Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
FFXIV always had great looking graphics, pretty much the same here, performance is much better. Great character animations. The UI looks to be actually designed to be used on a PC and you can customize it. Five minutes of playing and its already 100 times better of a game than FFXIV 1.0, which really isn't saying too much. Looks to be totally new game with some art assets shared shared with the original. The base game is there, if group content is decent, it could be good PVE game.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
The UI is much improved. Being able to jump is nice but sometimes it wont let you jump off cliffs. The questing system was revamped although those god awful levequests are still there. Graphically, the game is gorgeous and runs good with a lot of people on the screen with lots of spell and particle effects. I am running with 2 570s at 2560x1440 and maintaining a steady 40-60fps. The pace of combat is a touch slow but then again I am a Conjuror (healer). I haven't grouped yet but I do know that skill chains are in. They have limited the classes to Conj, Lancer, Archer for this alpha test. So far so good. Much better than that abomination they put out before. The questing system is very WoW like though with "!" and what not. Even shows you the spot on the minimap to go to.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
What I really need to know is, when you get a bit higher is group play required for most classes.

I'm only interested if this is a group play MMO like FF11.

Thanks Flipmode for feedback!

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
What I really need to know is, when you get a bit higher is group play required for most classes.

I'm only interested if this is a group play MMO like FF11.

Thanks Flipmode for feedback!
From the amount of HP and the strength of mobs as I level up, I am finding I need at least a second person if not a group to get efficient kill speed. So I am leaning towards this is gonna be a group based game like FFXI

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
From the amount of HP and the strength of mobs as I level up, I am finding I need at least a second person if not a group to get efficient kill speed. So I am leaning towards this is gonna be a group based game like FFXI
Something may be off, because iirc they said that questing will be the most efficient way of leveling.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
So these leve quests can be done solo but you get much more xp in a group and since there is a limited amount of them per real world time, these will end up being massive xp chunks and shouldn't be wasted solo.

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
The UI is much improved. Being able to jump is nice but sometimes it wont let you jump off cliffs. The questing system was revamped although those god awful levequests are still there. Graphically, the game is gorgeous and runs good with a lot of people on the screen with lots of spell and particle effects. I am running with 2 570s at 2560x1440 and maintaining a steady 40-60fps. The pace of combat is a touch slow but then again I am a Conjuror (healer). I haven't grouped yet but I do know that skill chains are in. They have limited the classes to Conj, Lancer, Archer for this alpha test. So far so good. Much better than that abomination they put out before. The questing system is very WoW like though with "!" and what not. Even shows you the spot on the minimap to go to.
I couldn't agree more. I felt the overall feel of the game was great. The art and environment was top notch. I didn't really get very high, but the combat was fluid from a lancers perspective. You had a long GCD however you also seem to get active skills which you can use on the fly. You're also not locked in combat and can move around freely. The questing system was simple and I can see the easy transition to console, however like Flip said it was very WoW like. Get quest, run here hand in or kill this. Markers everywhere on the mini-map.

Performance was fine. I was running it on a single GTX580 with everything maxed out with no slowdown whatsoever. Didn't get to try grouping but I could see there were a few high levels running around (15-20) in some decent looking armour already. Definitely a game to keep your eye on if you liked FFXI, just need to confirm the level curve and difficulty.

Bros, I'm really looking forward to this again. I haven't been back to it since beta testing back in the day because it was so awful then. Sounds like they're making an actually decent, playable game this time around. Love the FF job system. Will have wood for this until I get to try it out again.

I've been thinking about jumping back into FFXI bros. I think when I left off I had soloed a bunch of classes to 37 and had dancer at 49 but couldn't find anyone to hook me up with limit break quest help. Was shitty.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I hear live is fucking awful, I play the only classic private/emu server there is.

Problem is like it's only Zilart, relatively new, and has like 5-10 people on it.
frown.png

frown.png