Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think an interesting twist would be that we're going to the Moon so we can free Zodiark ourselves, to fight against the End of the World, like the Ascians did back then. This might or might not backfire.

And yeah I do expect that specific area to be filled with 4 references, and possibly have Zeromus as one of the story trial there. Just the expansion as a whole won't be 4 themed, I think the Moon is going to be a single zone, kinda like the Tempest, with definitely the potential for a Beast Tribe there and a Trial fight and definitely a dungeon where they can cram whatever references they couldn't otherwise. But the rest of the expansion will probably take place in other various places(Thavnair+tropical jungle and destroyed Garlemald are already confirmed after all). I'm thinking it'll somewhat follow the ShB storytelling, where we go from one place to the other trying to put out fires(sometimes literally as they've shown in the Thavnair dungeon concept art), then go to the Moon to either solve the problem or find a solution(thus the Zodiark help), and then maybe if the Moon isn't the final destination, go somewhere else(the Core of the Earth? Where Hydaelin might be and all the monsters and shit are coming from?).
I don't think it's really possible for Zodiark to combat the Final Days, simply because we don't have the means to empower him to the level required to obliterate the phenomenon on a planetary scale. The Ascians gave up half their race twice over to first summon then empower Zodiark to stop and then revert the catastrophe. We got nothin' for doing that again. I do like the idea of freeing him to try and fight against the cataclysm, though.

I'm predicting now that the Lunar Subterrane is the Lv89 dungeon a la Mt. Gulg, and we've got the Aetherial Sea as the final story dungeon before we confront either Zenos or the source of the 'sound within the star' that made the Ascians' creation magic run amok.

I can't begin to guess what job abilities they're going to give healers this time around. It feels like most of it will be traits.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think it's really possible for Zodiark to combat the Final Days, simply because we don't have the means to empower him to the level required to obliterate the phenomenon on a planetary scale. The Ascians gave up half their race twice over to first summon then empower Zodiark to stop and then revert the catastrophe. We got nothin' for doing that again. I do like the idea of freeing him to try and fight against the cataclysm, though.

I'm predicting now that the Lunar Subterrane is the Lv89 dungeon a la Mt. Gulg, and we've got the Aetherial Sea as the final story dungeon before we confront either Zenos or the source of the 'sound within the star' that made the Ascians' creation magic run amok.

I can't begin to guess what job abilities they're going to give healers this time around. It feels like most of it will be traits.
I don't think him directly would destroy it, and more instead we get Tempered/whatever Hydaelin has done to us, and we now have both powers and can fight the threat. Emet shows up, smiles knowingly and walks into the sunset again doing his little wave thing.

For healers I just hope they add DPS shit. They're unlikely to change how they work, so it'd be better with at least a very slightly more complicated rotation. Tanks get that(although it's still very simplified compared to DPS) so healer should. Just a third button to press every now and then would be nice.

And yeah another scythe T shirt so Reaper or something like that sounds a lot more likely.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure the healer situation is improved the way they did it. Their hands are kinda tied just in party number size, but I would have preferred they made another flavor as opposed to the normie/shield healer split they're trying for. They kinda tried that with the main/off tank specs, but I think that was abandoned. Or at least it hasn't manifested in anything i've seen.

I'm surprised they haven't doubled down on Hots as an healer option or placed heals. They kinda need to unprune a bit the normalization they did for most of the classes. I don't have high hopes for that, but i have hopes.

Lol- soo much chatter about the current resistance upgrade requiring bozja.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
No ultimate in 5.5 sucks, I was looking forward to the twitch streams(I had no interest in doing ultimate myself but it's fun watching people do it).

Cybsled

Eh, gives them more time to do it and it makes sense they focus on most bang for the buck vs. something only the top 0.1% are going to ever do.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Interesting on the Stats squash already, albiet it has been needed to be done for awhile diffnetly needed DPS further separated.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really not a fan of the expert crafting stuff. People/they want stuff you can't macro, and it just ends up a priority system with too much RNG...and I'm sure everyone wanted to go back to the days of needing to rely so much on Hasty Touch and Tricks procs.

Malakriss

Some really good memes coming out of this

x4d83wo6g4g61.gif

blccv2sem3g61.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Looks like the FF14 Moon is going to be a mix of FF4 the Moons and FF9 Terra? May get a bit of FF8 Lunar Cry too, looks epic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Looks like the FF14 Moon is going to be a mix of FF4 the Moons and FF9 Terra? May get a bit of FF8 Lunar Cry too, looks epic.

They've definitely had some 4 tie ins...the whole Dark Knight job for ShB to Paladin for Endwalker stuff, Lunar Whale mount coming for sale soon. They also have the FFX tie in with Anima, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
They've definitely had some 4 tie ins...the whole Dark Knight job for ShB to Paladin for Endwalker stuff, Lunar Whale mount coming for sale soon. They also have the FFX tie in with Anima, though.
Pandemonium is from FF9 which is that tie in.

Merrith

Pandemonium is from FF9 which is that tie in.

The fact that Pandemonium and the Alliance raid they said they would be exploring new, original to FF14 stories makes me think it's just a name thing for that, at least.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The fact that Pandemonium and the Alliance raid they said they would be exploring new, original to FF14 stories makes me think it's just a name thing for that, at least.
They didn't show much if it, but it did look like FF9 Pandemonium. It's just a reference, not the exact same story.

Merrith

They didn't show much if it, but it did look like FF9 Pandemonium. It's just a reference, not the exact same story.

Yeah, they just specifically said they were going for original stories. Interested how they plan to bring Lahabrea back into things, as they showed/mentioned him as well. Think they got feedback that the tie in alliance raids are nice, but don't do them all the time. More original stuff from FF14 world versus Ivalice or Nier like tie ins.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wasn’t the original story confirmation just for the alliance raid?
Yeah bit of an odd comment, every dungeon and raid is original story other than Rabanastre and Nier Automata?

I don't think they would stop referencing bosses from other FF games, that's when the game got good imo