Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
Inflation is insane in this game and easily exploited by new players: sell the job quest rewards from MSQ quests and you can earn 1-1.2M leveling up to 70.

After that, well, I have a well geared WHM and WAR/PLD/DRK job set so I can run leveling roulette whenever I get the urge: those yield 10k Gil directly plus a cracked cluster that is traded in for materia that sell for 170-200k on my server for roughly 25min of my time. If a hunt gets called in the cities you can fly out for a chance at another cracked cluster. With no crafting classes leveled and no "buy low, sell high speculation" I have earned roughly 7 or 8M Gil since Stormblood release. There are limited Gil sinks so it just piles up. People who have been playing consistently since ARR relaunched are sitting on hundreds of millions.

Housing is supposed to be a sink, which I have avoided up until now, but if I buy two plots when the Kugane housing opens, I should be able to sell one for a 25% profit not long after which would pay for all the housing items on the first plot and still leave me net Gil up.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So thanks to the road to 60 buff, for the first time I am in the postion at level 64 that I am to low to progress the main story quest in stormblood. Is it best to do the normal quests in the area to bridge the gap? I have no done any quest outside of unlock quests and MSQ since level 1. I am dps so dungeon spaming not really a option

Molten Core Raider
Even as dps, roulettes will fill in the gaps better than any side quests. Hit leveling, 50/60, and trial roulettes and if you're still short, the MSQ roulette and Frontline should get you to 65. Friend of mine had the same problem but one days worth of roulettes and he was back on his way.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are looking for speed, even after the nerf, pvp is a decent way to level post 60.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The PvP ladder is rough. Spent all morning playing and climbed up to silver but not being able to queue with friends sucks.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I was tempted to check out the new expansion, but their password recovery setup is shit(haven't played in years). Downloaded the trial, tried setting up a new account, but 'email is in use'. And that's about as much effort as I care to put in. ;\

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Got Neo Exdeath down to 14% last night. I'm beyond ready for this clear but as usual, there are seven other people who are "helping me pace myself." Also I hit gold for Feast so that's neato.

In other news, 4.1 might add cross-server linkshells for those of you who want to have a FoH one that isn't just Jaen making lewd comments about me.

Cybsled

Hey I'm confused. Working on leveling my samurai, but game wont let my monk take any new level 50 quests after the one where you beat the Super Saiyan monk. Says you need "new dawn" quest, but I'm past the Ultima Weapon shit and got to the cutscene with the 2 Acsian dudes with that elf pope. Am I missing something?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hey I'm confused. Working on leveling my samurai, but game wont let my monk take any new level 50 quests after the one where you beat the Super Saiyan monk. Says you need "new dawn" quest, but I'm past the Ultima Weapon shit and got to the cutscene with the 2 Acsian dudes with that elf pope. Am I missing something?
To get past the next stuff you need to be on Heavensward. The next step is basically the opener of the HW questline. It'll be the same once you reach 60, you'll finish the HW arc, then there will be another 60 quests that you won't be able to take until you're done with HW story, that one leads to Stormblood arc.

Malkav

French Madman

You need to do all this before : 7th Astral Era Quests - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki - FFXIV / FF14 ARR Community Wiki and Guide

That's 101 quests. Good luck.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got Neo Exdeath down to 14% last night. I'm beyond ready for this clear but as usual, there are seven other people who are "helping me pace myself." Also I hit gold for Feast so that's neato.

In other news, 4.1 might add cross-server linkshells for those of you who want to have a FoH one that isn't just Jaen making lewd comments about me.
YOU EARN EVERY SINGLE ONE.

I still stand by the whole "representative of the Eorzean Revenue and Payroll Service" joke though.

Cybsled

Thing that blows about all these story quests is they only give 4k xp a pop. Fuckers, at least give 40k ;/

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
But then you'd be 70 by the time you're done(well maybe not really, but you'd be stupid overleveled). What sucks about them is there's way too many and most of them suck. Giving 4k wouldn't be an issue if there were less. HW does it a lot better, there's way less bullshit before you reach SB(also the bullshit is a lot less shit which helps).

Cybsled

Ya, half the quests are: Go here to talk to this guy. "Hey Champion, this shit got real, let us go back to the Sands/Rising Stones and discuss!". Minfila: Man, this is bad, I need you to travel here and talk to this guy *travel there* Shit you just missed him, travel here! *travel there* Hey lets go back to Sands/Rising Stones and discuss!

RIP

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When you get Cape Westwind for roulette, and there's a bonus, but they watch the cutscene which is like 3 minutes long.