Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

I couldnt find the translated original interview, but found a video recapping

Main take aways:

-No plans for MT/OT hard balance for the tanks
-They hint that the new melee DPS will probably use the Dragoon Maiming sets
-Stats lost from belts will be redistributed amongst other items you wear (didn't address the loss of a materia slot(s)
-Island Sanctuary will be solo for the most part, so instanced
-Hildibrand quests will be back in the new xpac (sounds like they skipped ShB because they didn't have any ideas that wouldn't have seemed too "been there, done that")
-New PVP mode they are adding is job-agnostic and will involve occupying an enemy's base/taking down enemies. Healers wont be a dedicated thing, everyone will have a self-heal of sorts. I am guessing they maybe are going for some type of TF2 mode maybe, or a DOTA style concept. They might temporarily close down The Feast depending on how the content goes (Feast is dead outside of like the first week, so them saying something like this seems to acknowledge that game mode is a flop)
-The moon will have oxygen

Personal Conjecture: Their PVP mode details make me think that the Golden Saucer "big event" may actually be Blitzball if they are focusing on a non-role based competitive game mode inside the game

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Also it would be kind of hard too explain how Hildi/Nashu got to the First hahaha (even though Hildi does have a cameo appearance in ShB)

Godbert on the other hand, that fucker can do anything.

Cybsled

Well they gave themselves a way to explain it, when Gilgamesh opens that portal and Hildi+Nashu entered it. Maybe they decided not to pursue it because then that opens the door for "well, if they can travel to the First, why can't anyone else?" can of worms.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Also I bet they did run out of ideas for them, they were running the same thing over and over for it ... fucking Greg.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So what happens with the eureka haste belt? they never bothered to upgrade the vitality on the earring either.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
What is the point of removing the belt slot out of curiosity? Any solid theories?
During the show they mentioned that it was a left over gearslot from 1.0, but in ARR it had its visual representation taken away. So its just a stat block that they can put elsewhere. They mentioned they considered removing one of the rings as well, but since people seem to like rings and they have a glamour position, they decided to keep them.

I assume it cleans up some data storage (similar to the stat crunch they are doing), plus we are getting those 35 spots in our armory chest for 15 Main hand weapons and 15 rings (with 5 kept for a rainy day, probably could have just done all 35 to rings tbh)

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Honestly ? Belts did squat as Angerz said they were leftovers from 1.0 days

I'll gladly take 50 weapon and 50 ring slots over 1 belt slot hahahha

Cybsled

Bonus weapon slots alone will be fantastic, especially if you omni craft and level multiple jobs. It was getting a little snug in that inventory spot.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More free inventory space wouldn't go amiss.

I mean, it's the 21st century and these fuckers are still making inventory a mini-game.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well one of each and you have enough, it just gets messy if you're keeping multiple weapons for whatever reason(I have a few duplicate cause it's stuff I can desynth yet or whatever but otherwise it shouldn't be an issue, you just throw away the previous weapon when you upgrade, since only one class can use a weapon). For glamours I just drop it all in the dresser or retainers. But more space won't hurt for sure. More ring space is also very good, since rings tend to get pretty messy unlike weapons, unless you level all the same classes together. Otherwise you have like your last expansion ring, the 65, 67, 69 and then a couple of 70 rings for each type and it's just shit.

That's one of the best thing about capping all the classes early on though, can just throw away all the garbage. I often did like "all casters, all healers, all tanks" etc to get rid of the excess gear asap.

Inventory in general I think there's enough BUT during expansion launch, I activate 2 additional retainers until I can get shit sorted. I want to keep all the old expansion mats to make sure there's not something used in new recipes, and I keep various armor and shit that won't fit in the armory and I'll need later(like ninja/dragoon armor since only them use it and such). After I'm done though I clean out all the shit and I've been playing with only the base retainers and the chocobo saddlebag+inventory just fine, one retainer is full with materials, other has all the tokens, materias, buff scrolls and other bullshit, and I carry a fair bit of stuff on myself that I can use(current raid tokens, potions, food, scrolls I use frequently like MGP bonus and food duration, common materials if I'm in a crafting phase, whatever currency/boxes for the current content like bozjan coins/boxes atm and so on).

• 1Barf