Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Interesting tidbit if you get suspended for botting and are part of the NN they remove you from it. I heard from a friend .... okay it was me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Close to finishing HW MSQ and hit 60, i'm maxed out on poetics, should i spend them all on gearing up to continue the MSQ? Poetics are only good for level 50/60 gear right?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Close to finishing HW MSQ and hit 60, i'm maxed out on poetics, should i spend them all on gearing up to continue the MSQ? Poetics are only good for level 50/60 gear right?

Pretty much. You can get 260 shire set from Idyllshire should help with early Stormblood stuff.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finished preparations for the most part. Did my 2 roulettes+2dungeons+4commends for the challenge log, capped genesis in Eureka, just need to get 200gatherer red scrips tomorrow and kill some centurio mobs so there's only 1 mob left for each page. Almost fucked up the melding challenge log cause I was desynthing dungeon garbage and melding them first for higher chance but noticed, so that'll be a bit of crafting xp. Now just need to prepare my house and food.

Merrith

I kind of prepped early, already had capped poetics/mend/genesis and my gatherer/crafter scrips. Have 16 gathering leves ready to hand in (maybe they give exp, maybe they don't, but my leves will have all recovered by Friday anyways), and a bunch of palladium ore/torreya logs hopefully for excess yellow scrips towards buying books or whatever once that's opened up. Have mats to turn in whatever gathering GC turn ins pop up for Friday, and mats to craft any/all of the potential crafting ones. Figure I'll be able to get a quick burst of exp for all gathering/crafting that way then straight on to just grinding out MSQ.

Cybsled

Ya, all the stuff about banking old leve quests probably won't be worth the time investment. I'm in no rush to min/max leveling anyways.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Haven't been able to catch up, jam-packed weekend. Ain't gonna make it. Oh well. Maybe I can get cheap 70 gear when it launched

Daidraco

Haven't been able to catch up, jam-packed weekend. Ain't gonna make it. Oh well. Maybe I can get cheap 70 gear when it launched

Maybe if I started on my original character, I would try. But starting a new character on another cluster/server just kind of killed any of its relevance to me at the moment. The only reason I would want to prepurchase before it launches is just for that exp piece. Would be nice to bring up other jobs with it. The only time I think I'll upgrade is when I finally hit the wall for first expansion, and then Ill buy ShB to unlock them all for both accounts. If we're still playing, that is..

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ya, all the stuff about banking old leve quests probably won't be worth the time investment. I'm in no rush to min/max leveling anyways.
I don't see the point in FIRST TO EIGHTY, considering Eden won't release until July 16th, and even then it's normal mode with Savage not due until the 30th.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm not in a rush too hit 80, only reason for the Pre-Order is mainly too get out of the starting area of ShadowBringers before the floodgates open, the EXP item is nice but that's more of a bonus it's so stinking easy too lvl in this game, if you just go for 1 job.

Malkav

French Madman
I don't see the point in FIRST TO EIGHTY, considering Eden won't release until July 16th, and even then it's normal mode with Savage not due until the 30th.

I think they were more talking about crafting/gathering jobs leveling. Getting to 80 quickly on those and cornering the market is an incredible cash cow.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
ohh man that furnishing preview, I know a few people who are gonna be happy about that..

heh

* Due to the volume of items added with the release of patch 5.0, they will not be listed in the patch notes. Same with recipes also lol

Cybsled

Last expansion saved gathering leves gave like 2k exp each. So basically nothing.

Yup

*Tradecraft and fieldcraft leve quest rewards will be significantly reduced when using a class at level 70 or above to complete a leve with a level requirement below 70.
*Players above level 70 will now receive a maximum of 10,000 EXP when trading collectables of level 70★ or lower.

I also noticed this for everything

*Inner Quiet: The bonus to control can be stacked with Innovation, but cannot exceed 3,000.

I wonder if this is due to the HQ materials giving more quality to the combine?