Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
damn surprised this game got bumped to 2nd page. well anyways, anyone know something about dps'ing on scholar? As someone who mostly plays whm, I got shit on hard by a group because my sch dps was terrible, which i guess is now a thing thats needed for the savage raids.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
damn surprised this game got bumped to 2nd page. well anyways, anyone know something about dps'ing on scholar? As someone who mostly plays whm, I got shit on hard by a group because my sch dps was terrible, which i guess is now a thing thats needed for the savage raids.
Always apply Bio II, Bio, and Shadow Flare first, because they can't miss. After that, try to get Miasma off, and if there's still more time, Broil, baby, Broil.

Remember to Bane if you're doing AoE DPS.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
thanks. i suppose i was asking for more handholding than that. trying to find good moments to sneak in dot recasts and such. i think i have trust issues too since i am constantly just subbing in for other groups. back when i was in a static it was a lot easier since i kind of knew what the other healer would be doing and when

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
thanks. i suppose i was asking for more handholding than that. trying to find good moments to sneak in dot recasts and such. i think i have trust issues too since i am constantly just subbing in for other groups. back when i was in a static it was a lot easier since i kind of knew what the other healer would be doing and when
The better you know the fight, the better you can find out when to DPS. Take Savage A1, for example:

• Before the second Oppressor spawns, you can go full DPS, except for the Prey target; your other healer will probably need help with that.
  • After the second Oppressor spawns, you can DPS until adds spawn
  • After the tank buster, the missiles drop, and the first tank cleave, you can DPS until a little bit after the raidwide AoE, then switch to healing before the next tank cleave.
  • If you mit really well for the landing (Adlo + Deployment) you can DPS until adds spawn again.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The new content coming in 3.1 seems... underwhelming.

• 2 new dungeons, one of which is Pharos Sirius HM
  • New 24-man, Void Ark
  • Minion battle minigame, "Lords of Verminion"
  • Airship ventures that take you and your FC members to an actual sky island for exploring and gathering
  • New "relic weapon" equivalent for level 60 weapons
  • New MSQs for 3.1
  • Vanu Vanu beast tribe quests

Unless those airship venture things have a serious progression aspect to them, this content is going to dry up pretty quick. We're not even getting a new primal fight, it seems.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems fairly standard for an inbetween patch, other than they're only adding 2dungeons instead of 3. One primal, one 24man, bunch of side shit(minion fight, new daillies, new relic step which in this case is the first, so might be an interesting one).

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Okay, that's good, at least. Still, the game feels in a very strange place right now.
If that were a WoW patch, people would be shitting all over themselves. I mean, they got what 3 months after WOD launch? Blood Elves re-skin, Twitter and an Heirloom Tab?

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
They are putting in a rename feature for FCs. Finally ISIS can become something less terroristy.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
They are putting in a rename feature for FCs. Finally ISIS can become something less terroristy.
Shouldn't have to change the name of the guild just because some lunatics also share a similar name.

What did ISIS get renamed to in Archer?

Rename it to that.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
If that were a WoW patch, people would be shitting all over themselves. I mean, they got what 3 months after WOD launch? Blood Elves re-skin, Twitter and an Heirloom Tab?
So what? This is FFXIV, not WoW. I hold it to a higher standard.

Shouldn't have to change the name of the guild just because some lunatics also share a similar name.

What did ISIS get renamed to in Archer?

Rename it to that.
Why rename it? ISIS is charming and I imagine it keeps out the softskins.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
The rename is mainly for fear that someone in CS gets a report and decides to delete rather than rename. 1.8m in action points and the housing is not something I want to lose.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
dhRDefH.jpg

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A4 Savage cleared for the first time tonight, though you Gilgamesh people probably already heard about it. About a month since Savage launched for those keeping track.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
A4 Savage cleared for the first time tonight, though you Gilgamesh people probably already heard about it. About a month since Savage launched for those keeping track.
Yeah, seems like pretty good tuning, hard enough that it probably wasn't feasible right away, but not too hard that it's impossible until they nerf it, or even until everyone is already fully geared, so that's pretty good.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, seems like pretty good tuning, hard enough that it probably wasn't feasible right away, but not too hard that it's impossible until they nerf it, or even until everyone is already fully geared, so that's pretty good.
Elysium and Lucrezia were both pissed last week because of the gear wall on that fight.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Welp, looks like i'm resubbing. Hopefully my toon in ISIS is still around. Any suggestions on a class that is rare/needed/fun?

Oh, and it heavensward necessary at lower levels or can I just hold off getting it until later?