Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not very impressed with rewards for the Ishgard stuff. Might be a faster way to get gatherer materia. Not much else is appealing at all.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not very impressed with rewards for the Ishgard stuff. Might be a faster way to get gatherer materia. Not much else is appealing at all.
I like most of the stuff and it'll crash materia market which is good imo, so overall it's nice. The actual thing is pretty poorly designed and especially the fact they didn't get the diadem rework in time to go with it is kinda weird. Anyway just random shit to do on the side.

Merrith

I like most of the stuff and it'll crash materia market which is good imo, so overall it's nice. The actual thing is pretty poorly designed and especially the fact they didn't get the diadem rework in time to go with it is kinda weird. Anyway just random shit to do on the side.

materia market already crashed hard with the stockpiles people had and the changes to crafting/gathering with 5.1. I'm not even convinced this is a faster way to get materia on the whole, unless you're someone who doesn't have retainers getting you stockpiles of mats for yellow/white scrip collectable grinding.

Malakriss

However, speaking to members of the press at X019 earlier today, Microsoft’s gaming chief, Phil Spencer, said that the company plans to bring Final Fantasy 14 to the service at a later date. “I wanted you to know, rest assured that we will be bringing that game to Xbox,” said Spencer. “We have a great relationship with Yoshida-san and we’re working through what it means to bring [to Xbox] a cross-platform MMO that they’ve run for years.”
Great... more shitters that will cross-world play.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Probably smart if they release that after the ARR rework. Doesn't really matter a whole lot though I doubt that many people will play XIV that didn't have a PS4 or PC already, but still should be a nice boost of income when it releases.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man the ultimate looks like such a clusterfuck of mechanics, and the transitions are fucking brutal. Wonder how far the "real" world first contenders are.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
its actually weird how silent the hardcore raiders have been. no tweets or screen caps or anything. furthest progress i know if is arthas's group, hes seen the 2nd or 3rd mechanics phase of alexander a few times but not really enough to make any sense of it

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
its actually weird how silent the hardcore raiders have been. no tweets or screen caps or anything. furthest progress i know if is arthas's group, hes seen the 2nd or 3rd mechanics phase of alexander a few times but not really enough to make any sense of it
Haruglory is another streamer that's pretty far, not sure which one is the 2nd or 3rd, from what I've seen they're now wiping to the 2nd time they get the numbers with cruiser fucking shit up, during the alexander part. It looks like madness because you get the numbers so everyone needs to go to the right spot to resolve it, but meanwhile you have brute and alexander shitting up aoes all over the room restricting your movements a shit ton. Just in general the alexander part looks crazy, it's heavy mechanics after heavy mechanics, and even just to get there it's already kinda harsh.

I assume some people are gonna come out with a world first at some point randomly but damn does it look rough, even compared to other ultimates.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The transition phase between brute/cruiser and Alexander seems actually pretty straightforward , it’s i think just positioning based on what debuff you have or don’t have, any difficulty may be in the short time there is to react but most groups seem to have that down now.
The Next phase, I think inception, some groups are clearing , it’s the one with the heart that needs to be bursted down, so that was manageable. But yea the phase after that, with the numbers over the head, everyone seems to die there so far

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The transition phase between brute/cruiser and Alexander seems actually pretty straightforward , it’s i think just positioning based on what debuff you have or don’t have, any difficulty may be in the short time there is to react but most groups seem to have that down now.
The Next phase, I think inception, some groups are clearing , it’s the one with the heart that needs to be bursted down, so that was manageable. But yea the phase after that, with the numbers over the head, everyone seems to die there so far
That's what I meant, the one after the cat looks like madness. Although it's possible it's just figuring out the patterns but it looks like you have so little time to react and get in your spots and so little space to actually do it.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just went in there today for the first time. Lol watching streamers the first phase seems so simple but we were wiping in like 30 seconds constantly lol. It’s like a mix of a3/a4 at the same time and hoooly shit does living liquid hit hard. as a healer I was actually healing and not dpsing for a solid 20 second stretch, felt wierd as hell

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just went in there today for the first time. Lol watching streamers the first phase seems so simple but we were wiping in like 30 seconds constantly lol. It’s like a mix of a3/a4 at the same time and hoooly shit does living liquid hit hard. as a healer I was actually healing and not dpsing for a solid 20 second stretch, felt wierd as hell
The DPS requirements don't seem too crazy, at least from what I've seen so far. Like you do need decent DPS but not gold parse only shit, and a lot of groups were just doing no DPS to learn the phases. The transition I was talking about the japanese group had people just stand there waiting for the 10secs doing no rotation just to train it, cause it was utterly pointless to focus on a rotation when they were sure they were gonna either wipe on it, or wipe right after anyway.

Definitely looks way too hardcore for me, if I cared I'm sure I could learn the fight but I haven't raided in years, and years before that, and the one time I raided inbetween was a clear reminder why I stopped, I just fucking hate pretty much all of it, people late, people eating into their mics, the one guy that's obviously way worse than everybody but that doesn't get kicked cause he's either friend with someone or cause finding a replacement might take a while, the guy who fails on a specific mechanic over and over for whatever reason, raid night cancelled 2hours before, raid night cut short, people who don't come prepared or expect handouts because they value their time more than other people's so instead of spending 30mins a week doing something for money they'd rather level an alt and so on. And even assuming the perfect party, I just don't like the general system of raiding 4-5hours a few nights a week, I'd much rather raid a couple of hours everyday but very few people can afford that kind of time.

I enjoy watching the fights though, and ultimately I'm not hangup on clearing or not.

Also it's down apparently:

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been over 40 hours and not a second kill yet,
Not even a peep about it. Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see a second until Monday. Pretty funny I see people in the twitch streams claiming the world firsters cheated by ‘data mining’ but not sure how that’s cheating

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Been over 40 hours and not a second kill yet,
Not even a peep about it. Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see a second until Monday. Pretty funny I see people in the twitch streams claiming the world firsters cheated by ‘data mining’ but not sure how that’s cheating

I don't know about all their players, but have had experience playing with and being exposed to Phantom Assassin over the years when he was on Exodus. The guy never makes mistakes. If his entire static was even near his skill level mechanically I am sure their advantage was consistently making it to the late stages of the fight once they got a part down. That is something the streamers do not have right now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Right now the biggest issue is the trick to the last phase from what I understand. Both streamers and even other groups who were ahead but not streaming are stuck on basically the same point of the fight and only the world first guys figured the gimmick to it. It's probably some stupid shit that you either have to prep some phases after or really weird nonsense to do at some point but it seems no one else got it. Some people actually accused the world first static of cheating and the BLM received a bunch of death threats because of it(the usual internet drama), so they had to give someone the VoD of their fight for them to confirm that it was indeed a legit fight. They said they would stream their reset kill this week too I think, so I expect the world second will come minutes after that if they do indeed stream it.

Edit: Seems the strat was leaked/found, so should see some kills soon, unless it was another strat not sure.

Last edited:

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Looks like the trick was you don't kill the heart, but feed it the crystals. When it eats one it turns gold and when it hits the edge of the arena grants a buff. Looks like it can be partial so you need all 4 crystals to be eaten/explode for 8 people to get it. They truck the party when they explode so you still need to use the green orbs to slow it down.

This buff let's you basically see the future / project a clone of yourself to properly do the final phase mechanics. Pretty wild shit.

World first group posted a video of them seeing the final phase for the first time with the buff:

Last edited: