Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster Series

Siliconemelons

Don’t care what thread it is, FF8 is the worst, garbage level vomit- the real reason people say to take the FF8 talk to another random thread is just to attempt to get that stupid game out of anywhere normal humans traffic and sequester it- in hopes it dies off.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
To be fair, quite a lot of people's favorite FF is simply the first one they ever played, for obvious reasons. Unless you're super old fucks like most of us who go back to the original on the NES, which none of us are actually going to pick, of course.

At the moment FF1 is probably my favorite but my top slot is never static. My last run through FF6 I tried to be cute and do it low level until the better esper bonuses are available and it was went poorly enough that it soured me on a game I loved. That's not FF6's fault. It's my fault. That's also a game that I've really checked all the boxes for and on more than one occasion so picking it up at all was probably a mistake. FFT is in that same category. You can only take Cloud to 99 so many times.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Don’t care what thread it is, FF8 is the worst, garbage level vomit- the real reason people say to take the FF8 talk to another random thread is just to attempt to get that stupid game out of anywhere normal humans traffic and sequester it- in hopes it dies off.

Bruh just play more cards. Are you playing cards? Than you're winning. Are you doing any traditional JRPG things other than crushing on your waifu? Than you're losing.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, quite a lot of people's favorite FF is simply the first one they ever played, for obvious reasons. Unless you're super old fucks like most of us who go back to the original on the NES, which none of us are actually going to pick, of course.

Yeah, that's true of quite a few serieses. I know people who are Zelda fans and swear Zelda 2 is their favorite in the series, yet I'd probably say it's my least-favorite of the ones on consoles. Course, it was the first Zelda for those people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
FF8 sucks

Zelda 2 and Castlevania 2 are awesome
Kobe Bryant What GIF

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
FF6 > FF10 > FF7 > FF12 > FF1 > FF4 > FF9 > FF5 > FF8 > FF16 > FF3 > FF13 > FF15 > FF2

DQ11 > DQ8 > DQ5 > DQ4 > DQ9 > DQ3 > DQ1 > DQ6 > DQ2 > DQ7

Phantasy Star 4 > Phantasy Star 1 > Phantasy Star 2 > Phantasy Star Gaiden > Phantasy Star Text Adventure >>>>> Phantasy Star 3

Come at me bro

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As long as you have FF6 or FF4 in first place I really don't care what other retarded bullshit you post. Although the fact that you can actually rank all of the DQs and Phantasy Stars makes me want to give you a swirlie, but since you correctly placed Phantasy Star IV in first place I suppose you're exempt from that too.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
As long as you have FF6 or FF4 in first place I really don't care what other retarded bullshit you post. Although the fact that you can actually rank all of the DQs and Phantasy Stars makes me want to give you a swirlie, but since you correctly placed Phantasy Star IV in first place I suppose you're exempt from that too.

I think Rajaah being worthy of a swirlie is probably something we could all agree on. Maybe even Rajaah.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
FF2 on the GBA was a nice remake, though.

Yeah FF2 Dawn of Souls was a pretty swell game. I think I played it back in 2004 or so. The FF2 postgame was great because it brought back all the playable characters who died during the story (with the same stats they'd had when they died) and that was your group. Then they go through Hell and fight the final boss down there where he's of course even stronger than the one the main party fights during the story.

FF1 Dawn of Souls was even better because instead of one big postgame dungeon, it had four new dungeons spread throughout the game and some of them could be done midway through the main story. I think two were postgame-difficulty, one was lategame, one was midgame. Something like that. You could get really good gear in these places so in a way they could trivialize the main game. Most importantly the dungeons were really inspired and brought back a bunch of boss fights from FF3 through 6. Each dungeon represented a different game.

I played all of the DQs and PSes. Didn't beat all of them but I played them. Phantasy Star 4 is a pretty incredible game and I don't think enough people know about it. Rarely seems to come up in RPG discussion much less in the same boat as FF and DQ. I consider PS to be the third of the "big 3" RPG series of the 80's and 90's but it's easily the most unsung.

Majority of all three series are good, but the worst games get very bad. You couldn't pay me to play FF2 NES and Phantasy Star 3 back to back. DQ7 isn't as bad as those, it's just super long and mediocre.

Siliconemelons

Yeah FF2 Dawn of Souls was a pretty swell game. I think I played it back in 2004 or so. The FF2 postgame was great because it brought back all the playable characters who died during the story (with the same stats they'd had when they died) and that was your group. Then they go through Hell and fight the final boss down there where he's of course even stronger than the one the main party fights during the story.

FF1 Dawn of Souls was even better because instead of one big postgame dungeon, it had four new dungeons spread throughout the game and some of them could be done midway through the main story. I think two were postgame-difficulty, one was lategame, one was midgame. Something like that. You could get really good gear in these places so in a way they could trivialize the main game. Most importantly the dungeons were really inspired and brought back a bunch of boss fights from FF3 through 6. Each dungeon represented a different game.

I played all of the DQs and PSes. Didn't beat all of them but I played them. Phantasy Star 4 is a pretty incredible game and I don't think enough people know about it. Rarely seems to come up in RPG discussion much less in the same boat as FF and DQ. I consider PS to be the third of the "big 3" RPG series of the 80's and 90's but it's easily the most unsung.

Majority of all three series are good, but the worst games get very bad. You couldn't pay me to play FF2 NES and Phantasy Star 3 back to back. DQ7 isn't as bad as those, it's just super long and mediocre.

How they did DoS in FF1 was how it should have been done - and was a thing they wanted to do with all games - the idea was that the DoS universe was kinda like the Dissida universe that linked all the FF games together - so it was going to be a thing where each FF game got to fight in the DoS universe to be some new overarching interlinked game story idea... but they got lazy with 2 made it just a end game thing...then it kinda just stopped. Edit: and the pixle remasters they were lazy again by not having DoS, or finishing the DoS project while re-releasing 1-6

I stop all my FF game rankings at X... OG2 and Pixle2 are not as bad as people generally diss it for... heck the reasons people diss it is because of the battle system, much like 8- but here we go with 5 pages of how THE BATTLE SYSTEM OF 8 IS AWESOME IF YOU JUST... dont play it as an rpg.... FF2 is not that low. FF2 is an early and one of the few games that attempts to do the "no leveling" thing that "everyone wants in the next RPG!" but really...no one does.

I like 2 because of how I see the series in its evolution of ideas... 2 is proto 4 that leads to 6(Fixed type of classes per character, character driven story, big empire, rebellion etc.), 1 is proto 3 that leads to 5 (class based combat, multi "worlds"). 8 is a proto 9 that leads to 10 (they are all 3, love story based) -- 7 is very transitional between the classic FF games that came before it, leading to the "modern FF" games that came after

FF2 has excuses of limitations of the system, of the development etc. 8 has no such things. I give FF8 the cool mixing of real time 3d assets with movie CGI backgrounds etc.

Chris

Potato del Grande
here we go with 5 pages of how THE BATTLE SYSTEM OF 8 IS AWESOME IF YOU JUST... dont play it as an rpg....
FF8 battle system is awesome if you don't autistically draw 100 of any spell you discover immediately.

You ask people who hate the game what they did, and it's always some degenerate bullshit grind they don't enjoy.

Don't grind Draw, don't grind Cards, don't grind No Encounter, don't do a low level playthrough, stop being a retard. You know, things you don't do in other RPGs.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
FF8 battle system is awesome if you don't autistically draw 100 of any spell you discover immediately.

You ask people who hate the game what they did, and it's always some degenerate bullshit grind they don't enjoy.

Don't grind Draw, don't grind Cards, don't grind No Encounter, don't do a low level playthrough, stop being a retard. You know, things you don't do in other RPGs.

Doing all of that is a good way to get totally F'd by the endgame of FF8 when you're level 70 and not junctioned correctly. Like I did in 1999.

TBH the game would have been fine and not needed any of that micromanagement if they got rid of the level-scaling and made enemy growth more normal.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Doing all of that is a good way to get totally F'd by the endgame of FF8 when you're level 70 and not junctioned correctly. Like I did in 1999.

TBH the game would have been fine and not needed any of that micromanagement if they got rid of the level-scaling and made enemy growth more normal.
Learning how to junction by the final dungeon and drawing 100 Fire spells from Bite Bugs 10 minutes in are not the same thing.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was slightly exaggerating when I said I stopped to draw 100 of everything. I just think the draw system is stupid. I don’t want to have to draw for spells and I don’t want to have to replenish them after casting. I also don’t want fights to be more challenging because I leveled….you know, the thing you are supposed to do and can’t avoid by playing. The mechanics are just bad.

i don’t dislike the idea of junctioning the GF and using that for status/defense/offensive things, that kind of neat. But the acquisition method of spells, needed for everything is just fucking stupid. Draw, play cards, or refine shit.….how fun.

• 1Like