Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I made 20 million gil in one day last expansion just by having fisher leveled up and being ready for when they dropped the patch. Had the right lures (bought with the gathering seals I believe) for the new fish they implemented for some raiding gear component on the patch day.

I suspect all gathering and crafting classes will have their windfalls again once they release the raid content again if you are ready.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This guy makes some funny FFXIV videos. I had to laugh at this video espcially the RDM ranking. Only reason why I leveled one.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ugh; I need to get back on the horse.

Spent a few months learning japanese because why not? And spent a lot longer just doing work related shit. I think I'm still on 4.2 or something =|

Gonna be a long ride upwards as a WHM who hasn't played consistently in years =\

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I made 20 million gil in one day last expansion just by having fisher leveled up and being ready for when they dropped the patch. Had the right lures (bought with the gathering seals I believe) for the new fish they implemented for some raiding gear component on the patch day.

I suspect all gathering and crafting classes will have their windfalls again once they release the raid content again if you are ready.
This. Plus, we don't yet know how they're going to do the Ishgard reconstruction, so materials for that might well go at a premium too. I'd be surprised if collectibles were not involved, though.

That said, the Letter from the Producer LXII was pretty interesting at the end. Your bunny girls and cat bros can wear some head gear like glasses no-prob. I thought it was funny Yoshida-san said they did that work behind his back, myself.

Most importantly! ===> 5.0 broadcast time tentatively set for 5/23 @ 1:30pm PDT ("start time subject to change blahblah").

Cybsled

Oh nice, that was going to kind of suck that they couldn't wear certain things like glasses. Nice to see they did some modifications.

I do see what they mean. With Miqote, for instance, some helms have specifically are modified to cover the ears and not just have ears poking through them exposed.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw official announcement for the live letter and it's the 23rd since apparently it takes place in San Francisco instead of Japan as usual(promotional tour stuff I assume). So while it's technically the 24th in japan, it ends up being the 23rd everywhere else. Also means I can watch it live at a decent hour, so that's good(20:30 GMT or 1:30PM PDT).

Also patch next tuesday 4.58 as expected.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This was posted on the official forum but taken from 4chan. With possible leaks we know how they can be correct or incorrect.

That 3 deaths and your out is gonna be a shitstorm on the forums.

Original link. 5.0 leaks (that I don't believe)

Screenshot_20190510-182525_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Is there a quick way to level up retainers? I'm currently just doing the highest 18 hour venture they can do, but is it actually quicker to actually send them after specific things or on quick ventures?

I have 3 gathering retainers, and 3 battle class retainers.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As they get closer to 50 and if they actually have some gear it's better to do quicks to level up (you will occasionally get ones worth more than the 18 hour even) but it's venture intensive and RNG based.

Cybsled

Ya, the quick ventures are best. Rewards are the same or better than the 18 hour ones and you get them back in an hour. Ventures are the only limiter, but that isn't hard if you trade in dungeon drops for GC seals.

And I agree that "leak" sounds fake. Removing overmelds would fuck crafting and the gut value of crafted gear unless significantly boosted to compensate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For ventures, the 1hour ventures are best(not the actual Quick Ventures mind you, which are RNG and most of the time give shit xp). But only if you can do x a day, where x is well, the amount you get from 18h / the amount you get from 1h. You can see the values so you can do the math, iirc it was somewhere like 6 a day at low lvl, but goes down to like 3 a day at 50+, so at that point unless you don't play a whole lot, it's much better to spam 1hour ventures. If you play at regular hours you can also combine both by simply doing 3-4 1h ventures, and then doing a 18hour which will be done by the time you log in the next day.

Only other way is buying a level boost for retainers in the cash shop, obviously. I'm thinking of buying one once I figure out what class I'll be leveling next after Dancer for my combat retainer, since it's unlikely to be Monk(my current retainer class) and I want that retainer leveling and gathering shit for my crafting at some point. I've relvled my retainers not long ago cause they were in the wrong order(and obviously in true FFXIV fashion there's no way to move them around probably because of bad code) and this shit took me like a full month doing 6-10 1h ventures a day which is crazy slow.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for all the replies on this. It was doing my head in and I just didn't think the exp from the 1hr ventures was even comparable so I didn't bother mathing it out.

I actually ended up wanting to reshuffle a ton of jobs because they were on jobs I'll never probably level up past 60 due to not enjoying them anymore (BRD and MNK)

I ended up buying the 5 retainer level boost and got them to 60 on PLD, NIN, WHM, FSH, MIN and BTN. It cost a bit to fully gear them up to do relevant ventures but now it's sorted out and I can work on slowly building them to 70.

Cybsled

For ventures, the 1hour ventures are best(not the actual Quick Ventures mind you, which are RNG and most of the time give shit xp).

Quick ventures are a good lotto ticket, though. I've made millions off quick ventures. Ya, a lot of time you get crap, but sometimes you get good stuff like tradable pure white dye which sells for like 400-600k per dye (and it gives you 2). You can also sometimes get nice glamour items (both tradable and untradable), as well as rare furniture/crafting materials.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why isn't there a equip best gear button for retainers? I've only got 2, but was looking at ventures and they were naked. Ain't got no time to try and equip them manually so I guess I'll lose out.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Quick ventures are a good lotto ticket, though. I've made millions off quick ventures. Ya, a lot of time you get crap, but sometimes you get good stuff like tradable pure white dye which sells for like 400-600k per dye (and it gives you 2). You can also sometimes get nice glamour items (both tradable and untradable), as well as rare furniture/crafting materials.
Yeah but not worth it when you need the xp. They are good for money and I definitely spam them when I don't need to do anything else but for lvling it's better to take the consistent xp and still ok profit(depends on the tiers/type of retainer).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, Blacksmith is now 50...took about 30 leves and the class quests from 32 to 50, well almost 51. The nice thing is I made some Gil, I only had to buy some mats once, I had everything in the bank so came out a bit ahead with the Gil from the leves. Also leveled Goldsmith from 32 to 35 since I needed some stuff from him.

Now for the Armorer. :)

Cybsled

Good thing about armorer and blacksmith is they use lots of shared materials, so you can HQ stuff on your higher level one to power level the lower level one in terms of leves and making HQ quest combines easier

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I just hit 70 on WAR tonight, and holy shit it's fun playing WAR.

I wanted to max out DRK before ShB, but my god DRK makes me actually want to die. How they turned a thematically cool job into this snore fest is beyond me.

PLD is great in 8 man shit though, but it's pretty dull in dungeon content.