Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The server I rolled on less than a month ago (Exodus) was a preferred server, but it was taken off preferred last week and it has queues for login at primetime. I'm thinking the WoW refugee situation is more than a meme.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The server I rolled on less than a month ago (Exodus) was a preferred server, but it was taken off preferred last week and it has queues for login at primetime. I'm thinking the WoW refugee situation is more than a meme.
It is.... Notice all the new sprouts or returning ones over characters heads. Just so many of them popping up everywhere. If you group with one ask them if they played WoW and see what their answer is.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider

Definitely more than a meme. I was one. I met several others.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Blue Mage drops tomorrow. I expect a decent uptick in people for that as folks try out the class. Probably the biggest uptick we'll see pre-expansion would be my guess.

Btw, if you want a cool housing item, if you do deltascape 4 (Exdeath), the crystaloid can be traded in Rhager's Reach under Wonderous Sundries for a level checker replica...basically those TV looking things on a stalk. It is interactive and the screen lights up. Non-unique, so you can get a bunch if you're willing to wait in queue for people to do that one lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Blue Mage drops tomorrow. I expect a decent uptick in people for that as folks try out the class. Probably the biggest uptick we'll see pre-expansion would be my guess.

Btw, if you want a cool housing item, if you do deltascape 4 (Exdeath), the crystaloid can be traded in Rhager's Reach under Wonderous Sundries for a level checker replica...basically those TV looking things on a stalk. It is interactive and the screen lights up. Non-unique, so you can get a bunch if you're willing to wait in queue for people to do that one lol
There's generally a large amout of people joining in the month leading to the expansion or so, to catch up, after expansion news/promotion. Game's very lively then, at least it's been like that past expansions. Should also see a good bump in activity when MSQ part 2 releases. It's just the inbetween that's gonna be pretty dead.

Fuck Blue Mage hysteria is going to be nuts. Will their be enough mobs to farm lol.
I checked the areas they said they changed to find the new mobs and what not. In La Noscea, they kinda trippled every spawn. Like every mob is instead 3 linked mobs, so there's a fuckton of mobs. With a 1min respawn, that should be fine, then you have FATEs and their scaling.

The main issue is going to be learning shit without having fuckers kill the mobs before they cast. Especially a few of the mobs are where bot scripts farm, so that's not gonna help(for example in Nthan there's a new mob type for BLU quest/learning not sure, and that's where the bots farm, I had trouble finding the mobs because they were constantly dead).

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It annoys me but I also sort of like it that I have to do old content like old dungeons to unlock new ones.

I like the relevancy of things at all times.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It annoys me but I also sort of like it that I have to do old content like old dungeons to unlock new ones.

I like the relevancy of things at all times.

I've been playing a lot for weeks now and I haven't even gotten to HW content as I've just been fucking around in ARR stuff, and I'm not even close to burning through what that has to offer. There's an absurd amount of content in this game and they've managed to keep it at least somewhat relevant (albeit trivialized in many areas) It's really refreshing after dealing with all of WoW's abandoned content

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I don't know if it's me or what but I remember WoW never ran so well on high settings like FFXIV does. I find the graphics better and the game has a shit ton of particle effects. I never get any slow down but with WoW I get serious frame rate drops and slow down.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Nice little touch in the game is that ambient crowd noise plays with increasing intensity/volume based on the proximity to large numbers of players. There's probably 300+ people all in one place in LL on my server waiting for the Blue Mage quest to show up.

ffxiv_01152019_035700_787.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wish these idiots posted a time for the release instead of just saying today. Apparently not weekly reset, now waiting for last week's maintenance time, and worst case it's gonna be daily reset(which is possible since that's also when the event turns off and they did say they're using event tech to turn it on).

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fuck Blue Mage hysteria is going to be nuts. Will their be enough mobs to farm lol.
This is why I'll probably be doing Battlecraft leves early on. There just won't be anything alive.

Plus, even without an exp boost to world NPCs you can still get to 15 pretty quickly that way.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Wish these idiots posted a time for the release instead of just saying today. Apparently not weekly reset, now waiting for last week's maintenance time, and worst case it's gonna be daily reset(which is possible since that's also when the event turns off and they did say they're using event tech to turn it on).

It's up now

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems the limited spawns won't be too much of an issue seeing as you get thousands of xp for normal lvl 5 trash mobs so you level at a stupid pace. It's only annoying to learn skills on specific mobs but the learning rate doesn't seem so bad. Main concern I have is a lot of the skills are locked behind dungeons, so we'll see how that goes. Also you start by being able to 2shots lvl 4 mobs so you can kinda start in a lot of places.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Level 20 class quest is to learn mind blast off the end boss of Tam Tara. That's going to be a clusterfuck and a half.

Where are you supposed to get upgraded weapons for it? The class quests don't give them and there's no vendor ones other than lv1 and lv50 that I could see

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Level 20 class quest is to learn mind blast off the end boss of Tam Tara. That's going to be a clusterfuck and a half.

Where are you supposed to get upgraded weapons for it? The class quests don't give them and there's no vendor ones other than lv1 and lv50 that I could see
There aren't any. Your upgrades are your armor/accessories with +int. I don't get why they threw baby out with the bathwater there at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Good a time as any to experiment. They mentioned they’ll add more weapons if people want them, but I’m thinking they actually want to see the data from the player base and will plan the next phase of blue mage around what they learned.