Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Any suggestions on a class that is rare?
According to statistics recently released by Square Enix on the last Letter from the Producer, the rarest classes are NIN, DRK, AST, and MCH... but I don't know how that holds up for only endgame play.

Any suggestions on a class that is needed?
WAR and SCH are the most-needed classes for endgame raiding, and will probably continue to be for all of 3.0.

Any suggestions on a class that is fun?
SCH is really fun IMO, as is NIN and AST.

Oh, and it heavensward necessary at lower levels or can I just hold off getting it until later?
You don't need it until you hit level 50andcomplete all of the level 50 Main Story Quests (there area lotof them).

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
You don't need it until you hit level 50andcomplete all of the level 50 Main Story Quests (there area lotof them).
One thing to consider is without the expac, you will be wasting exp at 50 as you go through the post-story content leading to the expansion. I started the expansion at level 53.6 just from finishing the story and sidequesting, so try to grab it before 50 if you're enjoying the game.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
According to statistics recently released by Square Enix on the last Letter from the Producer, the rarest classes are NIN, DRK, AST, and MCH... but I don't know how that holds up for only endgame play.

WAR and SCH are the most-needed classes for endgame raiding, and will probably continue to be for all of 3.0.

SCH is really fun IMO, as is NIN and AST.

Thank you! Thankfully my toon is still around and in ISIS. I have a warrior in the 30's so it's good to hear that they are useful. I've wanted to try a Scholar too so that's good news.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Looks like this client download is going to take an entire day, blah.
Turn off firewalls, especially windows firewall. See if it downloads faster.

Something like that slows the downloads a ton, can't remember what exactly.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Turn off firewalls, especially windows firewall. See if it downloads faster.

Something like that slows the downloads a ton, can't remember what exactly.
This seemed to speed it up. Thanks. Forgot to disable that shit when I upgraded to Windows 10.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
One thing to consider is without the expac, you will be wasting exp at 50 as you go through the post-story content leading to the expansion. I started the expansion at level 53.6 just from finishing the story and sidequesting, so try to grab it before 50 if you're enjoying the game.
I finished the 2.0 story line at cap before 2.1 launched, and then resub'ed during 3.0 and went forwarded with 2.1 through 2.55 as full rested and got about 3/4 of a level (as a bard). One MSQ quest is 4300 xp or so at level 50, one quest in 3.0 is 43000 xp at level 50. Just a warning about trying to do too much in the 2.x land.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Monks got a buff. Astros get a major buff. Dark knights in dps mode can last abit longer. Was surprised monks got a buff, but Ill take it.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
LET IT BE WRITTEN THAT PATCH 3.07 WAS THE DAY THAT SQUARE ENIX FINALLY KILLED OFF WHITE MAGE

AST/SCH is just so superior to WHM/SCH now, it's silly. AST/SCH was already amazing, but now it's even better.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Oh wonderful.

Oh well. Don't have time to play this semester anyway.
Well, it only matters if you're in a min-maxxing hardcore raid. If you're not, don't worry about it. WHM/SCH comps got all of the world firsts, so WHM is still viable.

It's just that AST is better. =P

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
TBH I was probably gonna level AST next time I had a chance to play rigorously anyway. Already got all that unlocked and ready to go while I was levelling to 60 on the WHM.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
LET IT BE WRITTEN THAT PATCH 3.07 WAS THE DAY THAT SQUARE ENIX FINALLY KILLED OFF WHITE MAGE

AST/SCH is just so superior to WHM/SCH now, it's silly. AST/SCH was already amazing, but now it's even better.
And widened the gap between MNK and NIN if i'm reading correctly =/