Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They could burn everything to the ground but as long as Y'shtola lives they have a future.
52844902.jpg

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hope they don't go "and I've been corrupted this whole time!" bullshit like WoW. But man, how are they going to top Emet-Selch and the ending of Shadowbringers? I have incorporated his "wave" into no less than three different DND characters.

Cybsled

I doubt they will, but they did hint something was different about Zenos. Like when Zenos has a dream about the final days and Fandaniel muses that perhaps Emet Selch found a way and doesn’t elaborate. Later on Fandaniel expresses that dying to Zenos would be acceptable.

Emet would have been under the full sway of Zodiark at the time and his one goal was the restoration of those who were lost. Zenos is also very powerful and a good match for the WoL. WoL is supposed to be more powerful because we have had more of our soul fragments reintegrated into our being (thus making us more complete).

What if Emet had been experimenting to find a way to do that artificially? And partially succeeded? But perhaps something didn’t go right. A part of Emet was cool with helping his old friend (WoL). If he had been satisfied with a Zenos experiment, you would have thought he would have pursued that more vs the plan

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Zenos is 100% acting like a Unsundered which is weird(Could be traces of Elidibus still within him)... But he still wants just "The Hunt"

I hope this version of Fandaniel we get too watch burn to fucking ashes soo fucking annoying.

But I hope for more Zodiac stones come into play, that was a really nice Cameo they included near the end of ShB..

Cybsled

Aashi (the guy who Fandaniel took over the body of) is a popular meme character in Japan apparently (from what I understand, it has to do with the way he pronounced his name is like the word Oreo? I guess their equivalent of Chicken Tenders Ready to Fry and Big Fat Tacos lol). But ya, I suspect he will get offed at some point before the end of the xpac.

When I was watching Jesse Cox play through, he did bring up the good point that Fandaniel satisfies the "FF games with a crazy, "stage kid" villain like a Kefka or Kuja" that doesn't have a motivation and just wants to watch the world burn like Joker, which the game hadn't really had previously. Not my favorite villain type, but it does at least mix things up from the tragic villains we have had in the past, like Nidhogg, Emet, and Elidibus.

So they did say the story ends in the base xpac story. So 6.1 will be a new story or at least the transition into one.

My theory is that the WoL ends up discovering that they, and perhaps Zenos, are what is causing the end of days 2.0 because they both are more complete and closer to unsundered Ascians. So in order to save the world, we basically do a Hydalean kick 2.0 and split ourselves and Zenos into fragments (and in turn Zodiark and Hydalean as well). Or maybe it also restores the lost worlds that had been rejoined in the past as well? As a final gift from Hydalean, we are able to retake our form, but we lose a lot of our power that we held before that we had gained through gaining a lot of our soul shards.

Maybe not like that exactly, but they said this wraps up that whole storyline, so I suspect whatever they do will basically represent a "next journey" for the WoL and I have a feeling they will end up having us do a hero sacrifice vs. losing anyone else.

Last edited:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
They said the end for this "star" soo we still got what ... 11 more worlds too save ? Including the 13th which has already succumbed too the Void.

Zenos was honestly the closest too Kuja/Kefka(at least till Fandaniel), he didn't care about the empires war he only wanted "The Hunt"..

And even then Fandaniel obviously knows what he is doing, hopefully they'll give us more info on these monoliths that have popped up around the world with this next section of the MSQ.

And as far as Emet , I think he is just gonna be playing a background role from here on out, but hopefully ... (cause that was a lot of build-up for him during ShB not a tiny amount, we found out bunches of info on the Ascians pasts, and "who" we actually are.)

Cybsled

13th will be my next guess. If you do all the role quests in ShB, then it unlocks a series of quests where they begin to hatch an idea to try to restore the 13th. You don’t drop a big plot point like that unless you plan to revisit it later

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's unclear if there's much left to restore iirc, like the events happened a while back and it was already in a pretty dire state back then(similar to the First when we get there, but without a magic cat and his allagan crystal tower).

There's also a very obvious other choice, the New World, which is basically Native America. Bunch of lore from gear and BLU quests on that, and a large unfamiliar land they can tackle, and all it takes is some ships to get there.

I feel doing the 13th would be too similar to the First thing, only reversed. It's also unclear how we're going to solve the whole thing at the end of 6.0, so it might not be too relevant after that either.

They can also do the time travel angle, like they did in XI with Wings of the Goddess. Which is a very easy one too since there's A LOT of old history, maybe we go back to Allag times, or during the war between Mhach and Amdapor(and Nym). I feel they might keep that one for later though.

• 1Like

Cybsled

If they did a time travel xpac and didn’t have a Chrono Trigger crossover, it would be a crime lol

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If they did a time travel xpac and didn’t have a Chrono Trigger crossover, it would be a crime lol
Yeah could see it as a selling point, CT themed 24man raid or something like that. But that expansion was great in XI mostly because they took old areas then reworked them so you had a "before/after" feel which was great. Could see Lost City of Amdapor and the Weeping City of Mhach but not in ruins, Wanderer's Palace and the floating city of Nim before they were all Tonberries, the Void Ark stuff while still in construction, would be really neat I think.

And Allag themed time travel expansion could also work for really high tech feel, although there wouldn't be too much relation to current stuff other than like, Crystal Tower construction and them stuffing Primals in various containers(Azys La/Dalamud).

Imo, it's almost a given that it's going to be a thing, since time travel is already cannon in 2 different places, just a matter of when. But I also think New World is almost guaranteed to be one too. And obviously they have a lot of room to write something with the other shards as long as they don't cut that off in 6.0(which I assume they'll leave open to have room later), just not sure about the 13th. Could also be multiple shards in one expansion instead of just one, for example a mirrored set where we jump back and forth trying to prevent a calamity on either of them.

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure there’s only a handful of the shards left. The 7? astral calamities were shards getting absorbed into prime if I wasn’t too drunk to understand those plot points when they happened.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A lot of those possibilities would be fun and interesting, especially the before and after type of thing. But ever since I started playing the game, Ive always wanted to see more of the Garlean Empire. Getting to the edge of the forest and wanting to be able to travel to those walls and also see whats on the other side of them. But I know that it wouldnt be near as riveting as the other options listed.

• 1Like

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's also the question of what the other sundered Ascians are going to do with their leadership decapitated. Since Zodiark's story is going to wrap up, either we see the rest of them come out of the woodwork during 6.0, or they'll be held in reserve for future plot points.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I suspect they will address it, since they presumably are ending all the Zodiark/Hyd/Ascian scheme. Only unsundered could recreate other Ascians, so in theory what is left is all there is.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Just like how Lahabrea is suppose too be dead right now, but somehow he's coming back.

I doubt well ever see the end of the Ascian schemes , maybe the Zodiark/Hyd side of things.

Also Ironworks does figure out time travel eventually..

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So I did a thing, even though I'll probably rarely use it.. I've always hated mounts that constantly "fly"
ffxiv_03052021_004816_525.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I still have it on roulette but will probably drop it at some point it does a bunch of noise and is blinding. I got the dog mounts a couple months back and Rathalos a few days ago so I'm up to date with old mounts, will wait 6.0 for the dragons as usual, although the mecha dragon looks cool as fuck but farming mounts when they're current is super cancer.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I got emerald and ruby weapon gwibbers right now.

Hades/Twintania/Innocence/SoS is just pure fucking salt right now, so just waiting..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I got emerald and ruby weapon gwibbers right now.

Hades/Twintania/Innocence/SoS is just pure fucking salt right now, so just waiting..
I mean emerald is fucking shit too takes fucking forever, ruby was pretty long too iirc. Twin/Inno are easy enough, but still can't be bothered until they boost the rates further and I can do this shit unsynced in 2-3mins per run. I got the Innocence one randomly while farming accessories back at launch though, same for SB I got the Seiryu dog when I was farming weapons, sometimes happens but I never bothered before they switch the expansion, too grindy.

My sub running out in 2days but I think I'll resub and just do the raids in PF on tuesday every week to build up some gear before I get into a static for E12S, PF is fucking cancer for that fight due to the door boss shit and my gear feels too far behind to attempt it properly anyway(although I got a weapon upgrade token from E11S this week, so I could fix my shit but now I have to decide which class I want to take to E12S first). Plan is to clear E12S at some point before they unlock it, so I can do farm parties then for whatever I feel like.

First tier I raid since Final coil, did PFs and even though I was fucking late(started almost 2months after the patch) it still was surprisingly easy. Part of it is PF letting me just run as many times as I want instead of being tied to people's schedules and having x hours per week and so on. Obviously it comes with its own set of limitations, like joining parties that are for learning the "last" phase but then people wiping to the mechanics 2mins into the fight repeatedly and wasting everyone's time, but still. Took like 2days for E9S, 4 or so days for E10S and about 5 for E11S(both these I could have cleared earlier but finding the right group took time, especially E11S since the DPS check is somewhat tighter and people who do PF clear parties 2months late tend to be shitty geared or just shit).

Might do PF raiding next expansion too, I thought it'd be worse but it's alright.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
We have E(S) on farm right now, were only running once a week while ppl get there Crypt parts..

We are probably gonna have a big push when the dragon mech releases too get more gwibbers but honestly I'm not worried about it I'll get it when I get it, farming them once you know the mechanics is pretty easy, Hades/SoS are probably the worse just cause of how long the fights are.