Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
Any suggestion on what class is best to run through with for the first time? I know you can eventually do all of them, but are some easier than others for the first run through?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Any suggestion on what class is best to run through with for the first time? I know you can eventually do all of them, but are some easier than others for the first run through?
Hey African.

I'd go Summoner. Only job that auto levels two classes at the same time while playing one. Summoner is pet class so powerful without depending on equipment, so excellent for leveling and soloing for a first class, while the auto leveled job is Scholar, a healer pet class so quick queues for group dungeons etc.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Summoner is good, if you like the concept, you have to micro a bit in groups because some pet skills are annoying as fuck if left in autocast (knockbacks for example), but it's just one or two extra bindings.

I mained a white mage, a bit slower at killing, but since I wanted to play a pure healer that was my choice right away, also on the first run, I didn't mind the slow killing, everything was new etc.
I'm on a short break, but as soon as I can pick it up again, I'll probably play a monk or some other melee dps for fun.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You can get it right now on the PS Store for $11.99 on sale. You won't have to worry about Keys then.

Same price for the PS4 version, and also a sale for the vanilla game + expansion for $31.99. All include a free month.
I got it working, looks like PSN was down when I was trying. I made a character on Cactaur, everything just seems to take longer with a controller +PS3 load times means I got bored at the 5th quest mark.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hey African.

I'd go Summoner. Only job that auto levels two classes at the same time while playing one. Summoner is pet class so powerful without depending on equipment, so excellent for leveling and soloing for a first class, while the auto leveled job is Scholar, a healer pet class so quick queues for group dungeons etc.
I think I'll go this route when I get back home on Thursday. Travel has been killing my lately. Good to hear from you Flight!

Xalara

Golden Squire
I don't quite know why I am putting myself through this but I am gearing up my crafters. Currently have right side two-star finished (the 15 extra CP is huge) along with most of the offhands and the belt. Next step is to start working on the mainhands.

So far this has required me to find two other craftersto donate their red scrips and six or so gatherers to farm for me. A bunch of turnins were done using roundstones which take 3x the red scrips for some God forsaken reason. I will also have another crafter donating their scrips soon.

On the bright side of things, with this supply network set up I am almost in the position of selling two star gear while also gearing up some of my FC mates.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Just installed Heavensward yesterday. Didn't know you had to do all of 2.1 through 2.55 before advancing. Had never bothered doing any of it . ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Death by cut scene.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I don't quite know why I am putting myself through this but I am gearing up my crafters. Currently have right side two-star finished (the 15 extra CP is huge) along with most of the offhands and the belt. Next step is to start working on the mainhands.

So far this has required me to find two other craftersto donate their red scrips and six or so gatherers to farm for me. A bunch of turnins were done using roundstones which take 3x the red scrips for some God forsaken reason. I will also have another crafter donating their scrips soon.

On the bright side of things, with this supply network set up I am almost in the position of selling two star gear while also gearing up some of my FC mates.
Crafting is such a crapshow right now. I half-heartedly get some red scrips for my CUL every week but that's about it.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Crafting is such a crapshow right now. I half-heartedly get some red scrips for my CUL every week but that's about it.
Yeah it is a crapshow. I don't quite know why I am doing this because it is very painful but I at least seem to be in a position to make a bunch of gil and then hopefully buy my FC a mansion.

From building out my supply network and talking to gatherers on my server, most just seem completely confused with how the system works. It is way too convoluted and needs to be fixed somehow. I have had a lot of gatherers straight up say that the millions of gil I am offering isn't worth it.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The crafting made me quit, sadly
frown.png
And I (was) one of the biggest crafters in FFXIV, and one of the most vocal lovers of the crafting system... till this shit.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Before I dropped out, that was one of the primary reasons I was getting bored with the game. The expansion itself was great to play through around release, but leveling the crafting was painful to begin with due to the way gathered/hunted materials worked. It was easier once you had combat retainers getting your basic mats, but still not perfect. Then I sat down and looked into the scrip system and lost interest completely. Good through once, and I might come back when I don't have to have a static to progress through content again (after some dungeons/24mans are in) but until they do something to make crafting not terrible at high end, I'm going to stay away from it.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Well I leveled all the crafts to 60, that was fun. And the scrips, at first, was fun. But once everythings 60 and all you do is scrip farming you realize that unlike the past where gatherers, adventurers, etc could all "supply" crafters with things, you realize that only you yourself can supply yourself with things you need for some of the other recipes. It turns into a really shitty grind that just isn't fun nor rewarding.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Over two days poopsocking to do 2.0 through 2.55. Dinged 51 and just got into Heavensward. Any opinions (or links to guides) on best way to lvl 51-60 ?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Play the story. Literally everything else is secondary. If you aren't high enough to progress, just do side missions/dailies until you are. Then move forward.

Xalara

Golden Squire
The system is insane but it will probably be the only way my FC can afford a mansion so I am going to do it. At least I have a massive leg up on my competition since I am now able to offer two star gear for about 3 million per two star MAT required which is the sweet spot to quickly sell.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
holy crap just xferred over to gilgamesh, and the difference from adamantoise is staggering. List is like 15 thigns long in pf, on adamantoise right now it was 2. I put a search up for a static on my hours and already got a few tells . Is there still a rerolled fc and who to msg here?