Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally finished Vanilla 2.x quests and the Ultima weapon quest. I laughed earlier this week when I thought I was much further and then realized I have so much more to get to through 2.x. Ugh.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Because the game is heavy on MSQ. Would allow people to replay it for the story or for the uber alt job exp.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Both of those things sound horrible.
Meh I just want to replay through the old story because it's been so long. Especially HW. They've had people ask for it for a while, being able to replay instanced fights and what not too. Shit doesn't change your level or anything, apparently it scales content up to your level, so it's purely some optional crap for people who want to. I guess there was enough demand that they felt like adding it. Also if they have scaling leveling content, they might be working on making the old stuff less shit too. Same reason they're adding Trusts imo(after spending the expansion testing Squadrons, which really are Trusts, just not famous chars). I assume by some time in 5.x or maybe 6.0, you'll be able to skip some of the story and use NPCs to clear every trials/dungeons on the way too.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FYI cool little program I DL'ed call Voice meter. It's a virtual sound interface that you can default to in Windows, then change audio output/input devices dynamically. This works great with games like FF14 which snapshot whatever sound device is defaulted with the game starts up and don't allow you to change while in game. So I can pipe audio through my speakers then when somebody comes online in discord I can pipe shit through the headphones without closing the game down.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Unless I can NG+ to a different server, why would I ever want to do this?
I'm pretty sure with how much you try to get into the pants of every blushing popoto in the game, you'll find a way to use "New 'Gina +" to your advantage.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This stupid ass game and their stupid ass registration.

I bought the bundle on Steam, go and put the keys into my Mogstation account and I can't because I had an old Windows version forever ago ....

These fucking mongoloids. Anyone starting a new account and want to just buy the expansions and I will trade them complete edition keys?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Honestly, call them and I bet they'd fix this in a minute. I've had nothing but the best experiences with SE's NA customer support.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Honestly, call them and I bet they'd fix this in a minute. I've had nothing but the best experiences with SE's NA customer support.
They can't do anything about the Steam/Windows shit. The versions are separate and they can't switch keys from one to the other I'm fairly sure.

That said I don't get it too entirely a_skeleton_03, if you don't care about the old account you could just make a new one? And if you do care, how did you forget you had it? Like if you have a low lvl or some shit you might as well just restart, you get the free month this way.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
They can't do anything about the Steam/Windows shit. The versions are separate and they can't switch keys from one to the other I'm fairly sure.

That said I don't get it too entirely a_skeleton_03, if you don't care about the old account you could just make a new one? And if you do care, how did you forget you had it? Like if you have a low lvl or some shit you might as well just restart, you get the free month this way.
I have a 55 and I didn’t forget about it. I didn’t notice I had a Windows license that was incompatible because all my licenses were PS4. Just another weird aspect of their licensing that annoys me.

I will just buy another set of compatible licenses, it’s $30 and I won’t die from it. Just really frustrates me when a company has such a weird way of doing things that this could even be a scenario.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I have a 55 and I didn’t forget about it. I didn’t notice I had a Windows license that was incompatible because all my licenses were PS4. Just another weird aspect of their licensing that annoys me.

I will just buy another set of compatible licenses, it’s $30 and I won’t die from it. Just really frustrates me when a company has such a weird way of doing things that this could even be a scenario.
Oh I see. It is pretty shitty how it's setup and you see reddit posts every other day about people buying the wrong shit, so much that they have a bot explaining the licensing shit if you have steam and windows in the thread. Anyway I assume you could resell the key on Ebay or G2A or some other website like that probably. Should have been less than 30$ though, it's 17euros for Stormblood, so that should be 20bucks? If you already had the base game you didn't need the complete edition as I said, only Stormblood.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m having blast mainly just crafting and gathering on my main.

Got everything from around 15 to around 25 right now, except for carpenter that I got from 32 to 50 yesterday, I really wanted to make some furniture for my house which now has a few things inside and outside. I don’t want to buy stuff, I prefer trying to make everything it’s more fun that way.

I’m leveling a second character basically just to play with a friend and go through the story with him, so that’s taking the other half of my play time. We just finished the Ruby Sea. We're a bard and ninja duo, I expected queue times to be horrible for 2 DPS but it’s barely 10 minutes, I do beleive duty finder prioritize people that are on main quest though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I’m having blast mainly just crafting and gathering on my main.

Got everything from around 15 to around 25 right now, except for carpenter that I got from 32 to 50 yesterday, I really wanted to make some furniture for my house which now has a few things inside and outside. I don’t want to buy stuff, I prefer trying to make everything it’s more fun that way.

I’m leveling a second character basically just to play with a friend and go through the story with him, so that’s taking the other half of my play time. We just finished the Ruby Sea. We're a bard and ninja duo, I expected queue times to be horrible for 2 DPS but it’s barely 10 minutes, I do beleive duty finder prioritize people that are on main quest though.
Yeah I've read the priority to people on MSQ stuff, don't know if it's true but 10mins queue isn't bad at all for DPS for sure, I sometimes had close to 10mins on healer for old patch stuff when I cleared the story in 4.4.

Getting CRP to 50 first is good for leveling crafters too, since Byregot is absurdly overpowered as an ability and lets you more or less HQ everything even with shit gear. Need to get that WVR/CUL leveled too for Careful Synth II and Steady Hands II, makes stuff much smoother also.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I've read the priority to people on MSQ stuff, don't know if it's true but 10mins queue isn't bad at all for DPS for sure, I sometimes had close to 10mins on healer for old patch stuff when I cleared the story in 4.4.

Getting CRP to 50 first is good for leveling crafters too, since Byregot is absurdly overpowered as an ability and lets you more or less HQ everything even with shit gear. Need to get that WVR/CUL leveled too for Careful Synth II and Steady Hands II, makes stuff much smoother also.

I had read about Carpenter to 50 first so it fit what I wanted anyways. I didn’t have any other priority for the rest so I guess I’ll work on WVR/CUL next, thanks for the advice.