Final Fantasy 11 (Nasomi)

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Just downloaded this game and holy actual fuck the UI is the worst I've ever seen in any game in my entire life. I'm old school original EQ day 1 era and my god this is actual trash. How anyone can stomach this is amazing.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tried FfXII and the UI always prevented me from really getting in to it, among other major flaws. I suspect the UI was made for a game controller, not mouse and keyboard.

Good news is that they fixed all the flaws in ffxiv(next online one). Go play that instead

Siliconemelons

I tried FfXII and the UI always prevented me from really getting in to it, among other major flaws. I suspect the UI was made for a game controller, not mouse and keyboard.

Good news is that they fixed all the flaws in ffxiv(next online one). Go play that instead

It is, plug in a usb Playstation controller and things work really really well, compared to kbm

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It doesn't work THAT bad with a keyboard, but you have to forget about your mouse entirely, shit's fucking useless. It's also still clunky as shit, but same as console in that regard, switching targets, having to wait through the shitty sheathing/unsheathing animation to fight stuff, tab targetting being so fucking garbage unless you mod it or use a macro, there's so much shit with the UI. Alt A to attack and Ctrl C to check btw, this is super necessary.

Don't know about Nasomi but I wouldn't recommend playing the game without Windower either. Even not counting Gearswap, which honestly is nearly necessary, there's a ton of nice QoL addons.

I'm playing atm on live servers cause they have a callback campaign, finishing WotG since I didn't get to do that last time I played, free month ran out and figured there wasn't a reason to buy a month just to play through one campaign. Finished all the others and have no interest in actually playing the game, I just wanted to see all the story stuff, which is great btw, easily some of the best FF stories. Even the stuff added after 75 is good, story-wise.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not sure if I would like to play Nasomi.

The SquareEnix FFXI servers allow fast leveling. For instance, I get to lv.20 just by walking to Valkuurm Dunes. Then I can spend another hour to get lv. 36 throughout Jeuno and Kazham. Leveling is made easy as fuck. Which is great because it doesn't require tons of time commitment.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've been playing and streaming nasomi

Couple thoughts

1. This is basically 100% the game in ~2005 with some QOL upgrades. Conquest.seems faster. He enables.exp rings sometimes. Etc.

2. The developer/owner is extremely.active and vocal. He hosts this server himself at a loss and even runs it on generators when he loses power.

3. The population is very big (usually 1000+ online) and very helpful. I've not met a single asshole.

This was.a hard game with a hard to use UI. I don't blame people if that's the barrier.

I'm noodleface on there if you step in

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm playing with Noodle and we have a crew leveling, the game is perfect if any veterans wanted to relive the old days. Join up and play with us!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So far I've completed:
  1. Subjob Quest
  2. Levelled to 30
  3. Unlocked Samurai and Ninja
  4. Gotten a bunch of outposts + teleport crystals
  5. Got Kazham access (obvs because Sam + Nin)
Thanks to friends. If anyone wanted to play I'd obviously help them complete everything too. This game is big on community.

Also as L Lowball knows. Even an easy prey bee can ruin your day.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
man, kind of a pain in the butt to get up and running. took an hour or two but i got everything installed and up and running. had to find the new launcher on the forum since the current install from the website isn't up to date. then a few different errors i had to progressively solve before i was able to get into the game. the GF got home from work right as i got it figured out. made it out of the city just for one fight, and she got to watch me die to a wild rabbit.

so yeah, definitely feels like classic EQ so far, even tho all i've done is install and die to my first battle. lol. i think i should have equipped this staff in my inventory before trying that fight? didn't notice it til after i respawned.

pretty excited to figure this all out tho. already thinking about two boxing. will get back at it tomorrow.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
are there any guides around for a totally new player? can't find any newbie resources around, everything on the wiki seems to assume you played "back in the day."

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hm

New:First-Time - NasWiki

I would look for "new player nasomi" on Google as the server is very specifically locked in 2005. There have been a lot of guides that have come out and they're always outdated or wrong. For instance, the brady guide that came out with the NA launch was actually incorrect all over the place even in just job descriptions. It was a mess. It truly was a game where word of mouth and forums were king, of course that was way back in 2005.

You can also look up a lot of stuff on the order of bg wiki or ffxiclopedia. If I get stuck on a quest or mission I just.google it. 9/10 times the information is still correct, just some stuff SE streamlined with the game that isn't updated on nasomi.

If you see me (Noodleface) or Vittra online just ask us and we can get you a linkpearl. It's a noob linkshell but it's good especially for new players. We're always willing to come help In any way we can or answer questions. We're also always levelling low level jobs either for subjobs or trying a new mains or whatever. Some stuff like subjobs quest items we can knock out for you to take away some pain.

To see if we're online type '/sea all <name>'

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
And one very specific piece of advice.

1. Always have signet cast on you by the gate guards. This gives you conquest points (you can buy gear from the guards) and makes crystals drop from enemies. The gate guards can cast it on you.

2. Sell EVERYTHING on the AH. usually you want to sell in stacks but you can also sell 1 by 1. Just look at sale history (it'll pop up) and price like that.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Can you use Windower with it? Spellcast? I'm not sure I could go back to old XI without those tools these days honestly.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nasomi is packaged with the ashita launcher which is a windower packaged with some plugins (tparty and recast timers as well as a 60fps plugin which is awesome).

He definitely doesn't care about windower. The things he cracks down hard on are RMT and abusing known bugged mechanics that give you an advantage

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Oh sweet, I might give this a download soon then. I really feel like playing BRD again, nothing has scratched that itch for me since XI parties back in 2008.

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah you can even download HD texture packs that make some zones look crazy good, and I use a thing called Reshader that adds antialiasing and other effects to make the graphics stand out. What's insane is the amount of people playing on Nasomi, it feels like a thriving server with 1000 people on 24/7, and at night it peaks 2000.

When you save up enough conquest points (700 I think) you can buy an XP ring, he turns them on for a day or 2 for certain events. He is turning them on Valentine's day for that mega xp goodness