Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I'm having a blast with RDM.. I'm likely going to level up Gunblade for a tank next.. It's a nice time diversion when I'm not flying..

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I hated lvling RDM but ymmv, it's just so similar to 4.x and I didn't like that either. My sub is running out and won't be renewing for now, so I'm not done with lvling, WHM/MCH/BRD/NIN left, I'm keeping NIN for the rework anyway, and I wanted some classes to do beast tribes leveling with without wasting the xp so it's fine. Overall I'd say my old favorites are still my favorites. I like the new MNK and BLM for DPS which have been my go to since ARR, SCH is still my favorite healer and that was my original main and PLD is still my favorite tank which again is what I played back in ARR, so not much has changed, they're all still solid classes. I didn't care much for most other classes but DRG was pretty nice, I'm really liking the MCH rework, DNC is alright but feels a bit meh depending on RNG so while I leveled this first I haven't played it that much once capped. GNB was really nice however, better than DRK/WAR imo.

Usually take a break until x.4 or so but with BLU getting an update in 5.1 I might resub for that, I'd hate trying to do BLU stuff when it's not new, after a few weeks no one runs shit anymore and it fucking sucks, unless they make learning primal skills less retarded, that'd work too.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I hated lvling RDM but ymmv, it's just so similar to 4.x and I didn't like that either. My sub is running out and won't be renewing for now, so I'm not done with lvling, WHM/MCH/BRD/NIN left, I'm keeping NIN for the rework anyway, and I wanted some classes to do beast tribes leveling with without wasting the xp so it's fine. Overall I'd say my old favorites are still my favorites. I like the new MNK and BLM for DPS which have been my go to since ARR, SCH is still my favorite healer and that was my original main and PLD is still my favorite tank which again is what I played back in ARR, so not much has changed, they're all still solid classes. I didn't care much for most other classes but DRG was pretty nice, I'm really liking the MCH rework, DNC is alright but feels a bit meh depending on RNG so while I leveled this first I haven't played it that much once capped. GNB was really nice however, better than DRK/WAR imo.

Usually take a break until x.4 or so but with BLU getting an update in 5.1 I might resub for that, I'd hate trying to do BLU stuff when it's not new, after a few weeks no one runs shit anymore and it fucking sucks, unless they make learning primal skills less retarded, that'd work too.
Yeah I'm taking a break too and during that time I have a shit ton of PS4 games to beat. I have games like God of War 4, Dragon Quest XI, Red Dead Redemption and The Witcher to name a few that needs to be completed.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The typical lull between patches for most, although this time I'll actually stick around. I'm sure most of the couldn't ever beat it back in the day WoW peeps will try out Classic. Will see how FFxiv manages to hold my attention through until 5.1.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well I blew up my static because it wasn't really working out and then I was immediately bored. Pretty good game, maybe I'll be back. Trying to decide my next move. Definitely not classic

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I have plenty of stuff to do for now.

Pray teleport. It's a good thing I get 1200 gil per quest because Im using it in teleport fees right now.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I still have plenty to also, basically taking it easy too since there zero other options out there. :)

I re-subbed about 3 months before Shadowbringers, and we're a month and half into it. I think this is the longest I've been subbed to a MMO since Mist of Panderia which was around 9 months.

I did reduce the amount of time I play though since 2-2-2 hit PTR on Overwatch, I'm playing that a bit everyday too.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Finished up titan, chilling some except reclears / maybe some crafting and FATEs/roulettes now. Tier was pretty fun imo - on the easier side but enjoyable bosses. Pretty happy with the game and not planning to unsub, but I'll probably play like 6h a week instead of like 12-24h a week.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I was level locked out of the next part in the MSQ in Heavensward, so I did a dungeon last night to get the last little bit of experience I needed to hit 57. Now I can continue the MSQ again. Pretty fun stuff honestly, but I do find myself feeling a little bit overwhelmed at times with the sheer amount of things open to me to do right now. There's just so much to this game. I have to choose something and just focus on it.

• 1Like

Malakriss

For everyone playing catchup or blitzing up brand new I would simply advise that the meat of an expansion does take place through 5.1-5.4 on the patch cycle. 5.0's big draw is the story for the new xpac but once we start getting the big crafter patches (5.1 ishgard restoration), the next deep dungeon, the next Eureka/Diadem, relics, more EX primals, ultimate fight or 2, that's when the busy group play happens.

But like every game these days finding a static group of players is far better than PUGing on PF. You will rage out like Noodle at the sheer incompetence of the masses if you give them the opportunity.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
We spent too much time on E2s but E3s is a breath of fresh air, we should be on Titan Sunday.

And regards to Statics, you can do E1 easily in PF now and in 2 weeks when everyone has 460 weapons you can do E2 easily since it's just a DPS check.

Noodleface Noodleface have you used the balance discord static finder? I'd suggest not trying to "guild lead" this game as you are still very new, I'd try and join up with some more experienced people to help you learn.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
For some reason I don't really have some huge desire to do savage content like I used to with mythic raids and shit in WoW. Think I'm getting old. I still need to do Tit/Inno Exes but just haven't been motivated to. So much other shit in game I've been enjoying. Hell, past week I've just been leveling crafters/gatherers while just capping tomes on the DRG. I'll probably take a small break and fuck around in classic WoW for a month or so then come back. This game is great for casual me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Extract from my FC from a few minutes ago:

"Yo X where are you we're waiting for you it's 15mins past raid start"
"I thought you wanted me on MNK and my MNK is only 76"
"No we said last week you can come on DNC and you agreed too"
"Too late roulette queue just popped, I'll be there in 20mins"
"Wtf are you serious we're all waiting for you, you're going to get kicked"
"Oops sorry I'm gonna miss them raids xd".
Then ~5mins later "It's ok we'll wait for you".

Like what the fuck. Who behaves like that, worst of all in a FC static not like random retards from another server you'll never see again. And these fucks let the guy walk all over them too. Some of these guys are FC officers or whatever, I would have kicked the guy from the FC like what kind of asshole queues for a roulette when people literally just told you they're waiting for you. So yeah statics/raiding just sucks in general, cause people suck. Can be fun sometimes with a decent grp but meh.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well for me we had a healer doing 0 dps that was lashing out at people and then our 8th spot was rotating every week to new people. After three weeks I couldn't take it

Cybsled

Embrace the casual. I have 0 desire to do any savage/extreme content that isn't over leveled lol (ie, I'm a level 80 doing a level 60 savage lol)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I love static raiding it's harder than most other MMO content I've played.

That being said I don't try and go super hardcore but "midcore" I guess

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
XIV is built around breaks in my opinion, it's really nice to come back 18 months later and have an expansions worth of content to do.

Saying that I'm still enjoying playing it right now and I want to at least get a few more jobs to 80.

Daidraco

Honestly, that raid leading shit is not a one person job. Ive had my hand at leading a guild several times over the years as with raid groups, but it's always been based around a core group of friends. When in Legion, it was the same way. I organized it, filled the slots the best I could and made sure that the strategies (if they were known, that is) be well known for raid mbmers. If someone didnt have a grasp of the strategy, and it was evident, then it was handled on an individual basis. I was very aware of someone not following a strategy in Noodles group when we joined up with them at times. Though, I dont recall Noodle directly doing it. Some people were just assholes in his group with raid chat / voice chat that everyone could hear (which is funny, because plenty of his raid group called people in my raid group assholes just for implementing an ilvl requirement, ha!) Booze is and was more than well equipped to handle any drama that popped up. Cupcake, as we all know, is more than capable of being the social butterfly politician. From there, we had a few solid DPS that were more than capable, like X. My dps was good, but by all means.. I know I was carried at points.

TL;DR, If none of you guys have reached out to other players and made friends with them - then I clearly understand why you would unsub after you have finished the story. That which FFXIV is known for. But this is the first time Ive ever played an MMO and have not grouped with a single person from here, which is sad in my opinion. But the fault really lies with me for not even trying, myself.

As for the state of the game? It's a great game, especially after getting past the old content when Square was struggling with trying to reinvent the game. If you're looking to get back into it, or start it, then dive in and forget your WoW mentality because it doesnt really apply here.

Yeah I'm taking a break too and during that time I have a shit ton of PS4 games to beat. I have games like God of War 4, Dragon Quest XI, Red Dead Redemption and The Witcher to name a few that needs to be completed.

I'll be sad that Im bored with FFXIV, but I have Red Dead 2 waiting on me as well. Started it up, but know I wont invest myself until I'm bored with this.

I was level locked out of the next part in the MSQ in Heavensward, so I did a dungeon last night to get the last little bit of experience I needed to hit 57. Now I can continue the MSQ again. Pretty fun stuff honestly, but I do find myself feeling a little bit overwhelmed at times with the sheer amount of things open to me to do right now. There's just so much to this game. I have to choose something and just focus on it.

I am amazed that you are even close to your MSQ level requirement. Im a bit ahead of you, but between food, rested exp, and items - I just dont know how you are not. Ive constantly been at least 5-7 levels above the MSQ and Im probably ~100 quests within Shadowbringers start. It could be related to the fact that Ive put everything off till I have completed the MSQ with one class, but still.. I cant imagine how you arent at least a few levels ahead.

• 1Solidarity