Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
HYPE DAY IS REAL.

I swear to god though, I won't mind Blue Mage announcement, but please god don't announce Dancer. That's such a lame fucking job.
Yeah fuck you buddy, I want Dancer. I'm fine with whatever though, as long as one of the class is a tank or healer and preferably it's not the gunblade class(gunblade tank). I really don't care for the gunblade shit, I'll level the class because I level everything but I'd rather have anything else as tank or healer so I can play that at the start of the expansion.

Cybsled

Yeah fuck you buddy, I want Dancer. I'm fine with whatever though, as long as one of the class is a tank or healer and preferably it's not the gunblade class(gunblade tank). I really don't care for the gunblade shit, I'll level the class because I level everything but I'd rather have anything else as tank or healer so I can play that at the start of the expansion.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blue Mage uses the gunblade as a weapon, kinda like the rapier for Red Mages.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
HYPE DAY IS REAL.

I swear to god though, I won't mind Blue Mage announcement, but please god don't announce Dancer. That's such a lame fucking job.
But the hype train was in Omega in 4.2, not 5.0!

Couldn't resist, but can't wait for the CGI teaser all the same~

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems there's a class teaser in the trailer itself, Yoshida's Tshirt is Viera teaser(Bugs bunny, with a race checkered flag > Rabbit race > Viera).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh damn, Blue Mage confirmed, CEO of Square Enix walked on the stage in a blue mage outfit lol. Edit: Even a trailer. And apparently you actually learn abilities in combat instead of quests, which is surprising for XIV usually tame systems. That's pretty cool.

EDIT: AVAILABLE 4.5

Edit: Capped at 50 until 5.0 patches lol.

Last edited:

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah he hyped that crowd then shit on their chest in a span of 3 minutes with that capped at 50 announcement lol.

Thinking about it now too, since that BLU confirm had the pimp cane, Thancred in the trailer with the Gunblade must mean the possible Soldier job leak could be real? If Dancer is going to be a thing I highly doubt it's gonna use a gunblade.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah he hyped that crowd then shit on their chest in a span of 3 minutes with that capped at 50 announcement lol.

Thinking about it now too, since that BLU confirm had the pimp cane, Thancred in the trailer with the Gunblade must mean the possible Soldier job leak could be real? If Dancer is going to be a thing I highly doubt it's gonna use a gunblade.
Yeah the leak seems fairly accurate, predicting both 3jobs and a race, which realistically wasn't a conservative guess.

The 50 cap isn't so bad for 4.5, but it'll be interesting to see what it's raised to in 5.0. They didn't really confirm it'll be 80 in 5.0, just that the cap will be raised in patches, could be 80 in 5.2 only or something. Iirc FFXI did similar stuff, although in XI it wasn't as much of an issue since old content was still relevant, not sure about this strategy for XIV.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That teaser was sick, was that thancred with a gunblade?
Yep, Yoshida said there's a teaser for a new job in the trailer so most likely Gunblade class, it also fits the leak from a few months ago, it'd be a new FFXIV class with a Gunblade as its weapon. Mind you, there were already Gunblade related stuff in the recent patch, 4.4 especially.

Also fun detail, in the teaser the Hero switches classes based on the progression of XIV. He starts as an Archer from 1.0, then WAR from 2.0, then DRG from HW, then MNK/SAM and finished as DRK for the new expansion.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Just watched the FFXIV dev stream. If only the Blizzard devs had the dedication, passion and drive the FFXIV dev their games would be 100% better. May have to get back into FFXIV again.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ahh, shit. From the Official Press Release:

Square Enix Press Center - SQUARE ENIX ANNOUNCES ‘SHADOWBRINGERS,’ LATEST EXPANSION FOR FINAL FANTASY XIV ONLINE

"As a surprise announcement, Yoshida also revealed the addition of blue mage to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online at the release of Patch 4.5. Blue mage will be available to all players that own A Realm Reborn, have reached level 50 as a Disciple of War or Magic, and have completed the 2.0 main scenario. Taking inspiration from previous FINAL FANTASY titles, the blue mage job will provide a unique solo gameplay experience in which players will learn monster actions and advance through blue mage-specific content. Blue mage will begin with a level cap of 50, and increase in the future with the addition of new content for the job."

Pls no.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Eh we'll see, but from the way they worded the announcement it felt like you wouldn't be able to hit the cap until several patches in 5.x anyway. I think it's possible once it's capped they'll let you play with it, but seems like it'll be a long process. I wonder how that'll work out for players joining later though, if BLU doesn't get spells from quests but only from learning, it'd require quite a while to catch up.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blizzard just got hit in the cross fire of a POE expansion announcement and a FF14 expansion announcement.

BTW with how shitty WOW is and all my other beloved MMOs getting shit on (hi Secret World) I finally jumped into this and forced myself through the first 50 levels (double exp server really helped). I know everyone told me this, but I just couldn't do it before. Whether it was timing or desperation I finally made it through and I gotta say I'm so happy playing this game. The combat definietely improves in the later levels, the quests improve. There's a ton of systems to dive into. And I love how I can spend my 15$ a month and not be expected to get nickel and dimed in some cash shop.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Heelvsbabyface has a video explaining the new features for the upcoming expansion. Lots of good stuff.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Can someone provide a quick summary of what this offers over just resubbing to WoW (Other than integrity and passion and the like). What does a daily session look like?

Cybsled

Daily session at max level or fresh off the boat?

At max, it would primarily involve running duties, dungeons, and quests/daily stuff. Crafting if you're into that. Or level your other jobs.

If you're a fresh player, then you'll be leveling through the main story quest, which is extremely extensive.