else I played this year approaches those.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I typically play games as soon as they are released unlike ol Steam Sales Sukik here but I did go back and play some gems again. (some for the 8 or 9th time like Fallouts)

1. Planetside 2 by far most time played and involved with.
2. Fallout 1/2/3/ New Vegas again
3. Wasteland 2
3. Alien Isolation
4. Divinity
5. Assassin Creed Rogue
6. Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC (excellent and 100% worth playing again for the DLC)
7. System Shock 2 (first time) excellent game.
8. BF4 hoping the battlefield series gets better with Hardline. Old school guys here know I am hardcore into Battlefield all the way back to 1942.
9. Dragon Age Inqustion:- Game is amazing and Im like only lvl 6. This game could easily get my top game played this year when I get done but alas I am not.
10. Farcry 4 - Half way through and all I got to say is Shangri-La. fucking awesome game but sadly not finished so it stays at 10.
11. Diablo 3 - Loved it but got bored when everyone quit.

Still working on Far Cry 4 which will may take top spot and same with Dragon Age. Both amazing and 110% confirm go buy it and Im not even half way done with either.

Honorable mention: Dragon age 2 Legacy. DA2 is a shitty fucking game but the DLC was pretty good. Still not worth it to play that game because it made me so fucking ill at the end.
Destiny -I mean it was pretty good but not for me.
Call of Duty: Advanced Spacey - Worth a playthrough for sure. It was fun.
Games I hated - The Evil Within -Ya fuck that game.
Oh and Dragon Age 2. I can't believe I played that shit again. What a fucking horrible game with dogshit writing.

Games left to play: LOL now that is a list we should do

1) Ryse
2)Sunset overdrive
3) Halo Master C Dog collection
4) Pantheon
ugh this will take years
DA:I made me appreciate the stories they set in motion in DA2 a lot more.

Too bad both games have some horrible flaws. DA:I has some very major difficulty scaling problems towards the end of the game, as in it's way too fucking easy.

Best game I played this year was Titanfall, then DA:I. I think those were the only games I played this year, besides jerking around in GW2 to drop meteors on people. Oh no, I played Xenoblade Chronicles (ran superbly on the Dolphin emulator.) But I didn't even get halfway through, long game is long.

Nendyen_sl

shitlord
I enjoyed a lot of the indie stuff more than the big titles this year. In no particular order:

1. Papers Please
2. Rogue Legacy
3. Quest of Dungeons
4. Tales of Maj'Eyal
5. Borderlands 2
6. Payday 2
7. The Last Door Enhanced Edition
8. The Stanley Parable
9. Torchlight 2
10. Shadow Warrior (the remake)
11. Bioshock Infinite
12. The Deponias
13. The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav and Memoria
14. Risk of Rain
15. Hotline Miami
16. Paper Sorcerer

Meh, I played a lot of games.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
In no particular order

Console/PC:
Geometry Wars 3
Diablo 3 + RoS
Crypt of the Necrodancer
South Park: TSoT
Game of Thrones
Dead Island

Mobile:
Puzzle & Dragons
Retry
Trivia Crack

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Cant believe I forgot The Stick of Truth. Man that was a fun game, My wife actually watched me play it due to some of the comedy gold !