Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Looks good, but also doesn’t look like final fantasy

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Malkav

French Madman
Looks like FFXIV setting, which was the best FF in god knows how long, so I'm all in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Doesn't seem to say anything about it coming to PC, at least at release(I'm sure they'll port it after). Just that the rendering is done on a PC.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Doesn't seem to say anything about it coming to PC, at least at release(I'm sure they'll port it after). Just that the rendering is done on a PC.
It literally said "also available on PC"

• 1Salty

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Apparently Yoshida is producing. He's definitely earned the benefit of the doubt in my eyes. Also explains the ffxiv vibes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malkav

French Madman
Creative Business Unit III is Naoki Yoshida's team. So yeah, I expect great things.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
So the combat is half DMC, half Witcher now. And the setting looks like the starting area of Witcher 3. Visuals are a step back? And the characters look like Shadowbringers NPCs. I dunno, looks really uninspired so far.

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No mention of other characters, as in a party... which I fully support. A high quality single player rpg with fun action combat (battle director did DMC5). Yes please. I trust Yoshida.

• 2Like
  • 2Barf

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Looks nice, but I am completely underwhelmed. I guess the days of a non action battle system for FF are truly gone.

• 7Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 10 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sad I don’t really care about these anymore. Disappointing pseudo action games have killed my interest in this series which used to be my number 1 followed.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Final Fantasy stopped at 9 for me. This looks incredibly bland and uninspired.

• 3Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Could have told me this was a new DMC game and I would have believed you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
In 1997 there were adverts on TV of a game with graphics and an aesthetic I'd never seen. The ad was fragments of cutscenes from the game. My father also saw this TV trailer and bought a PS1 he was so impressed.

In 1999 I got a demo disc from a gaming magazine with the entire opening sequence of a game. It was incredible and still to this day the best opening movie and music of any game ever. The second demo disc had an entire mission from the game, invading a town with futuristic but modern vechicles and running from a giant mechanical spider.

In 2001 an attractive but mysterious character with giant tits and a belt dress uttered the words "We called it Sin...", with a trailer again with an art style and setting unlike anything I'd seen before.

These are incredible memories from my childhood, games I replayed constantly and own several copies of on different platforms. An amazing game every 2 years and FF9 was there too.

In 2020 we get a slightly modified FF14 engine with cringe Game of Thrones dialouge and people talking in regular in game sequences. A heavily reworked version is going to be out in 5 years minimum. Yeah. No thanks.

I know it's going to be shit because of the emphasis on summons. Summons were always side characters and bonus missions, they rarely played a major role in the game. Summons are what someone who didn't play Final Fantasy games thinks that Final Fantasy games are about.

Chocobos are similar, nobody has ridden one in main storyline since FF5, they are easter egg transport options. Nobody has cared about a crystal since FF5 either. This is dated shit spinoff games focus on (Bravely Default for example).

Then there's the Final Fantasy theme tune playing over the whole thing, I didn't even know the series had a theme until I went back to play some of the older ones. Does this game not have it's own identity?

The only way it could be worse is lazily reusing FF6 Magitec armour like FF14 and FF15 did.

I'm getting Diablo 3 vibes from this where it's basically going to take the place of an expansion for the company MMO and simultaneously tank the MMO since it'll have a content drought.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Slow

Szlia

I can sympathize with the Livejournal part, and it's true the "wow" effect was also almost nonexistent for me. I am not sure what you are smoking with the rest of the post though. Summons are the core of FFVI's story and there are chocobos in every single FF games.

FFXV was intriguing with its "buddy road trip" aspect, which was pretty original. I would say the intriguing thing with FFXVI is that it seems to be a single character RPG. It's not original in the grand scheme of things, but it would be pretty original for a Final Fantasy game.

PS : The game looks super weird and not in a good way.... characters are somewhere between mainstream anime and real dolls....

• 1Faggotry

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently Yoshida is producing. He's definitely earned the benefit of the doubt in my eyes. Also explains the ffxiv vibes.

This the only reason I have any hope for this game, TBQH.

It looks like Witcher or Souls, and (hot take) I never particularly liked either of those series. I dunno if it's me or what, but as I've gotten older, action games do nothing for me any longer.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
It just looks like such a mishmash of FF12, FF13, and FF15, with the exact same garbage battle system ripped straight from FF15.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity