Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Have they announced anything on a PS5 transition or support yet?

Assuming you'll be able to play XIV on the PS5 but will you need to convert your account over as you had to do from PS3 to PS4 and will the PS5 have a graphics bump or will they tie it to the lowest common denominator?
I don't think they've said yet but haven't been following news too much. It's likely they'll have a conversion option like they did before, and the PS5 version will run higher graphics but it'll still be the same thing(basically like when you play on PC). Having a SSD for loading will make a big difference regardless. Probably won't be available right away though, I assume they'll wait until the launch happens and they can figure out all that stuff in peace. Maybe next summer during the pre expansion lull, that's when they usually do this kind of stuff that might have big issues, when their CS isn't submerged by people who can't run the new expansion/can't type their code right etc.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There has been literally no information on a PS5 release. Assumptions are just that it'll run in BC.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
They'll probably add it with the Expansion. Sell it and all previous titles as one purchase. It gets them more marketing eyes to align their game to ride the wave of expansion news vs getting lost in the PS5 launch game news.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The prior changeover was because of PS3 limitations, they literally could no longer support PS3 stuff any more as they updated everything to PS4 specs minimum. That won't change with the PS5 coming out, but it may incentivize them to add better textures and do some overhauls for people on PC/PS5.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They can put that ultra HD plantpot back in Gridania on PS5 without the lag.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

So live letter was this morning.

-Main parts of the Tuesday patch are the new "Eureka" zone and Relic Skysteel tools/relic weapons part 2. They discussed the zone...anyone level 71-80 can use it, lower levels are boosted to 80 and everyone has gear ilevel adjusted to the same level (normalized stats). Zone sort of sounds like a hybrid of Eureka and Deepdungeon and BA. There will be mini raid fates where a popup appears and you can queue for it. Beating them gets you stuff needed to increase mettle rank/get shit for your relic/etc. New housing districts open as well. Servers will not come up early on patch day to give everyone a fair chance at grabbing a house plot.

-5.4 is slated for Dec. Light on MSQ specific details, but the dungeon involves Matoya and we go back to Ishgard at some point. Emerald Weapon, a New Unreal trial, and conclusion of the Eden trials. Class reworks will also happen - live letter part 2 closer to release will go into more detail, but monks will be getting a big rework. It sounds like they want the class to stay busy, but they want to make greased lightning stacks falling off less stressful. Makes me think of the machinist rework maybe, where they redid the heat mechanic and just made it a bonus bar vs. "you need to keep your heat balanced or you do shit DPS" and you ended up spending more time micromanaging that as a result. Blue Mage will also be able to go to level 70 and they are adding more Blue Magic specific goodies.

-They are reworking the gatherer collectable system in 5.4. They are getting rid of the gathered item wear system and the collectable glove action (getting rid of wear would mean some collectable actions would be changed to). Perception and Gathering stats will have a much greater impact on collectable quality. They're also reworking aetheric reduction. That was it for details, expect more closer to patch. They are also reworking some of the lesser used crafting abilities. They are also adding new crafting elements for the high end crafts in 5.4 that will only be present on the 5.4 crafts and onward (expect more details closer to patch - I am guessing like the special status but more, which basically make the high end crafts virtually impossible to macro craft effectively). They are also adding a "dungeon explorer" mode for the 5.x dungeons. You can basically just explore a dungeon you have already done and use mounts/minions/gpose/etc shit. It seems to be mostly a feature for people to make cool photos, or if you just want to take your time and look at the dungeon details. All enemies/loot/traps are disabled during explorer mode.

-They are going to do a virtual fanfest in Feb 2021 since all 3 in-person events got canceled. It is almost guaranteed they will drop the trailer for the new xpac at that time.

-No PS5 specific support (ie, nothing taking advantage of better SSD), but you will be able to play FFXIV on PS5. I suspect PS4 support won't be dumped for a long time, much like PS3 wasn't dumped until close to the end of Stormblood.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm I'm guessing blue mage content will be 5.45 so a month+ after launch, like last time. Looking forward to that, and the end of eden. And I guess the monk rework since it's one of my "main" classes so we'll see how it goes.

Interesting they're only planning a single "fanfest" event instead of several, usually they spread them out so they can build hype over time and reveal bits by bits, having only a single one would mean A LOT of content in one. Maybe they'll do another during the summer? After all the expansion isn't releasing until fall this time pretty much so they'll have time.

Cybsled

Another virtual one maybe. They also do still have the live letters, so they could beef those up as well.

Merrith

Not sure I like all the reworking of gather collectibles, although it is kind of a weak system currently. I hope the "high end" craft changes don't suck. As long as they are on crafts that they don't expect you to mass produce for scrips/other stuff, I'm fine with them not being macroable.

Merrith

I got the impression it would be on stuff like the master recipes (1-3 star stuff)

Frankly that would still be a little irritating, as the amount of subcombines even within the starred recipes in order to craft full new sets can be pretty tedious. Not to mention that actual pieces themselves.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Frankly that would still be a little irritating, as the amount of subcombines even within the starred recipes in order to craft full new sets can be pretty tedious. Not to mention that actual pieces themselves.
If it's like the old system, it's only on the final item. They had something like that in the past but kinda dropped it over time, the elemental affinity crafts on the old primal weapons and stuff, basically progress was shit unless you use the right elemental progress skill(so you had to cross class shit and actually put the right one on your bars which was annoying) but the combines and stuff were standard items, just the final product required you change your rotation a bit. It was still macroable just a different macro, but they could go a similar route. Basically big ticket items in every patch(new crafted combat/gathering/crafting sets, primal weaps, new high end glamour items) requires new whatever thing they're adding, but everything else, basic combines, common items, consumables and what not, you just hit quick synth/macros. I think that'd be fine.

Merrith

If it's like the old system, it's only on the final item. They had something like that in the past but kinda dropped it over time, the elemental affinity crafts on the old primal weapons and stuff, basically progress was shit unless you use the right elemental progress skill(so you had to cross class shit and actually put the right one on your bars which was annoying) but the combines and stuff were standard items, just the final product required you change your rotation a bit. It was still macroable just a different macro, but they could go a similar route. Basically big ticket items in every patch(new crafted combat/gathering/crafting sets, primal weaps, new high end glamour items) requires new whatever thing they're adding, but everything else, basic combines, common items, consumables and what not, you just hit quick synth/macros. I think that'd be fine.

Could live with it, but when you're someone who is making multiple crafting/gathering sets, it would be really nice to just be able to macro them, especially once you're already wearing a full set that is fully melded yourself.

Flight

Molten Core Raider

Gathering screenie :

new gathering.PNG

Cybsled

Nifty UI on that, although no clue what all that shit says lol. Looks like the collection actions might take GP to use? Either that or it is an estimate of quality boost? I don't see the icons for the special actions for don't use a gathering attempt on next collection, so perhaps they are doing away with that? In fact, it doesn't appear clear if there is even a limit on gathering attempts? I remember the best collection nodes were the ones that had bonus gathering attempts, because you could squeeze more collectables from a single node.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hah, looks like people just using max-melded stuff to speed up the process with the Skysteel tools wasn't intended. Makes sense, but still kind of funny they spelled it out 4x times in the box for it.

• 1Worf

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Woot, my FC got a large house. :)

So me and my friend both own a medium house individually, and now we have a large for our FC which is just the 2 of us. Decorating it should keep us busy for a while.

• 1Solidarity

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Took me 10 years but I finally got there .....

flight 80.PNG

Did most of the 60-80 over the last few months. I don't raid so following comments are just about 4 man content which I've been hitting hard for quite a while :

Monk sucks. Hated every second. Dragoon does okay. Samurai is the easiest to do decent DPS on, but you'd expect that for a job that sacrifices any party utility to just be about their own DPS. It also flows really well.

Warrior seemed the strongest tank in all regards, Dark Knight the weakest. Gunbreaker is not far behind Warrior. It's been a long time since I did 80 on Paladin.

Bard is so much better than it was last time I played it years ago. One of the most enjoyable and solid numbers. Black Mage does the most DPS but it has a high skill requirement to get there. Summoner as ever doesn't seem to be doing much but puts out really good damage.

Healing wise WHM is still miles away the best by a ways, but everyone expects utility and DPS from their healers.

Biggest surprise - Dancer. AAA++++ Now it really sucks if you get a poop undergeared toon partnering it in the other DPS slot, but even a reasonably skilled partner and it shines.

Two Dancers together in the DPS slots seem to boost each other exponentially. The rare times I've been in two Dancer partys (when they partner each other) I've been totally blown away.

• 5Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users