Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The level 50 BLM armor is pretty sexy looking.

lQH3KWG.png

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Re-installing this and may fuck around on it until new PoE league starts.

I had a 50 ninja guy but I hear there is a server with increased exp gains? Also, how is Bard?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Some servers have preferred status that grants a bonus exp to lure new players to start on them. If you just do the MSQ you'll out level the content easily with that bonus exp.

A bard is a ranged support/dps class that has alot utilities mainly due their songs. Dps wise they are okay but not topping the dps charts like other pure dps classes. You shouldn't have any issues getting a raid spot as a bard or even as a ninja.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

I had a 50 ninja guy but I hear there is a server with increased exp gains? Also, how is Bard?
Let me know if you roll something up on Zelara (has xp bonus). I have some 50ish tank/healers there if you need quick dungeon queues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Well shit, I just bought the game (Complete) a few days ago, and now there's a Square sale on steam.

Good news for anyone else that was interested, and wants to save 33%

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

Bard's fun, infinitely better than it was in 3.0. Better like weaving oGCDs and being busy, though.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Finished Hydatos/Baldesion's Arsenal, mount is really cool -

1550959323176.png

1550959373618.png

The content was pretty interesting - I think Eureka has gotten better with every map except for release Pagos xp tuning (which was wildly awful), and Baldesion's Arsenal was a 56 man public dungeon that was somewhere between the difficulty of the 24 man raids and an ex-primal, using Eureka stats and rewarding gear that's massively op in Eureka but not otherwise. Really cool unexpected patch content.

World first final boss kill -

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Proto Ozma seems interesting, won't be able to play for awhile but from what my friends are saying sounds like a fun boss..

Last edited:

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't played since the start of heavensward but work is easing up and I re-subbed.

What server is everyone playing on? I am on Excalibur but the guild is no mas.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
We're pretty much scattered everywhere. Some are on Gilgamesh, Zalera and other servers. I know there will be a new NA data center named Crystal which will cause a server redistribution. This is how the new data centers and servers will be. You'll be able to visit other servers but I believe it will be limited to your data center only. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the that.

1a454e5.png

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Having a lot more fun now, burnt through the first set of group quests and turns out wasn't bad at all, Q for 10 min>kill a bunch of shit>exit is how its gone, no one says a word. Dragoon is fun so far.

Thought you needed to get marauder up to 15 and finish all your hunters logs to get dragoon, but I guess that was old info I was reading, got it with a 2nd set of 30 lancer quests, didn't do anything other than get mount quests complete really.

I think I read somewhere that you could use someones RAF code before paying your first sub, not just at account creation? I don't recall, but I haven't paid a sub yet if someone needs it, not 100% how it works, so let me know. I have like 40 days on my account left, so no rush.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I've only logged in a few times, because I have been busy for a bit, and did some ddo when I wasn't. However I did log back in to my Gilgamesh toon. 50 monk, with a shit ton of tradeskills. I will have to relearn everything, so I will probably poke at one of my lower level jobs. I have them all at 15, or at least all the ones that were avail when we were all ISISing the shit out of stuff.

Neuad

Trakanon Raider
Made it through Pagos in less then a week. Started Pyros this weekend. After playing EQ for years, Pagos wasnt as bad as people made it sound. Farming all these logos and mnemes seem like they're gonna be a bigger pain in the ass then Pagos light farming.

Also finally got an orange on my 2nd fight. Scored a 97 on M/F last night after I finished BiS raid gear.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Well. All 5 servers with exp bonuses on both NA data centers won't let new characters be made. Might refund my sub.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Having a lot more fun now, burnt through the first set of group quests and turns out wasn't bad at all, Q for 10 min>kill a bunch of shit>exit is how its gone, no one says a word. Dragoon is fun so far.

Thought you needed to get marauder up to 15 and finish all your hunters logs to get dragoon, but I guess that was old info I was reading, got it with a 2nd set of 30 lancer quests, didn't do anything other than get mount quests complete really.

I think I read somewhere that you could use someones RAF code before paying your first sub, not just at account creation? I don't recall, but I haven't paid a sub yet if someone needs it, not 100% how it works, so let me know. I have like 40 days on my account left, so no rush.

Big thing on RAF is you get an item for a 30% exp boost at level 30 or lower.

Then some minor stuff like a few pieces of gear, an emote, and 99 free aetherite tickets.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Well. All 5 servers with exp bonuses on both NA data centers won't let new characters be made. Might refund my sub.

Try outside of primetime.

The game is silly and looks at current players online. So on the weekend at primetime shit is "locked," but at midnight you can make a character npnp.