Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Silver Knight of the Realm
final fantasy MMOs have always been the most confusing things to me. You need chronospheres to play on shardworlds with your crystalpals that you have to buy separate and you can only make one character. It's like they didn't want anyone but weaboo final fantasy nerds to ever play them. I don't know who the fuck even cares about this franchise anymore
That's how it was in the beginning bro. FFXI is much better now and most of people's gripes have been addressed to some extent. It looks like they're turning FFXIV around, not that it has much of a chance to be successful any more.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems to be a global 2 second cooldown on most abilities, short duration buffs are on a separate cooldown. The point of combat seem to be to perform combos and not spam all your abilities.

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am reserving my judgment till I do some group content. Its very much improved, but as shitty as it was at release, its hard not to improve on it.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
guessing you guys playing this are not feeling it?
I've just been working a lot. I'm waiting until all the classes are in and do some grouping to give my final verdict. I do enjoy it way more than version 1.0 if that says anything.

Sarg_sl

shitlord
I played the game a bit before they brought it down for the relaunch. The changes that were made to the game over its previous launch version had been fairly significant. Combat wasn't total garbage, leveling wasn't entirely a chore (well grouping wasn't too bad if you went to the fun spots) and a few particular encounters could even be called fun. That said, I do think the relaunch has a bunch of potential, although I am not in the alpha since I have more important stuff going on - if the 'new' team pushed the game in the right direction this could very well be playable and possibly even fun... maybe. I say all this only based off what I saw before I stopped playing the last version before the game was brought down. I haven't really cared at all about the videos and trailers posted in this thread and the old thread, because frankly, I don't care about fluff - especially not from Squareenix. But I do think the team behind it is capable of doing good things, so we will see.

Theres likely going to be a nice big flaw when it launches, which we probably can't avoid - SE is stubborn, so after it relaunches, it will have a sub fee tacked on to it- if not immediately then shortly thereafter. Obviously they have a lot going against them and their relaunch, and at best it's going to be a struggle for them. I think I may give it a shot if its free after the relaunch (or when its open beta) but I think that either way it turns out - it will be a struggling game with any sort of subscription to deal with, especially these days.

Unless its the second coming of Everquest I won't pay another penny for this game.

/shrug

Nobody_sl

shitlord
So has anyone mentioned if this is anything but a WoW clone? Hotbar, instanced dungeons, and kill/collect quests make me think so...

Anything that differentiates this from RiftWowAionHammerCraft?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
There needs to be a law against fucking clickers making videos.
This.

That video looked like crap. Sure it looked shiny, but I assume we're looking at it from the tank's perspective and he just stood there clicking on his hotbar. Then we saw the dps and he just stood there clicking on whatever ability came off of cooldown.

So combat is this:
Stand still.
Click on whatever is off cooldown.
Win.

??