Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good lord, another
Alphinaud
and not enough cat girls in the MSQ's storyline.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The customer service for in game issues is a fucking nightmare to deal with. I started the paladin relic quest which awards you a SWORD and SHIELD. I capitalized those two words for a reason. You get it from a quest called "Soul without Life" and The next quest is called "Toughening Up". A few days passed by so I decided to clean out my inventory and I must have gotten rid of the sword. So when I tried to continue the next quest titled "Toughening up" I'm required to have the sword and shield equipped to accept the quest. The sword is called a Animated Hauteclaire and the shield Animated Prytwen. Well I can't since I no longer have the sword. I explained this to the GM several times and they don't seem to understand that you get the sword and shield as a combo. You don't get either two individually. They are a weapon set that you get together. So long story short they are telling me they won't replace the sword even though I have the shield and it clearly shows that I had the sword once. I tried redoing the quest "Soul without life" from Ardashir in Helix but she keeps telling me that I already received the sword and shield. Is there a way that I can continue the quest or am I just screwed?

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The customer service for in game issues is a fucking nightmare to deal with. I started the paladin relic quest which awards you a SWORD and SHIELD. I capitalized those two words for a reason. You get it from a quest called "Soul without Life" and The next quest is called "Toughening Up". A few days passed by so I decided to clean out my inventory and I must have gotten rid of the sword. So when I tried to continue the next quest titled "Toughening up" I'm required to have the sword and shield equipped to accept the quest. The sword is called a Animated Hauteclaire and the shield Animated Prytwen. Well I can't since I no longer have the sword. I explained this to the GM several times and they don't seem to understand that you get the sword and shield as a combo. You don't get either two individually. They are a weapon set that you get together. So long story short they are telling me they won't replace the sword even though I have the shield and it clearly shows that I had the sword once. I tried redoing the quest "Soul without life" from Ardashir in Helix but she keeps telling me that I already received the sword and shield. Is there a way that I can continue the quest or am I just screwed?
Probably have to get rid of the shield and then just finish the quest again. You don't want to go through a GM for something like that they only let you restore an item a certain number of times, easier to simply repeat the quest (which it sounds like you did already)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Probably have to get rid of the shield and then just finish the quest again. You don't want to go through a GM for something like that they only let you restore an item a certain number of times, easier to simply repeat the quest (which it sounds like you did already)
i thought about doing that but I'm afraid to get rid of the shield. That's the only proof I have that shows I did the quest. Apparently they cant seem to verify I owned the sword for some reason.....

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well you could get it back anyway by redoing the quest regardless and they won't replace shit without making you use your one time account replacement thing, which is probably not worth doing for a single relic weapon, especially since that's like, the first step? Just throw the shield away and do it again.

You did make sure you don't have the sword though right? /isearch Hauteclaire, in case you dropped in some stupid spot.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Got it to work. Said fuck it and deleted the shield and then I was able to accept Soul Without Life quest.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Is that the relic line that ends up with Aettir? I like how that looks but you could just finish Eureka for the 70 relic, went by pretty quickly for me and the 70 weapon looks pretty sweet too:

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it is. I just started it though and I will finish up the Eureka one too. Paladins and Dark Knights have the best looking weapons in the game imo.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah they tend to have some of the best. Bard and Dragoon have cool shit too. I wish there were good looking fist weapons but I dislike all the relic designs basically. I wish they'd do a relic like Makai fists where it's just gloves/half gloves/nothing with some cool lights. Almost every fist weapon looks like some clunky shit when you hold them.

Won't matter soon though, cause I'll be DANCING enemies to death. Hopefully. 2days to go to know for sure.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yeah they tend to have some of the best. Bard and Dragoon have cool shit too. I wish there were good looking fist weapons but I dislike all the relic designs basically. I wish they'd do a relic like Makai fists where it's just gloves/half gloves/nothing with some cool lights. Almost every fist weapon looks like some clunky shit when you hold them.

Won't matter soon though, cause I'll be DANCING enemies to death. Hopefully. 2days to go to know for sure.
Definitely those two also. I especially like the bard bow. Rumors going around that dancer( healer or ranged dps) will be the next reveal with the possibility of a 2nd race. We'll see!!!

Malkav

French Madman

Try Fists of the Sephiroth. Best looking MNK weapon to me.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it is. I just started it though and I will finish up the Eureka one too. Paladins and Dark Knights have the best looking weapons in the game imo.

They are good, but I respectfully disagree. Canopus is the best of the 3.0 relics; I'm still using it.

• 1Like