Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

khorum

Murder Apologist
True story. Dunno if anyone remembers an old EQ player named Azian from FoH guild. He was a wood elf rogue. This was waaaaay back in early EQ days when rubicite was the shit. Anyhow I had a friend who use to play a female dark elf shadow knight and he got so much free shit from Azian like a full suit of rubicite gear cause he thought he was a female in real life.

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Malkav

French Madman
Finished the last role quest I needed this morning and did the quest you get when you've done all 4.

It was interesting. Definitely a big reveal as to what happened in the past with the First Warriors of Light.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Has anyone leveled Trusts to 80 and done the final dungeon or happened to have done it first time around?

I am curious if the Materia drops are reduced or if they all get funneled to you. May not be a bad initial grind investment if they all drop still.

Cybsled

I tried to run the level 80 dungeon during the MSQ with a trust and my healers kept dying on the 1st boss lol

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I haven't used ACT since eq2 raiding days, I installed it and the ff14 plugin, but I'm not seeing a parse. I seem to remember there is one other step you need to do on initial setup or what am I doing wrong?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I did the 80 dungeon with trusts but honestly can't remember anything about loot. My trusts are 1dungeon away from 80 so I'll tell you in a couple of hours if you don't find an answer. I assume droprates are massively reduced however.

So I haven't used ACT since eq2 raiding days, I installed it and the ff14 plugin, but I'm not seeing a parse. I seem to remember there is one other step you need to do on initial setup or what am I doing wrong?

Generally the main issue would be, launch it in admin mode. It doesn't pick up shit otherwise. Other than that it should work right out of the gate with the plugin(make sure the plugin is activated in the plugin shit, sometimes it turns it off when it updates for whatever reason). You can also look into getting a nice looking damage meter rather than the shitty base one once it works. I use Kagerou, it's simple to setup and looks nice enough, and has a split encounter button for dungeon parsing. If you google it you'll find a guide but shit's super easy to install too and has its own setup stuff, just need to download another pluging(overlay plugin, not the base one).

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think we were all a bunch of assholes in the ARR launch time frame. I don’t remember a bunch of manginas, but I specifically remember a couple undesirables here that influenced us all into crashing a RP “play” in Gridania amphitheater. The videos are sure to be found back on our old old website. Was so f’n hilarious 😂

khorum

Murder Apologist

I had to run it through winpcap, but it should work fine if you make a firewall exception for ACT for inbound and outbound. Also make sure you set the ingame log settings so that you receive all the damage spam from relevant parties:

If your "test game connection" is returning "failed: no game traffic in the last 5 seconds" make sure you have the same IP selected in the dropdown that the game is using in case you have multiple adapters.

Flight

Molten Core Raider

Spotted the following ACT overlay which includes links to install guides on Reddit the other day. Not done it yet but it may be some help :

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On the trust question from earlier, you do get materias from the chests(like the 1st chest after 1st boss), but you don't get them as random drops, or I was super unlucky. So not worth it for materias pretty much although I guess if you bot it you could get like 6 an hour or something.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Worked for me when I put an exception for it in Windows firewall.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Worked for me when I put an exception for it in Windows firewall.

This. FFXIV plugin parses from network data, not a log file, so it needs an exception in Windows Firewall.

Alternatively, you can tell the plugin to parse from your memory, but it's pretty inaccurate.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
What's the deal with GNB not having a animation lock when doing their charge move and paladin and dark knights (not sure about wars) having one. Its a bug or intentional?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Anyone know if there's an ACT plugin for ffxivmb.com? They have a standalone app so I expect they'd want to capture users through there instead of integrating with ACT but maybe there's one out there that I'm unaware of. The site crowdsources MB pricing:

FFXIV MarketBoard - FFXIVMarket

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This weekend, I made 79 as a Red Mage, and just made it to the last zone. Still enjoying the story a lot. I like most dungeons so far too.

On the crafting side of things, I went from 71 to 80 on Leatherworker, and got all white scrip pieces. I also went from 72 to 78 on the Blacksmith.

Since this weekend allowed me to access all zones, I was able to craft some stuff I had on hold since I couldn't gather the materials, and I hate buying stuff. So I was able to craft all accessories and belt for gatherer and crafter. Aside from some offhand, my gatherers and crafters are excellently geared, and in most case look really good in their respective outfits. :)

Started farming yellow scrip for the gatherer's tome, damn those are expensive.

I having such a blast with all aspect of the game, and still so many things to do. :)

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finished the extremes and totem farming, now I almost feel sad lol. Wish I could wipe my memory and do the story quests again.

When is savage hitting? Debating whether to level ast or whm up next, trying to predict whether the nerf stick will hit soon or not

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Savage patch 5.05 is in 8 days. Class adjustments, Master 7 craft books, crafted i450 gear, 2nd tome i460 gear will be in that patch.