Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For the fastest levelling is it still potd up to 60?
I believe Squadrons were faster but that was when they were bugged. They might still be though, but afaik they stop at 50 so 50-60 would still be potd. You can probably mix and match depending on your tastes.

Cybsled

Not too hard then. Stormblood simplified a bunch of things (ie, to get certain classes you don't need to level multiple classes to unlock it anymore). You'll have to wrap up the HW main story before moving onto SB if you haven't already. The roulette duties also give awesome xp and they have stuff like alliance raid roulette now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
About two years ago?
If you have cleared the original storyline, it's pretty easy to get back into since the rest doesn't suck nearly as much. Otherwise it's your typical wow-like game, every other patch is a soft gear reset(you get new tome gear with a new weekly cap) and every expansion is a full gear reset, so getting back into it doesn't take much work, and the good thing is you have a ton of content to do on the side when you're bored(all the 5man dungeons added since and shit).

This game's main barrier of entry is having to do all the main story quests before you can do anything else, and that's not so bad the first time since you're still leveling anyway plus the story is solid and not annoying once you get to HW/SB. It just sucks dicks when you have to do 2.0 > 2.4 or so, the original and some of the patches after, tons of fillers, slow paced fetch quests and a lot of not interesting story bits.

Cybsled

At least HW isn't the abortion that ARR's MSQ is pre-HW. 100 quests where literally 90 of them are just going back and forth and slowly advancing the story.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
If you have cleared the original storyline, it's pretty easy to get back into since the rest doesn't suck nearly as much. Otherwise it's your typical wow-like game, every other patch is a soft gear reset(you get new tome gear with a new weekly cap) and every expansion is a full gear reset, so getting back into it doesn't take much work, and the good thing is you have a ton of content to do on the side when you're bored(all the 5man dungeons added since and shit).

This game's main barrier of entry is having to do all the main story quests before you can do anything else, and that's not so bad the first time since you're still leveling anyway plus the story is solid and not annoying once you get to HW/SB. It just sucks dicks when you have to do 2.0 > 2.4 or so, the original and some of the patches after, tons of fillers, slow paced fetch quests and a lot of not interesting story bits.

Thanks. I cleared the main story. Last dungeons I remember were the harpy chick you had to stand behind the rocks etc.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
At least HW isn't the abortion that ARR's MSQ is pre-HW. 100 quests where literally 90 of them are just going back and forth and slowly advancing the story.
I've been wanting to come back and try this again, but I think I'm still like 50 quests from finishing the MSQ in ARR and it was fucking horrible

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The MSQ is indeed evil. I came back from where Brahma was about, uh, 6 months ago, right after Stormblood. It took a bit of doing to get caught back up and suffer through the ungodly ARR story (especially like the pre-Ishgard stuff).

Once you get to Heavensward though, it gets less tedious, and when you get to Stormblood, even less so.

In my opinion, this is a good game to come back to, especially if you enjoy the whole Final Fantasy vibe. Lots of people playing, lots of stuff to do, challenging content if you want to try the savage/hard modes of some of the fights, neat final fantasy classes that all do cool shit.

Cybsled

Plus lots of houses now if you like that sort of thing. I was able to snag a mansion because personal direct buys are shut off right now, but they didn't restrict relocations.

I've got decoration block right now, though. The housing item limits they put in place (200/300/400 respectively) are way too small.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've been wanting to come back and try this again, but I think I'm still like 50 quests from finishing the MSQ in ARR and it was fucking horrible
It gets better before the end, I wanna say probably around 30 or 25quests before the end I'd assume. Like when it starts foreshadowing Heavensward stuff and actually telling a story, adding new important characters and such. The last part of 2.5 for example was pretty cool, it has the infamous (Please make time because a lot of cutscenes will play) message before 40mins of story stuff and ends vanilla on a nice cliffhanger which is obviously instantly resolved if you have the expansion, at least the immediate aspects but Heavensward wastes no time plunging you into another story and that one's awesome, with way less filler shit.

It's rough but it's worth powering through, kinda like when you had to play a lot of wow leveling shit quests. They did better over time and I assume most of it is gone since Cata but vanilla wow and BC had some god awful quest nodes with just a bunch of shitty quests.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My neighbor is playing this and I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm typically a min/max player, so any advice on what to roll?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
My neighbor is playing this and I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm typically a min/max player, so any advice on what to roll?
Race doesn't matter so pick what you prefer, every char can be every class, you get to change whenever you want(outside of combat obviously), so again doesn't matter too much. If you mean what's top tier and what not, avoid Black Mage for endgame as well as Samurai, they're good enough but people know they're also the weakest by a small margin so some will refuse groups and whatever because they're retarded. Other than that you can more or less pick whatever you want to play, as most mmos healers and tanks are in demand and will get faster queues for dungeons/trials, especially useful when leveling the first time.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Race doesn't matter so pick what you prefer, every char can be every class, you get to change whenever you want(outside of combat obviously), so again doesn't matter too much. If you mean what's top tier and what not, avoid Black Mage for endgame as well as Samurai, they're good enough but people know they're also the weakest by a small margin so some will refuse groups and whatever because they're retarded. Other than that you can more or less pick whatever you want to play, as most mmos healers and tanks are in demand and will get faster queues for dungeons/trials, especially useful when leveling the first time.

Thanks.

Went Hyur Highlander (cuz str) Gladiator. Guess I'll be tanking!

Cybsled

Paladins are a pretty strong tank class, so hard to go wrong with that ("hero" class for gladiators).

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I just came back in Jan and started from scratch. My only minor bitch is everything seems abit too "calculated". The lvl sync's, ilvl's, loss of ability in lower dungoens etc etc. I mean i get why they did it but thats still my biggest gripe about the game so far (and GCD still seems so fucking slow). Outside of that, game is fucking brillant.