Fell Seal: Arbiters Mark

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Do you love Final Fantasy Tactics? Stop and get this it is the game you have been waiting for.
classes.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
Pretty good game so far. Great FFT call back. The character models are a little bleh and I don't like how you can customize the looks of all your secondary characters. I always liked it when their appearance changed with their job. Other than those minor nitpicks, it's definitely worth picking up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
On sale for 19 more hours, going to work for 14hrs.... fug it bought it on a splurge since I love tactical rpg's usually though it's been a long while.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Been waiting for a proper TRPG in the vein of FFT forever. Games rarely ever scratch the surface when it comes to being what I want but this looks promising.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Starting my first game on Custom difficulty -- Hard but with the Added Enemies slider set to Elite (adds 1-2 enemies per battle, one of which is a "special version of the enemy, with more abilities).

Really cool that they have such granularity with the difficulty settings, there's 9 different sliders for different aspects of the game, rather than just having the standard Easy / Normal / Hard option most games have.

Also I'm pretty glad they let you set the gamepad icons to Dualshock buttons.

From reading further reviews, sounds like there's a LOT of customizability when it comes to building your characters.

Apparently each unique story character has their own custom class, but the hidden final classes are only available to generic characters. It always bugged me in FFT that it made little sense to use generic characters once you got the full set of story characters in Chapter 4.

Ah okay quit reading and geeking out and start playing the game already Pharmakos, my gosh.

• 1Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ll check it out. Since Hatorade Hatorade your video game and board game library seem to align with mine almost identically. FFT and Ogre tactics were some of my favorite games as a teen but haven’t aged very well, hoping this scratches that gaming itch.

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the heads up - bought it as FFT is my favorite game of all time. I play it once every year or two.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Played a couple missions last night. Plays great so far, I like the class unlocking paths and ease of dual classing.

Lol at this image. I hope it doesn’t become an insane micromanage fest 15 hours into the game.

Molten Core Raider
That's...overkill. I have like 5 custom units I run alongside the main ones and that's it. I dont even really use all the main story heroes.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That's...overkill. I have like 5 custom units I run alongside the main ones and that's it. I dont even really use all the main story heroes.

Yeah my guess is that was just an advertising screenshot to show the amount of customization they have on appearance, unless the game changes drastically or you’re playing on super hard I’m not sure you’d ever need that many.

I do like the injury system, it promotes using different characters so you don’t just have a bunch of bench warmers like FFT or disgaea.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I might have to bump up the difficulty a bit... These sorts of games I always end up grinding out abilities asap instead of focusing on the story battles, I'm starting to out level encounters even playing on Hard w/ Elite enemies added.

Got the Crit bonuses from Scoundrel and Ranger stacked up on Reiner. Working towards the Crit bonuses skill on Peddler now.

Anadine did Knight up until getting One For All, then swapped her to Scoundrel so she could combine OFA with a bow. Working pretty well if you plan the turn out right, makes it so every time a character attacks an enemy she'll add in a plink shot with her bow too. Will be better once I get those Crit bonuses for her too, her damage is kind of low right now for it to be as OP as it could be.

Otherwise I've got a pair of recruits that are both working on Wizard and Mender, swapping back and forth to stay even. A Templar+Knight combo, and Scoundrel+Ranger combo I'm working into a Reiner clone for injury replacement purposes.

Kyrie doing her special class of course.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got to play for a few hours over the weekend, definitely seems heavily modeled after FFT. I like the smaller team size compared to some other games in the genre.

Overall it’s pretty good so far

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I'm definitely pretty hooked on this game, stayed up til 3AM playing despite having to actively fight nodding off.

• 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I’m hooked. Wanted to stay up and play but had to leave at 4am to catch a flight today. Must unlock classes!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Seems like the quickest and cheesiest way to level is just leave one enemy alive and then just buff/heal/hit each other until you get bored of it:

• 1Like