Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
It's not just an ilvl block, if you haven't cleared O4S you can't even do it.

I kinda get why they'd want to put that block there, if it truly is going to be harder than O4S by a large margin. I just hope it's a good difficulty that isn't based on simple "You're not dealing enough damage" kind of metrics, because that's only going to be solved by ilvl increases and that's a boring way to handle difficulty imo.

Malkav

French Madman
From what I've read from before the release of the patch, it's a very long fight, with a lot of individual responsibility (one player can cause a wipe), not so much a DPS check (even though there is one near the start).
Going from my memory of interviews though.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haven't gotten any time to play since downing Neo, still don't have time to play but I'm gonna patch to just log in and reset the clock on my house while I unsub for most of November.

Missing the boat on the good players clearing Shin Ex is gonna suck, though.
And I won't carry you either! I'd have to listen to you drunk-ERPing in Discord is why not (because I wouldn't be able to record it).

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Finally set foot in Stormblood, not that there's any rush.

I finished all of the dungeons/trials/alliance raids along the way. The last Void Ark one, Dun whatever, was pretty hilarious. By far the most yolo deaths - I'm guessing people didn't run this one very much before alliance roulette became a thing. It was a bloodbath yet no wipes.

Luckily it seems a lot of the repeat mechanics are color coded. If some sort of ball gets tethered to me though there are a lot of possibilities so I just run it into a mage.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most players ran Dun Scaith weekly for like 7 months. The problem is half the current game didn't finish out Heavensward so they don't know it.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Every wind blast was like... just let the poor guy have his rest, dude.

I went to the unmarked yellow atomos and the blue ball came out of it and melted my face. I was confused and betrayed by the lie.

Last edited:

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Dun Scaith was a hassle for people, even while it was current content, especially the third boss, most likely due to her lack of telegraphs and the hands DoT being unclear.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every wind blast was like... just let the poor guy have his rest, dude.

I went to the unmarked yellow atomos and the blue ball came out of it and melted my face. I was confused and betrayed by the lie.
Yes, the lie that it announced by telling you what was going down the yellow's mouth to be spat out by its twin!

If you really want a good time, you'll love the Royal City of Rabanastre for lies. I actually mean that literally, but I don't want to 100% spoil it.

Cybsled

I was confused as hell during that fight until I realized the giant faces flashing on your screen were the tell. Also that stupid spinning finger debuff lol

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yes, the lie that it announced by telling you what was going down the yellow's mouth to be spat out by its twin!

If you really want a good time, you'll love the Royal City of Rabanastre for lies. I actually mean that literally, but I don't want to 100% spoil it.

The yellow went into blue and the blue went into yellow and I wasn't aware that could happen the very first time I ever saw the fight after reading the lying wiki once an hour earlier.

"Yellow Atmos transfers ball to another yellow Atmos, and blue Atmos transfers ball to another blue Atmos; the ball color will not change." - LIBERAL LIES

Last edited:

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
The yellow went into blue and the blue went into yellow and I wasn't aware that could happen the very first time I ever saw the fight after reading the lying wiki once an hour earlier.

"Yellow Atmos transfers ball to another yellow Atmos, and blue Atmos transfers ball to another blue Atmos; the ball color will not change." - LIBERAL LIES
Barring some sort of bug, this description is exactly how it works. The first eats the ball and despawns, and the second, same-color Atomos spits the same-color ball out that its twin had ingested. I'm not sure why you're calling it a lie unless aforementioned possibility of a bug? o_O

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Barring some sort of bug, this description is exactly how it works. The first eats the ball and despawns, and the second, same-color Atomos spits the same-color ball out that its twin had ingested. I'm not sure why you're calling it a lie unless aforementioned possibility of a bug? o_O

An english reader might assume yellow balls always go to yellow mouths and vice versa.

It only took seeing it once to know how it really worked.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
not really playing anymore but came across this video. looks like soe really outdid themselves here, this may be the hardest fight ever int he game. and this is a damn cool transition to (what is presumably) the last phase.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Angered apparently dropped out of the race, so seems it might not die anytime soon.

I guess people did ask for something really challenging, and they delivered, now wether or not it was TOO challenging I guess we'll see. That said I'd assume 3.2 will make it easier anyway(I don't think it's ilvl synced? or if it is, higher than currently probably?) so probably will see kills then.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even the hardcore players have normal jobs/lives. They schedule two weeks off for Savage progression and could only do a week for Ultimate. Of course who could predict it would take only a day for Savage and they'd need more for Ultimate cause SE actually made a super hard encounter.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
5150 on tiamat has a livestream going they are the furthest along of any streaming group i know of. damn close to golden bahamut they will probably get it tonight
Twitch

edit - some other jp group just cleared it

Last edited:

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That JP group that cleared it, was fittingly enough, made up mostly of former Lucrezia members, who back in 2.0 were the original World First Coils clear static before they fell apart/fell out of the world first races. Hilarious that their old nemesis Bahamut returns, and they come out of the shadows to be the world's first again to put him down.

Reddit's also losing their shit about this group not even being a serious enough static to give themselves a name, and the fact that they didn't use the cookie cutter meta party combination to get the job done.

On a completely unrelated side note, this week's Jumbo Cactpot winning numbers was 1337. I lol'd.

Cybsled

I never win that dumb cactpot thing. Best I ever got was the 5th place where it gives you like 1k points.