Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Took me 10 years but I finally got there .....

View attachment 309810

Did most of the 60-80 over the last few months. I don't raid so following comments are just about 4 man content which I've been hitting hard for quite a while :

Monk sucks. Hated every second. Dragoon does okay. Samurai is the easiest to do decent DPS on, but you'd expect that for a job that sacrifices any party utility to just be about their own DPS. It also flows really well.

Warrior seemed the strongest tank in all regards, Dark Knight the weakest. Gunbreaker is not far behind Warrior. It's been a long time since I did 80 on Paladin.

Bard is so much better than it was last time I played it years ago. One of the most enjoyable and solid numbers. Black Mage does the most DPS but it has a high skill requirement to get there. Summoner as ever doesn't seem to be doing much but puts out really good damage.

Healing wise WHM is still miles away the best by a ways, but everyone expects utility and DPS from their healers.

Biggest surprise - Dancer. AAA++++ Now it really sucks if you get a poop undergeared toon partnering it in the other DPS slot, but even a reasonably skilled partner and it shines.

Two Dancers together in the DPS slots seem to boost each other exponentially. The rare times I've been in two Dancer partys (when they partner each other) I've been totally blown away.

Props on the achievement.

Can't disagree with your specific job comments either. Never see myself picking up Monk again. Also really enjoyed Dancer a bunch but I struggle with the tedium of DPS queues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Monk is getting a massive rework in 5.4. Live letter mentioned one change will be greased lighting will just be an innate feature that is always on and scales as you level. IE, at high level greased lightning 3/4 haste is perma on, no need to build stacks.

I bet they also get rid of positional attack requirements, make the chakra thing more impactful, and improve combat flow in terms of ability chains.

Cybsled

Woot, my FC got a large house. :)

So me and my friend both own a medium house individually, and now we have a large for our FC which is just the 2 of us. Decorating it should keep us busy for a while.

Grats on the large. Keep in mind you only get 100 more furniture budget over a medium, so good planning is needed if you want to use all 3 floors. I had to seal off 60% of my basement because I ran out of furniture budget

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Reading a bit on the new Eureka-like thing, it seems like a good way to level alts, better than HoH was. Also they added a reward earring that gives 30% xp up to 80(similar to preorder earrings but already up to 80 and this time no preordering needed which is an interesting choice since the earring probably drove a fair bit of early sales when they were released in HW/SB). Gives haste in the new areas too so it's like Cassie earring, but without all the bullshit. Obviously doesn't help me much since I've had everything capped since the launch months but it's still nice for new players.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reading a bit on the new Eureka-like thing, it seems like a good way to level alts, better than HoH was. Also they added a reward earring that gives 30% xp up to 80(similar to preorder earrings but already up to 80 and this time no preordering needed which is an interesting choice since the earring probably drove a fair bit of early sales when they were released in HW/SB). Gives haste in the new areas too so it's like Cassie earring, but without all the bullshit. Obviously doesn't help me much since I've had everything capped since the launch months but it's still nice for new players.

I have a few classes not 80 yet, once I get upgraded relic on my main, might be a good way to level some of those classes

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have a few classes not 80 yet, once I get upgraded relic on my main, might be a good way to level some of those classes
You can get the memories on any class. The quest just needs to be opened on the one you wish to complete. Do both!

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
image0.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It is a fun fight, with callbacks to FFT :D

Just a lot of people don't expect it hah, when we saw him I said "fuck"..

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Didn't beat him at all, we only had 1 shot at him before the servers were coming down for Emergency Maintenance.

Gonna try too spawn him again on Sunday, the amount of just sheer mechanics he throws at you is overwhelming when you first run into Red Comet. (My guess he drops more of the metal/lockboxes for trade in, I haven't seen much "loot" coming out of the area other then Relic pieces.)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
That looks fun lol bout time they added fate type encounters that aren’t faceroll. That is fate-ish right? Haven’t tried this patch yet but looked like a lot more than 8 people. Are there more encounters like that?

Cybsled

It’s unique to this zone. They’re spawned like fates, but then you queue to be picked for the fight. People who contributed more to spawn the bosses get priority. There are 24 and 48 man fights and they are basically raid bosses. If you win, then the person who contributed the most to that fight might get picked for a special 1v1 fight with a tough mini boss.

Kind of a cool concept- it is like a hybrid of instanced and non instanced mechanics, so people not in the fight can still watch it happen.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
That looks fun lol bout time they added fate type encounters that aren’t faceroll. That is fate-ish right? Haven’t tried this patch yet but looked like a lot more than 8 people. Are there more encounters like that?

Think of it like Eureka but like 10x faster overall , and frantic as hell but a lot of fun.