Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You don't have to halt leveling, you keep the buff as long as you're on the unpopulated server, until they decide it's not low pop anymore and turn it off, even if you get past 60, you'll get the buff whenever you change class to something under 60. It's very good to level other jobs/crafting/gathering, as long as the server stays in that category. Definitely not very useful for the first character though, but does let you skip some of the sidequest minor grind at certain levels which still exists otherwise(like around 45-50 for example and a lot of heavensward).

If it's still there you get 15days sub and 1million gold when you reach 30 too.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That double exp to 60 buff is only for low population servers. Considering 99% of the game is locked behind story progression (which gives enough experience to level 1-70 already), it's a trap to lure people away from medium and high-population servers. Road to 60 is only cool if you want to buy a story skip but not a level skip or you want to halt your leveling experience to get crafters up before you advance the story to end-game content.

What datacenter and server are you on Xexx Xexx ? I'm on Gilgamesh (Aether).

Primal Server - Famfrit i believe its called

You don't have to halt leveling, you keep the buff as long as you're on the unpopulated server, until they decide it's not low pop anymore and turn it off, even if you get past 60, you'll get the buff whenever you change class to something under 60. It's very good to level other jobs/crafting/gathering, as long as the server stays in that category. Definitely not very useful for the first character though, but does let you skip some of the sidequest minor grind at certain levels which still exists otherwise(like around 45-50 for example and a lot of heavensward).

If it's still there you get 15days sub and 1million gold when you reach 30 too.

I got no gold - i have a couple toons past 45 so i guess thats gone.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You still get the 15 days, but not the gold. Also, the buff lasts after the server is no longer New, or Preferred until your character is 90 days old.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
So they did a callback campaign and I redeemed it for 7 free days of subscription. Decided I'd come back and at least run through the MSQ stuff that I've missed. I quit playing before the first major content patch came out after stormblood release. Farmed the crap out of Susano and Lakshmi trying to get a mount, but only saw a couple and never won. Actually I guess I did play one content patch, because Omega wasn't out at release, and I farmed the crap out of 1-4 of that (not savage).

How much content do I have to look forward to?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
4.1 and 4.2 stuff, which has like new relic area, bunch of dungeons, a new raid wing, a new 24man and some side story stuff, I think there's a new Manderville episode. 4.3 is coming soonish I think, end of the month or so, so you'd have that too if you resub and play that. Omega was part of 4.0, it was released like 4weeks after launch or whatever to give people time to level but it was still in the same patch cycle.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Manderville is in the 4.x5 patches. The world race for The Weapon's Refrain (Ultimate) AKA Ultima Weapon just ended.

The SB patches go like this:
Odd: New primal with two fight difficulties + New 24-man + New Ultimate (one super-hardcore fight)
Even: New primal with two fight difficulties + New 8-man raid tier with story mode and Savage (upper midcore to lower-hardcore) difficulties

So as of right now in 4.3, we have two 24-man raids, two tiers of Omega, and 5 primals (Susano, Lakshmi, and one for each of the major patches.)

How many of y'all are still playing? :)

Last edited:

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Manderville is in the 4.x5 patches. The world race for The Weapon's Refrain (Ultimate) AKA Ultima Weapon just ended.

The SB patches go like this:
Odd: New primal with two fight difficulties + New 24-man + New Ultimate (one super-hardcore fight)
Even: New primal with two fight difficulties + New 8-man raid tier with story mode and Savage (upper midcore to lower-hardcore) difficulties

So as of right now in 4.3, we have two 24-man raids, two tiers of Omega, and 5 primals (Susano, Lakshmi, and one for each of the major patches.)

On and off. Odd patches are major snooze fests, also Eureka is tragically awful and they're spending a lot of dev time on it that could be spent on other things.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I stopped in 4.1 once Eureka and the relic was delayed, will wait until later in the expansion once content actually builds up rather than tread water on the tomestone recycles.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i resubbed a few days ago, feelsbadman i forgot how much shit you have to catch up on. I'm gated behind some hard mode titan fight because the queue takes forever lol

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

I'm subbed, though not exactly sure why. I clear the raids each Tuesday but haven't bothered to even try to tomestone cap. Haven't done the new trial because why bother.

i resubbed a few days ago, feelsbadman i forgot how much shit you have to catch up on. I'm gated behind some hard mode titan fight because the queue takes forever lol

Oof, that level 50 grind is insane. What server/data center are you on? I'm happy to help out and stomp through stuff with you. Tank queue makes all that stuff instant.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's weird though because it's like.. 3.4 content? haha pre-stormblood randomly has a quest to do hardmode titan

I'm on behemoth though

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
It's weird though because it's like.. 3.4 content? haha pre-stormblood randomly has a quest to do hardmode titan

I'm on behemoth though

It's because HM Titan was something a lot of newer players didn't get to finish because it was harder than Ifrit and Garuda by several levels. This way it gives it a healthy search rate in the trial roulette.

Cybsled

I tried Eureka for the first time the other day. Fuck that EQ1/FFXI style grind mechanic (ie, solo killing means you almost die and you get like 1/200th of a XP bar at level 1). I killed 2 NPCs and left that shithole. Maybe I'll go back when they nerf the hell out of it.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I tried Eureka for the first time the other day. Fuck that EQ1/FFXI style grind mechanic (ie, solo killing means you almost die and you get like 1/200th of a XP bar at level 1). I killed 2 NPCs and left that shithole. Maybe I'll go back when they nerf the hell out of it.

Eureka has its flaws. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Pagos. I loved it when it came out but it was possible to create a group of 8 people back then. Within a few days the NM Train became prevalent and while efficient, it wasn't fun gameplay. Longtime players say "the grind" for the relic has never been easier. We shall see.

I'm on behemoth though

Fuck these data center shenanigans. Of course Behemoth is on Primal. Why is the NA community still split in half like this? JP and EU aren't. Square please resolve.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Me and some friends been trying Ultimate Weapon ... got him woke up and was leveled at the same time... ... that's gonna take awhile..

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

It strikes me as something that could be fun buzzed with a group of friends. But yeah, it's totally banal when solo, and I'm avoiding it.

I'm on behemoth though

I'm on the Primal DC! Let me know if you need help; I can always heal!

Cybsled

Fuck these data center shenanigans. Of course Behemoth is on Primal. Why is the NA community still split in half like this? JP and EU aren't. Square please resolve.

I thought I read that NA had the largest number of players, so it may be due to that.

Molten Core Raider

At lower levels you want to focus on only completing the challenge log. Granted that's still a decent bit of grinding, 180 easy to access mobs with another 80 dependent on time of day or weather conditions. For your log, only kill stuff lower level than you, you can kill stuff up to 2 levels lower and still get challenge log credit. The nighttime/weather sprites have to be equal level to you and will wreck you solo, skip these or find people in the zone to group with.

Completing your challenge log will get you a quick bunch of levels early on. Once you make it to level 7 or 8 start joining the Nightmare Mob train (aka Fate grind). A herd of people travel around the zone killing trigger mobs to spawn fates that reward exp, protean crystals to upgrade your gear, and mendacity tomes. Once you're able to join the train, Eurkea becomes a bit more tolerable.

Refer to this map to find stuff your level: https://puu.sh/zKmY8/02bf0687b2.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user