Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
going to have new characters/storylines as well as classic FF characters/stuff from FF I-VI.

FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS Global Official Site | SQUARE ENIX
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius - Final Fantasy Wiki - Wikia
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius Archives - Siliconera
On Mobile
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius To Land On US Android And iOS Devices : Culture : Tech Times

Brave Exvius is designed as a turn-based role-playing game, using elements from the Final Fantasy series with those of Brave Frontier. Similar to Brave Frontier, the battle system consists of a simplified interface where players can command their characters to attack by touching the character's corresponding attack button, and special attacks or items can be used by swiping the button and choosing the desired command. Players advance through a series of stages until they encounter and defeat the end boss, all while gaining experience points, crafting materials and money.

The game also uses elements from the Final Fantasy series such as magic spells, character-specific limit breaks, and summon monsters. As part of the game's gacha system, players can summon characters from other Final Fantasy titles, which players can use to build a party of five units. Characters are presented in a pixel art style.[3] Also new to the game compared to Brave Frontier is the ability to explore through towns through touch control in a classic RPG style, which allows the player to talk to people and interact with them, which sometimes gives the player certain tasks to complete. Also after completing one dungeon, they can also wander through dungeons which also allows them to obtain more items and complete certain tasks.
Download the beta here:FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS APK Download - Free Role Playing GAME for Android | APKPure.com

EDIT: Added via user request: Let's Talk NOX Macros • /r/FFBraveExvius

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Played this on and off throughout the day.

Seems pretty good at first glance. Very close battle wise to Brave Frontier, with the same type of spark system and combo system. Couple more options with characters having access to multiple spells and not just their Limit Break / Brave Burst, so it has some Record Keeper elements to it in that.

Like the blurb mentions above there is a sort of free roam component also which is unique'ish. Random map encounters, chests to find, villages to walk around and collect quests. The menu system is still in place to quick travel between stuff you want to do in towns. And you have quick access to the level up / fuse menu stuff without being forced to go back to a town and talk to a trainer or anything.

I'm still pretty low level and don't have any great units but will probably put some time in it the next few weeks.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I enjoy these type of games, will be checking this out. The news links make it sound like the game isn't out yet? Are you playing on the japanese servers or something Intrinsic? I signed up for the pre-release gift stuff. Would be nice to get in on the ground floor of one of these games instead of always playing catchup.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Started this up, it's fun so far. Got Terra from FF6 from my first summon. Anyone have a link to a decent starter guide?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_134280.jpg

Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to that chest lol.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Been playing this all week. It hasn't been officially released yet but you can get it on android through the link above or on swedish apple appstore, apparently it's a sort of beta test and accounts won't be wiped.

Here are some tips:

Characters
Characters have a star rating, more stars means a higher level cap which means more stats and ability unlocks. Awakening them resets their level but they keep abilities and some stats. Rolling new characters isn't that bad (you get a good few attempts), awakening them is tedious as hell material farming though.

Ignore Brave Exvius characters, they seem weak and max out at 3*. The two you start with can upgrade to 4* but are weird melee/spell hybrids. Keep them for later though.

Use your Lapis to summon Final Fantasy Characters until you have 5 including one healer. Side characters start at 3* and can upgrade to 4*, Main characters and villians start at 4* and can upgrade to 5*. You can be lucky and roll one already upgraded. I got 3* Rydia, Edgar, Maria and Cyan with 4* Vivi. I'm in the process of farming materials to awaken them all to 4*.

Eventually these characters get further awakening upgrades, Japan just got 6* unlocked for the two default units. You can also farm with each character to max out their "trust" for a free ability, this mechanic is for whales for now though. Combining two identical characters gives +5% trust.

AoE spells are really useful, your mages will unlock them in the 20s (Cura/Fira etc). Paralyse and Poison/Bio are useful for a superboss currently in game.

Items
Look for hidden earth keys, one give a Capella gun which is decently powerful. You can google which one and it's location and prequest.

A superboss in the farplane has a Murasame katana which is really powerful. I haven't beaten it yet but it's doable with levels, poison and paralyse.

Use the shops, there is a limited gear selection and it's all in the few shops.

Ifrit is a hidden boss/esper, talk to everyone in the final town (the Port) to unlock his dungeon. Espers are limit breaks who give the junctioned character like 5% of their stats.

Daily Grind
Do the Colosseum once an hour, can store 3 hours worth.

Do vortex for quick farming ~once an hour, you can choose exp/esper upgrade/awakening upgrade/gil. You'll want to do the exp one first, then awakening when you level cap out.

Friend everyone and gift them (it's free) and set your gift preference to friend points, friend points give free shitty 1-3* summons.

Overkilling gives a chance at a bonus drop, high trust also gives a chance at a bonus drop.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
I gave this a try this morning and liked it, I wish the Brave Frontier character sprites could get an overhaul to look like these :p My problem is I only really have time for one mobile game and I just recently got into Brave Frontier. Seems like a shame to abandon it for a new one but the pull of Final Fantasy is strong. Like mentioned above though, there is a definite appeal of getting in on the ground floor of something for a change.

I bought their 4 dollar beginner bundle thing and rolled a few times and I guess this game knows how much I enjoyed FF12 because of the three summons I did I got Fran, Vaan, and Penelo.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The awesome sprites are the only reason I'm playing this, FFRK is far better but I'll give this a go just so I can see Rydia whip monsters to death.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Giving this a go too. Music is nice, we'll see how it goes... having 3 mobile games ongoing is way time consuming.

Add me if you have space: 701,426,051

yimmien

Molten Core Raider

I hope Rydia doesnt suck because that is who I am keeping from my first few rerolls.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to that chest lol.
For that chest:
on the east path from that fork, when you're walking underneath the leaves heading to the area boss, hug the left wall, you can walk through it and it leads through a hidden path to that chest. has one of those quartz stone things in it (for me at least, unsure if contents are random)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Only thing I'm not loving is for this early content you can't really sustain much constant playing. The exp : sta ratio isn't quite high enough to grind out a few stages in a row without taking a break. Some of the more recent mobile games seem to have a done a better job addressing this.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Went through the story up to Ifrit, which seems to be where we're roadblocked until the beta ends and game releases officially. Still need to beat that white dragon boss, but I have no chance whatsoever until I level my team a lot more, he wipes me in two rounds (level ~30'ish team currently).

Decided to do 2 more summons just to get a full roster of 5 real units. Got Fran and Russel, neither of which can go to 5*, but they will do for now. I'm really liking Terra at least. She does it all, white magic for healing / curing the team, black magic for aoe nukes, a huge mp pool, and she can equip guns for respectable auto-attack dps.

Suppose there's not too much to do until release. Just farm colloseum and stockpile crafting and evolution materials.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
so far nothing but 3* units, but the fanboy in me is happy with them -- Rydia, Kain, Galuf, Cyan, and Edgar.

really need a healer tho.