Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Live Letter from the Producer starts in 15 mins (7am EST 09/29) :

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXIX | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

Should be announcing release date for 4.1 which opens up Shirogane housing. I'm betting on Tues 10/10 but it could be as early as this Tuesday.

This Adventure Squadron stuff will be given in more detail too. It sounds like the FFXI system where you can create a dungeon party with just you and your adventurers.

Cybsled

Regarding the side quests, some of them give gear. It may be prudent to save them for another job you may level in the future, since it gives you some level appropriate gear.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like any MMO it really depends what you want. If your goal is to be in a leading edge savage raiding group, then hit max on whatever class and burn through the story to get to new stuff.

I find this game much more enjoyable just to stay one tier behind and actually enjoy it, level some other classes, etc. It's actually got great story and cut-scenes for the most part! I hit 70 way before I was even close to done with the MSQ in the new expansion. Now I've got about 6 classes at 70 and everything unlocked. I'm leveling the others when I casually play, doing WT's, etc. Just figure out what you want to do, the game as plenty of options.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Uh removing materia is definitely going to kill the market entirely since there's basically no need for materias anymore once you have acquired the few you need. I guess overmelding still breaks materias so crafter/gatherers will still need some but even for that it's a huge step if you can remove your materias since it saves you a lot of money and means you can easily put a VI in the guaranteed slot for everything(although for many slots this won't matter that much since you want a CP and CP V usually capped them but eh). Guess we'll see the implementation but not a bad thing I guess especially if they remove the leveling roulette bonus at the same time. Although being able to make money while helping people, actual money that is not 5k per 20mins, felt like a pretty good idea.

Squadron dungeon sounds cool. Hopefully they can make it work and then it'd be easy to revise a lot of the old content using the same systems(like the 2.0 story dungeons and 2.1+ old normal primals).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems they said on stream the return rate is only 40% when removing materias, but it still recycles a portion of them and will dampen the market.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So I'm an idiot and bought this on a whim. I only ever played the first 30 days so after a week I just now reached the intro to Heavensward.

Kreugen Rumslayer on Gilgamesh, maining a 53 bard. I was spam invited into some shit FC which I guess is useful for the xp bonus and whatever the guildhall perks are. But they don't speak much and outside of the novice network it is crazy quiet.

Along the way I've done all the post 2.0 dungeons and trials because fuck the non stop barrage of cutscenes, so I'm hoofing it to Idyllshire to (hopefully?) spend my capped Poetics.

I need a better way to track my damn buff & dots. Will the ACT overlay do that? I'm so accustomed to putting everything I need to know right next to my character's feet.

Last edited:

Cybsled

I got invited at random to a FC on Marlboro when I was starting out, but they are pretty active and actually help each other out/talk in chat and try to put together some raids now and again for those that want to. Last week we did all of Alexander and I won the roll for the cool minion at the end ;p

I got my Samuari to 70, working on my monk now. Not sure what I'll try next.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So I'm an idiot and bought this on a whim. I only ever played the first 30 days so after a week I just now reached the intro to Heavensward.

Kreugen Rumslayer on Gilgamesh, maining a 53 bard. I was spam invited into some shit FC which I guess is useful for the xp bonus and whatever the guildhall perks are. But they don't speak much and outside of the novice network it is crazy quiet.

Along the way I've done all the post 2.0 dungeons and trials because fuck the non stop barrage of cutscenes, so I'm hoofing it to Idyllshire to (hopefully?) spend my capped Poetics.

I need a better way to track my damn buff & dots. Will the ACT overlay do that? I'm so accustomed to putting everything I need to know right next to my character's feet.
Fuck wish you were on Sargenteras (or however its spelled).

Janx

<Silver Donator>
You can move the buff bar and then ctrl+home/end (i think might be pageup/down) to resize it. Makes it easier to see at least.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In next week's patch they are changing the UI so you can modify both your buff and mob's debuff window a little better. Basically they are taking the target bar and instead of it being 1 window containing mob HP/cast bar/debuffs, it'll be 3 separate windows.

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
Bard feels much better from 64 when the two dots are extended to 30s which is the same timing that you will use on two of the three songs (you will clip paeon's) and is the same on steady shot, but it gets slightly more annoying at 70 when you stop refreshing steady shot on steadier procs and have to remember it manually.

I use the song timer bar as my mental tracker for the dots and steady shot refresh

Janx

<Silver Donator>
In next week's patch they are changing the UI so you can modify both your buff and mob's debuff window a little better. Basically they are taking the target bar and instead of it being 1 window containing mob HP/cast bar/debuffs, it'll be 3 separate windows.
Thank god. My biggest complaint about the UI is not being able to move the target cast bar independently.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Plus the fact that you needed to have a gigantic target hp bar if you wanted debuffs and target cast bar to be visible enough. Like I needed a ten foot target hp bar in the middle of my screen, ugh.

Malakriss

New Cash shop items on Chinese servers

Outfits shown below, also mount and barding.

bai5.jpg
bai3.jpg

chi2.jpg
chi4.jpg

Last edited:

Cybsled

Snagged a house in the Goblet today, somehow. The Goblet upgrade in 4.1 is pretty nice, so I'll settle for this vs. fight in Kugane Tuesday morning.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't play this game for a long time, I wanted to pick it up again, but I've got a question, maybe you can help me. After reinstalling stuff from scratch on my pc, windows included, I lost the original Documents folder that had the FFXIV settings, like keybinds etc., but I have a backup of it. Apparently the game now uses a different system for storing info and offers a way to backup them via launcher.
Is there any way to convert my old setting folder (it contained a lot of .DAT files) to the new one? It's not a big deal, but I had everything really well made before taking a break, it'd be quite boring to redo everything :(

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I didn't play this game for a long time, I wanted to pick it up again, but I've got a question, maybe you can help me. After reinstalling stuff from scratch on my pc, windows included, I lost the original Documents folder that had the FFXIV settings, like keybinds etc., but I have a backup of it. Apparently the game now uses a different system for storing info and offers a way to backup them via launcher.
Is there any way to convert my old setting folder (it contained a lot of .DAT files) to the new one? It's not a big deal, but I had everything really well made before taking a break, it'd be quite boring to redo everything :(

You could try pasting your backup over the "Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn" folder located in C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\MyGames

(Make a backup of this first, too, obviously.) That's the folder that saves macros, UI layout, etc iirc.

Malakriss

C:\Users\Malakriss\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\FFXIV_CHR#######

that should be the folder with all of the .dat files, including keybinds. Each character on your account will have its own number ID on the end.