Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
I look at companies like Square who patrol their MMORPGs as if they actually give a damn, and I wonder why in the hell other companies don't do the same.

Time Period: Aug. 8, 2019 to Aug. 14, 2019

・Participation in RMT/prohibited activities
 ・Accounts terminated: 9,045
 ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 19
・Botting activity (Using any number of third party tools that allow for automation)
 ・Accounts terminated: 4
 ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 17
・RMT advertising
 ・Accounts terminated: 1,743
Time Period: Aug. 1, 2019 to Aug. 7, 2019

・Accounts terminated: 4,255
 ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 21
・Botting activity (Using any number of third party tools that allow for automation)
 ・Accounts terminated: 5
 ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 25
・RMT advertising
 ・Accounts terminated: 260
Time Period: Jul. 25, 2019 to Jul. 31, 2019

・Accounts terminated: 9,626
 ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 19
 ・Accounts terminated: 3
 ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 25
・RMT advertising
 ・Accounts terminated: 782
Time Period: Jul. 18, 2019 to Jul. 24, 2019

・Accounts terminated: 6,906
 ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 46
 ・Accounts terminated: 7
 ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 27
・RMT advertising
 ・Accounts terminated: 456

They do this twice a month, and they post it to be seen on their news feed. You're lucky if you see a ban once a year for other MMORPGs.

To me, this is what it means to give a shit about your game and it's community.

They don't actually give a fuck, there's a guy that's been using a bot to craft/undercut marketplace on Leviathan for 1.5 years now - still unbanned despite multiple reports to special task force etc. (This guy for sure bots, you can watch his diff characters login/out at 20m intervals with no downtime etc). On a more personal note an associate of mine has been using miqobot since mid shb, levels all his stuff with it, gathers with it, can see extra stuff in potd etc - still no ban or warning.

E: also know a couple of guys that buy Gil, they've at least never mentioned any warning and are quite open about it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If it's an actual player that does raiding / crafting and is not RMT they 99% won't do jack shit. Automated gathering, botting to level classes in dungeons, even had one back in stormblood that would go around instant pulling S hunts (it used timers from ariyala or something). As long as they expect to keep getting subscription money out of them they won't be touched.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
If it's an actual player that does raiding / crafting and is not RMT they 99% won't do jack shit. Automated gathering, botting to level classes in dungeons, even had one back in stormblood that would go around instant pulling S hunts (it used timers from ariyala or something). As long as they expect to keep getting subscription money out of them they won't be touched.

False,

Our BLM static mate just caught a 10 day for using the bot he didn't RMT and just used it to craft/level jobs in dungeons with trusts.

First time being popped with a 10 day next time is a perma.

Malakriss

False,

Our BLM static mate just caught a 10 day for using the bot he didn't RMT and just used it to craft/level jobs in dungeons with trusts.

First time being popped with a 10 day next time is a perma.
Ask 'em if he was putting the minions up for sale the same as all the 100% bots. That's probably what F-ed him.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ask 'em if he was putting the minions up for sale the same as all the 100% bots. That's probably what F-ed him.
I doubt that's that, probably just reports and not answering GM questions. The guy you say has been botting for over a year probably is still near his PC most of the time and can answer questions. They wouldn't ban just because you're selling a bunch of minions, what if you got them doing trusts normally or from buying them on another server for cheaper or whatever.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I was well on my way to make my first airship after 2 days of gathering and making all the sub-combines, only to run out of crystals/shards. I never pay attention to those when I plan my crafting.

I planted 8 in my garden and 8 in my FC garden, so should have 1600 tonight, so it's not too bad. I'll spend a few days planting others too that I just realized were very low.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I was well on my way to make my first airship after 2 days of gathering and making all the sub-combines, only to run out of crystals/shards. I never pay attention to those when I plan my crafting.

I planted 8 in my garden and 8 in my FC garden, so should have 1600 tonight, so it's not too bad. I'll spend a few days planting others too that I just realized were very low.
That shit sneaks up on you doesn't it lol. I was like wtf when I first ran out during leveling my weaving.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finally finished crafting all the sub-combines necessary for the Airship. It's a lot of stuff to craft by just 1 person. I used Quick Synthesis for everything, but that still took time.

So I go to the guild workshop and start the process, and I hit my first issue. Turns in for the material are done in stack of 6, but if you're familiar with some of FF14 limitations, that means either 6 regular, or 6 HQ items, 4 regular and 2 HQ can't be turned in together. I start to vent on Teamspeak to my friend who reminds me that you can lower the quality of items to my great relief, I had totally forgotten.

Then after I did the stage 1 for the first item, I get to stage 2 and hit the second issue, you need to be in a group of 4 to be able to submit items. My FC is just me and my friend, so that sorta put a damper on things.

Being the anti-social people we are, going to town and asking random people to join our group so we can craft isn't our way. We create free trial accounts, so we can make our own group, which is where we hit the 3rd issue, everyone in the group need to be a disciple of the hand. So we go to the city to learn crafting on our brand new level 1 alts. Issue #4, we need to be level 10 to learn crafting. And off we go to level those useless alts to 10 and learn to crft.

We have an Airship now, and it's on its first mission. :)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I have hit a content wall with crafting. I can only progress by leveling everything to 70 or hitting the MB. I am seriously sick of the ixals at this point, and would love nothing more than to burn that entire area to ashes, piss on them, and burn it all again for good measure. The problem is that every job has way too many goddamn subcombines and crap needed from every other class to do anything. I can sit on my ass grinding current level basic ingots or logs or whatever, but that also requires a shitton of gathering time. It's 2 months until 5.1, so I am unsure of how I am going to get past this. I have everything to 30+ now. LTW is 51, WVR is 72. I guess I will poke at getting everyone to 50 ASAP and just grind like a motherfucker.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not too sure what exactly is your goal and why you need to do it before 5.1 but there were plenty of posts a couple pages back about crafting. Just doing GC daily turn in, custom deliveries weekly, beast tribes(helps when you're on moogle/namazu) is fairly low cost and not too time intensive and gets the job done well enough over time. And also if you want to go fast, you should be doing leves, these usually require low amounts of materials for the xp they give. Like you'll need maybe 2-3items per level before 50, so on a 10level bracket you gather/buy mats for 24-27 items, craft them in ~30mins and then turn that in for +10lvls. You just need to pick the easy items, if none of the current leves are easy it's also worth checking the lower ones, especially the previous tier is generally very close in xp and can be the difference between a really shit item and something that costs nothing to make.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Been doing my GC and Ixal stuff now, but where do I find the weekly special deliveries? Crafters are all sitting in high 20s now. They started fast, but damn did it start slowing down.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Been doing my GC and Ixal stuff now, but where do I find the weekly special deliveries? Crafters are all sitting in high 20s now. They started fast, but damn did it start slowing down.
Custom deliveries are for 60+(or maybe it starts a bit earlier, but you need Idylshire unlocked at least).

Leves are still super fast though, but they do require crafting a bunch of stuff, they're the most consistent way to level when you actively want to play however. You can do 15-50 in a few hours with leves, assuming you can get your hands on all the materials needed(or you can buy a levekit from some people, although these are more expensive than actually buying yourself obviously but good when you have spare money from high lvl combat classes).

Cybsled

Level 60 crafter is required to unlock the first custom delivery set (Idylshire). I think you can maybe use it on a 59 crafter maybe for xp? The other 3 are unlocked during Stormblood. However, they all give the same XP now and are a massive help with leveling.

For crafting, the sub-50 stuff is usually the hardest, because your options are only 1) spam craft 2) leves 3) Ixial beast tribe 4) GC handins. The Ixial beast tribe quests do suck....it's XP, but the time investment is tedious and you don't get a ton of XP in the scheme of things. I only used them when the leve options were garbage.

Leves (esp HQ handins) are your best bet, followed by the GC handins. Where you go for leves depends on the level of your crafter. There are a lot of guides online. Look for one that has been updated and use it to help you out! However, sometimes there are leve "hell levels" where the thing you have to handin is a pain in the ass to make or gather mats for. If you have a crafting manual, sometimes the spam craft isn't the worst thing if you gathered everything, but it isn't material efficient. If you have a higher level crafting friend, see if they are willing to do HQ combines for you for leve purposes. HQ leve handins double the XP you get and are usually the most efficient XP.

Once you get to 50, it becomes much easier, as you can do the Moogle beast tribe quests (once you unlock them), which gives you 3 daily quests per day for crafting XP and are much easier to do than the Ixial overall. Namazu 60-70. As you unlock more custom deliveries, keep an eye on them every week. Once you max out your reputation with each delivery person (4 in total), you have a chance at a bonus XP/scrip hand-in. Zhloe is the easiest skill wise, followed by Mnaago, Kurusai or w/o (Ruby Princess), and Ahkgawfsdfs however the fuck you spell his name.

Oh ya, also don't forget you can select specialization for 3 crafters. They kind of nerfed specialization a bit, but depending on your level, it can make for super easy high-quality combines because you can start with 3 stacks of control. It can help with making stuff for leves or class quests.

Daidraco

I'll have to remember all this stuff about crafting. Within the last 16 quests of Stormblood and I dont see Shadow taking more than a week at most (I work a lot *sigh*). When I play on the days I can actually take off... Usually, no ones online in my FC. If they are, they arent paying attention to chat. Since theyre all level 80, I have almost no real communication with them. Is there a good linkshell I can join that would answer questions as silly as "Did Gosetsu ever get his sword, or am I just too early in the story line still?" lol

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I'll have to remember all this stuff about crafting. Within the last 16 quests of Stormblood and I dont see Shadow taking more than a week at most (I work a lot *sigh*). When I play on the days I can actually take off... Usually, no ones online in my FC. If they are, they arent paying attention to chat. Since theyre all level 80, I have almost no real communication with them. Is there a good linkshell I can join that would answer questions as silly as "Did Gosetsu ever get his sword, or am I just too early in the story line still?" lol

Uh, maybe The Balance discord has a channel for lore/story stuff. Not sure.

As far as crafting goes I'm in the middle of leveling all of mine now since I got slammed with work and had like no play time the last couple of weeks from the last time I asked the question in this thread. The easiest way for me as someone who didn't have a ton of gil was grind out my botany and mining for the mats I would need for the next ten levels then just spam craft those with a macro while watching a movie or show. It wasn't too tedious because I haven't watched many shows or movies the last couple of years so I have a huge backlog. I also set up a macro for my mouse that would auto start synthesis for a stack of materials (99) and then the in game macro would spam them out for when I was at work or had other obligatons. This served to get everything to fifty. Leves just weren't worth it pre fifty for me because of their number limitation and I wanted a huge stock of them post fifty. I would of course use my daily alotment once I was maxed at one hundred so as not to lose any.

This actually made me a shit ton of gil. The biggest sellers where ingots and lumber along with any high quality mat needed for a leve or a job quest. If I had some extra time and the HQ mats needed I would also make a couple of Job quest turn in items because you could usually sell them for 30 to 100k depending on their availability and people always bought them. I turned this gil in to 50-70 levekits from other people for all the classes and started spamming leves. Buying a 50 to 70 kit is one third or less the cost of a 50 to 80. 70 to 80 absolutely flies with the level 70 HQ crafting gear you get from scripts since you auto HQ everything you make up until level 78 with it. Also pick one prof to be constantly grinding through the moogle and storm blood beast tribes. Its like fifteen minuts or work a day for a level or so.

tldr; I'm sitting at WVR/Goldsmith/BOT/MNR at 80 with the rest between 58 and 75 after about two weeks. I started with about 1 million gil and currently have a little under 5 mil. So I actually made a pretty decent bit and will make more during the leveling process. One last piece of advice is level the profs in chunks of five so that you can cross craft your own items for job/leve turn ins and if you can make sure you run your msq/high poetic/goteia duties as often as possible. Those are free gold using the poetics to buy Thanalan topsoil and Multifaceted mats for Market Board selling.

edit:

If you are crafting and don't know about it you should be using the FF14Teamcraft website. It has everything you need. A rotation builder tailored for any item, locations for buying/farming every mat in the game, the ability to make a shopping list for leves that monitors your xp gained, and the ability to share all this crap with other people that you know.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
So i thought this would be the right game to play together with my daughter. Gifter her a version through steam, bought one for myself.

Created my account, all good.
Went to creat hers - error "i2501". Wtf? And support doesn't even work on weekends.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Steam version has some bizarre shit going on. A few folks ran into similar issues a couple months ago.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Very first post of this thread and anywhere else you read online about getting into FF14 should have do not buy the Steam version in it. So many bugs and hoops to jump through with it. Also SE direct support can't help you if you buy stuff through steam from their cash shop etc. I'd refund the purchases and buy it from Amazon, Humble, or directly from SE themselves.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Such a weird coincidence.

A month or so ago, I hit 20M Gil for the first time and found a medium house available the same day. Saturday my friend hit 20M Gil for the first time too(with my help) and yesterday he found a medium house also.

This are the only 2 medium house we’ve seen for sale since we came back some 4-5 months ago. :)

• 1Like