Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Dancer should be good for the game. Allows them to differentiate the ranged DPS classes between selfish (Machinist) and selfless (Dancer), with Bard in between.

I'll be happy if Machinist gets a good rework out of it. Couldn't care much about Dancer per se.

I'm super hyped for a proper support job honestly.

I really like the atmosphere of the expansion with it's slightly altered areas too, seems really cool.

I'm loving XIV right now and 5.0 looks great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, that trailer was definitely the fappening.

Nola Nola Belated, I know, but the Calamity Salvager NPCs didn't list the Animated weapons for you either?

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm pumped. Though the last time I played an MMO's 3rd expansion involving your character going off-world and also the introduction of a cat-person race, it was the beginning of the end...looking at you, Luclin. Lolol

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Disapointed DNC isn't a healer but still kinda interested, we'll see how it goes when they reveal more about the job. I just feel it's going to be very much a light support like BRD/MCH so that's not really that interesting to me in terms of role. I had hoped it'd be a melee support at least, ranged sounds kinda zzz.

Hrothgar was pretty much what was expected, and also not interesting to me. Lots of people whining the races are gender locked now though. I wonder if next expansion they'll just add the other gender so people stop bitching, cause you know they'll keep bitching.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I don't get what they were thinking with the Ronso. Most straight guys won't play them because they'll have to contend with furry jokes. Most gay guys are already happy with Miqo'te (if they like the twink aesthetic) or Roe (if they like the bear aesthetic,) and most of us don't want to deal with the jokes either.

They should have done Bangaa or something unique.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Agree. Lizard dudes would be much better. I cant even remember if there were girl ones in tactics. But its been ages. Nu-mou would have been rad too, but they're beast quest. Oh well, Ima glamour some bunny ears onto my elezen in protest of male bunnies.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think they wanted to add one male one female, they knew they wanted Viera for female since it was always requested, and they didn't want to make male rabbits for whatever reason and/or wanted to make a "big" male race, so they went with an old FF race. They could have done something different for sure but overall the thinking seems fairly logical for what they wanted to do and they probably thought people would be happy to not only get Viera from FFT/XII but Ronso from X too. XIV is after all a large amount of past FF stuff mixed together.

The amount of people who believed there'd be male viera, and further, that believed they would be sexy/twink/cute rabbit boys and are super disapointed is surprising to me though. At no point did that really sound like something that'd happen to me.

It's like the no healer/DNC isn't healer people who are crying they're quitting the game forever or whatever. While I hoped it'd be healer cause I like playing healers, I always knew DNC could be DPS. It was DPS in XI, technically. Yes it could tank and heal, but it was mostly about doing damage and buffing other people doing damage. So I'm disapointed and sad it isn't a healer, but I also didn't have stupid expectations. I'm mostly surprised at it being ranged DPS over melee DPS.

Oh well hopefully all that shit will have blown over in a few months, the whiners can quit if they want like all the BLU mains "did", I'll just be enjoying my new story shit on my highlander monk/sch/dnc/pld/whatever.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Maybe next job may be a healer like geomancer, chemist or even time mage. Who knows with YoshiP. When I saw that dancer with a pair of chakrams in the trailer I had the gut feeling it was gonna be a dps class. But all this time I really thought it was gonna be a healer especially since we only 3 healer jobs. Nonetheless I'm pumped about this. I cant wait until May for the Live Letter and then July 2nd!!

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Geomancer won't happen; it's explained in the 60-70 Astrologian quests that Astromancy is Geomancy. Astrologian already fills the Time Mage niche with Time Dilation, Celestial Opposition, Astral Stasis. Chemist is pretty much the only one that has any chance of happening at this juncture, IMO.

I'm pretty salty about no new healer, but hopefully they'll use the opportunity to really rework the existing healers. Yoshi did mention during Q&A that WHM is getting an overhaul, and it needs one pretty badly.

I think the Hrothgar look cool, and male Viera are awful.

The concept art looks cool enough. The execution is really bad, like Roes with cat heads glued on. Textures are really really bad in the trailer.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Geomancer won't happen; it's explained in the 60-70 Astrologian quests that Astromancy is Geomancy. Astrologian already fills the Time Mage niche with Time Dilation, Celestial Opposition, Astral Stasis. Chemist is pretty much the only one that has any chance of happening at this juncture, IMO.

I'm pretty salty about no new healer, but hopefully they'll use the opportunity to really rework the currently existing healers. Yoshi did mention during Q&A that WHM is getting an overhaul, and it needs one pretty badly.

The concept art looks cool enough. The execution is really bad, like Roes with cat heads glued on. Textures are really really bad in the trailer.

They don't look like Roe's at all. That's like saying Au Ra look like Elvaan. Completely different posture and animations too.

The textures aren't great, but then XIVs textures in general are shitty.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
You gotta be kidding me. The official forums is accusing the devs of being homophobic. People are actually that upset cause no male viera? Is it that fucking serious? I bet it's people from Balmung.

• 3Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 4 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
There are butthurt gender-jihadists on the FF forums promising to unsub if they don't add male viera.

• 1Solidarity

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
People from Balmung should be happy that they can now write bad ERP with Ronso as tops and Miqo'te as bottoms.

The people who are bitching are like the idiots on the Bioware forums. The game allows s/s marriage, has a gay couple in the Wanderer's Palace HM questline, and has a 4.x villain that's gay for Zenos. Basically they're just saying homophobic because they feel it will give them extra SocJus points in today's #wokesociety.

Even Plebbit, of all fucking places, gets it. With a bad argument, yes, but at least they get it.

Last edited:

bolok

Trakanon Raider
If they are hard up on more burly dudes there's always this look for male viera
marvbugs1024.jpg

Cybsled

Allowing same sex marriage in the game just makes business sense, though, regardless as to what your opinion is. Each wedding costs IRL money, you'd be an idiot to not expand your customer base (esp considering the vast amounts of SLRs that play lol).

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Shit seeing that male cat race made me want to start playing. Now it seems I am gay for thinking Kimhari was second best char in ff10. Rip my butthole :(