Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just hit 70, the story is getting a lot better.

The three way battle to crown the new Khan on Azim Steppes was really cool, had to do it quite a few times untl I learned not to try and AoE down everything. Japanese lady who smokes and tortures was really interesting, I like that Xenos just seems to be fucking pissed off women in every province and putting them in charge. I wonder what got sand in Ala Mihgo lady's vagina?

The only thing is that for an expansion all about liberating places from Imperials, there are no actual Imperial mobs in any of the zones (haven't done Lochs yet). They did make their mechs look a lot better though, one of the dungeons having bosses from the FF6 Magitek Factory was a nice touch.

As good as all the dungeons and trial battles are, holy fuck are the a lot of fetch quests and speaking to NPCs - it's like you have to fill in the paperwork to end each quest by speaking to several different people. I was BEGGING for bear ass quests but they were rare and usually kill 3 max. They could learn some lessons from WoW there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Dropped the dough for belt, weapon, and accessories, Will do AF slots in eureka.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
FINALLY finished my Drk eureka weapon. I spent almost 3 hours today prepping PW. Fucks sake that drove me insane. I don't remember taking that long prepping the first time I killed him. Now I gotta farm crystals for my elemental armor and I done with my Drk. I'm on the fence whether or not I will do it for my paladin especially the light farming part in pagos and pyros. Hopefully they'll nerf hydatos soon so the crystal drops wont be so damn abyssmal and I can buy PW scales with them making the grind easier there.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Yeah!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh looks like they'd remove Wildfire, which let's all admit it, will be a good thing for Machinist.

Also removing monk stances, I wonder where they are going with that because two of the tools for Greased Lightning management are linked to them (shoulder tackle in Wind and Earth's Reply in Earth).

Monk stances is really easy. Fire does nothing, just roll the damage into the skills or GL, nobody cares. Keep Riddle of Earth for a defensive+GL refresh, don't need fist of earth for anything either. Finally for wind, you can just make tackle always wind tackle, or add a 2nd Riddle of Wind tackle ability that generates the GL(gives a lot more options for mobility too, and reduce the need to double weave, just riddle of wind for stacks, keep normal tackle for movement if needed, or just dump for damage). They might also be tweaking the concept and removing it entirely to streamline an easier tornado kick rotation tbh. Will be some dumbing down because the current rotation is unncessarily complex. I guess monks lose the movespeed in this case, although they could add this as a passive too like Ninjas.

For the other stuff a lot of it would make sense and wouldn't really hurt. Diversion/Lucid disapearing would probably just mean they'll give all DPS/healers a single ability that does both(like lucid) but rename it to something that makes sense for all classes, since they're merging TP/MP anyway. Removing Protect is also long overdue, it's annoying to rebuff during fights and it's just a flat damage reduction for everyone that you're expected to have anyway. Make it like the PvP protect, a defensive cooldown you can throw on tanks to keep the fancy graphical effects maybe. Although that'd probably be OP if it's too good and redundant with Eye for an Eye if it's too weak(could just remove Eye and replace it with a 10% mitigation protect though, ultimately same thing and actually reliable).

That said it could just be guesses. I think most people expect this kind of trimming, it makes sense, so it's not a risky "leak".

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just hit 70, the story is getting a lot better.

The three way battle to crown the new Khan on Azim Steppes was really cool, had to do it quite a few times untl I learned not to try and AoE down everything. Japanese lady who smokes and tortures was really interesting, I like that Xenos just seems to be fucking pissed off women in every province and putting them in charge. I wonder what got sand in Ala Mihgo lady's vagina?

The only thing is that for an expansion all about liberating places from Imperials, there are no actual Imperial mobs in any of the zones (haven't done Lochs yet). They did make their mechs look a lot better though, one of the dungeons having bosses from the FF6 Magitek Factory was a nice touch.

As good as all the dungeons and trial battles are, holy fuck are the a lot of fetch quests and speaking to NPCs - it's like you have to fill in the paperwork to end each quest by speaking to several different people. I was BEGGING for bear ass quests but they were rare and usually kill 3 max. They could learn some lessons from WoW there.
As far as the Imperial mobs go, you'll see plenty for the 67, 69, and 70 MSQ dungeons. They were a bit downplayed, to be sure, but most of them show up in cutscenes only.

You'll find out what got sand in Ala Mhigo lady's vagina in the MSQ. 4.3's trial and surrounding cutscenes were probably the height of the expansion's MSQ, but I think 4.5's Orbonne Monastery outdid it for aesthetics by a hair. I was kind of left wanting for 4.56/finale MSQ, especially compared to 2.55's cutscene palooza and Omega v Shinryu. Made me think they were going to start off 5.0 with a nuclear bomb, before we go to where we're going.

On a different note, I am seriously chomping at the bit over the 5.0 PLL because I really want to see what they have in mind for healers.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
After 5 months or so away, I'm back to playing this.

I finally beat "The Will of the Moon" that had made me quit in the first place. Only took me 3 tries, it gives "echo" now which I'm pretty sure it didn't before. First try, I wasn't able to kill her before the meteor thingy killed me, 2nd time was very easy, but I died as Y'sthola because I missed the mechanic that required me to hide behind Hien. The third try was super easy.

I caught up to the story which was mostly like 3 hours of cut-scenes. I just need to run the last dungeon, missing a bit of gear score I'm at 354 and need 360 to run it then I'm done with MSQ.

I leveled all my gatherers to 51 this weekend, need to read up on leveling past this since they introduced new stuff...looks interesting.

So pretty much all going be to crafting from here till expansion. I have tons to do there. Carpenter is 58, Culinarian and Weaver are mid 40's, the rest are mid 30's. Not sure I'll have time to catch up on all of them with the time I can invest.

I have 100 leves, wonder what's the best way to use them...gathering or crafting.

I can't wait for the expansion, always forget how much I love this game. I'm still pissed I had so much trouble with "The Will of the Moon", too much DDR for my old age. :)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
One of my guildies says there is a leve for shoes that sell on MB for 8k. Will get any crafter from 51-60 in no time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One of my guildies says there is a leve for shoes that sell on MB for 8k. Will get any crafter from 51-60 in no time.
Leves are craft specific. If it's shoes, it's likely only leatherworking(or armorsmithing if it happens to be that). And 8k isn't particularily cheap.

Hope 4.57 has Hydatos nerf. That place is fucking dead already out of primetime while Pyros still works fine, but I'm done farming Pyros crystals for the armor shit I want so now all I need is a fairly large amount of Hydatos crystals but I also want this shit to go faster like it does in the previous areas. Just want to be done with Eureka.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
NA data centers appear to be undergoing maintenance. The message on the launcher said that wasn't going to start until 6 p.m. pacific time. Frustrating, I was hoping to play this afternoon. Maybe they're doing NA data centers now, and they'll be up earlier? One can hope.

Edit: nvm, appears I didn't read the entire message. NA data centers down from 3 a.m. 22nd to 3 a.m. 23rd.. Sucks!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If one reads the maintenance messages then you'd know the NA datacenters went down for 24 hours for the split while the regular patch downtime occurring for everyone is only a smaller part of the same window. You ain't playing til tomorrow.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Hope 4.57 has Hydatos nerf. That place is fucking dead already out of primetime while Pyros still works fine, but I'm done farming Pyros crystals for the armor shit I want so now all I need is a fairly large amount of Hydatos crystals but I also want this shit to go faster like it does in the previous areas. Just want to be done with Eureka.
I feel the same exact way. I had enough of eureka after completing my Drk one and I still gotta grind crystals for the elemental armor. I really hope they reduce the amount of light you need or make you get more light per kill. Either way make pagos and pyros light farming much easier. That's the main roadblock completing eureka weapon on my paladin. I couldn't imagine the grind players that has multiple eureka weapons went through.