Final Fantasy VII Remake

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was around 90 hours and that's about when I start losing interest in a game. I'd made it to the final land area (Nibel) and for whatever reason was having a hard time finding the damn Chocobo. Look at a spoiler and of course it's obvious now. Not really feeling the land masses on this game. Anyhow , 8 tries to get that motherfucking blue cocksucking shit bird across the cactus and I deleted the game off my PS5 and deleted the saves. Not sure who @ Square thought that was 'fun'. I'll try again when the PC version comes out , and I think that's the last PS5 game I'm buying as well.

Now I can try gaming on the new PC I built at the end of February. Bought Armored Core 6 on Steam Sale, I'll get my teeth kicked out on that.

Kind of ironic, because Nibel area is the quickest/most fun imo b/c the choco ability is so OP (once you get it).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was around 90 hours and that's about when I start losing interest in a game.

20240413_231938.jpg

20240413_231950.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
yeah but that's different. I never felt like I was forcing myself to play ER, even when I was getting my shit pushed in by , well everything.

FF7 Rebirth is really really really good in places. And really really really fucking annoying in others. Last June taught me that Life is Short (tm) and if I find myself forcing myself to play a game, it's outta here! When it comes to PC I'm sure some nice modder will release a mod to auto win all them stupid ass games.

Plus I built a new 7800x3d / 32gb / 7900xtx PC at the end of February and I've been playing the PS5 since. Time to stress this bad boy. I was going to start with AC6 but my damn elite 2 controller crapped out on me. Got a Gulikit KingKong 2 KK3 coming Monday so that's a pause.

So what game am I going to play to show the true performance of my new gaming rig? You got it, 1997's seminal hit 'Fallout' !

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
yeah but that's different. I never felt like I was forcing myself to play ER, even when I was getting my shit pushed in by , well everything.

FF7 Rebirth is really really really good in places. And really really really fucking annoying in others. Last June taught me that Life is Short (tm) and if I find myself forcing myself to play a game, it's outta here! When it comes to PC I'm sure some nice modder will release a mod to auto win all them stupid ass games.

Plus I built a new 7800x3d / 32gb / 7900xtx PC at the end of February and I've been playing the PS5 since. Time to stress this bad boy. I was going to start with AC6 but my damn elite 2 controller crapped out on me. Got a Gulikit KingKong 2 KK3 coming Monday so that's a pause.

So what game am I going to play to show the true performance of my new gaming rig? You got it, 1997's seminal hit 'Fallout' !

Maybe it's time for me to finally run Fallout 2. My efforts to get back in the CRPG saddle with Neverwinter Nights fell flat, so maybe I should just let that one go and move on to something else like FO2.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was around 90 hours and that's about when I start losing interest in a game. I'd made it to the final land area (Nibel) and for whatever reason was having a hard time finding the damn Chocobo. Look at a spoiler and of course it's obvious now. Not really feeling the land masses on this game. Anyhow , 8 tries to get that motherfucking blue cocksucking shit bird across the cactus and I deleted the game off my PS5 and deleted the saves. Not sure who @ Square thought that was 'fun'. I'll try again when the PC version comes out , and I think that's the last PS5 game I'm buying as well.

Now I can try gaming on the new PC I built at the end of February. Bought Armored Core 6 on Steam Sale, I'll get my teeth kicked out on that.
Get gud. The minigame has checkpoints even.

The best thing is that it's totally optional, you could have walked past it.

• 1Picard

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished this, what an absolutely awesome game.
Yuffie MVP by far, she is so good that any fight in which I couldn't use her actually felt really bad. Case in point was the final boss where I cruised through the first 5 phases easily then I had to replay the last phase ~5 times. I had a terrible materia set up for Aerith and was actually thinking of replaying the whole act so I could fix that, but I did finally beat it even without any elemental capability on her. Thank goodness I had learned the limit level up synergy so I could have the lv3 limit ready for the end of the fight or I don't think I'd have been able to do it.

That slow walk through the fog towards the city of the ancients I just had that sick feeling in my stomach because I knew/assumed what was coming.

Time to start working through hardmode and see how close to plat I can get before I give up because of some of the bullshit minigames.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So i finally started to play this and while its great there are a bunch of changes i hate. I am just on chapter 7 now and for some reason the desire to continue has waned quite a bit. I've started skipping cutscenes and spamming o to speed up conversations. No to mention the story isnt even complete at the end and they will do another wipe/reset at the start of the next game to relearn your skills all over again. I think i will wait till 3 is out and on PC before playing the next FF7:ReHash in 2028?

Great game in most cases but the game is stronger than the PS5 and not releasing on other platforms and saying its not selling well is rather idiotic.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That slow walk through the fog towards the city of the ancients I just had that sick feeling in my stomach because I knew/assumed what was coming.

Yeah, me too. Was kind of blown away that a videogame could evoke such a feeling of grim inevitability.

Then the final dungeon went on for like 5 hours and kinda took the momentum out of its sails a bit. Actually the #1 peeve I have about this game is how the dungeons go on so damn long. Some of them reach ridiculous proportions.