Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Honestly, once you can do the namazu quests with your crafters/gatherers, it's like 3 days a level if you do -nothing- else. I would definitely take advantage of some of the leves at various levels that offer multiples for stuff you can easily gather/buy HQ, like when it asks for 3 HQ lumber 3x or similar.

You could very easily get most/all to cap before the xpac drops without a ton of effort. Not to mention that after it drops, the new beast quests will probably be a bit out (for crafters/gatherers) so you'll have 3x per day you can feed into them. Should be pretty easy overall.

I'm actually back after a long break again, and working through the story/getting "geared" enough to handle the new shit. I'll be out of town at a show when EA starts, but if Stormblood release has taught me anything, it is that maybe not being cutting edge the first week can be a bit of a blessing.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reminder that while the early access starts June 28 (Friday) timers will not be resetting then. Weeklies, challenge logs, custom deliveries, etc you will not want to do at all for that Tuesday/Wednesday with Thursday being an all day downtime assumedly. Do not complete dungeons, fates, crafting, gathering, melds, player comms, etc basically any CLog with an exp bonus.

I'm finishing my last classes to 70 and it's not 19 days to go it's only 15 technically so plan around that accordingly.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Reminder that while the early access starts June 28 (Friday) timers will not be resetting then. Weeklies, challenge logs, custom deliveries, etc you will not want to do at all for that Tuesday/Wednesday with Thursday being an all day downtime assumedly. Do not complete dungeons, fates, crafting, gathering, melds, player comms, etc basically any CLog with an exp bonus.

I'm finishing my last classes to 70 and it's not 19 days to go it's only 15 technically so plan around that accordingly.
You can actually do some if you're careful about it.

In fact you can set it up so you can level a bit faster. Complete 9FATEs in 4 different zones, but not in Fringes, then you can do one Fringes FATE on your lvl 60 GNB/DNC and get instantly 30%xp. If you want it to be even faster you can just do a low lvl FATE in like middle la noscea or whatever, you still get 30% xp just no xp for the FATE itself but that's probably fine. Similarily with dungeons, run 2roulettes, then 2 dungeons without roulettes, and commend people in every run(yes even if they suck). Then once ShB releases, you can do one leveling roulette, commend someone and you'll get 35% xp on top of the leveling roulette xp.

I'm probably doing that to get to 61 asap on DNC and start queuing dungeons/HoH without spending my other roulettes, so I can do them at 62 or 64 or so before the daily reset. Even if the servers are up late I can still do roulettes and keep the FATE for a bit later.

If you don't need leves for crafting, you can also stack these for combat. Do 19leves, with only 4 plates, and then take a 20th leve with a 5th different plate and turn that in(maybe a 10leve combat leve if you want combat xp). That's another 30%. Since I'm gonna be lvling crafters though, I'm not gonna bother with this one, I already have 16leves ready and I'll turn in 4more after, just need to make sure I turn them in on the right class.

Currently these scale to 60 only, so they're only good for lvl 60 classes, however with the level cap increase it's possible they'll scale to 70 and be good even for 70 chars getting to 71 asap.

Can also kinda prepare gathering/crafting leves, but it's a bit more pointless if you plan on doing any crafting/gathering, since this shit's really easy then.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
All I can say is if you are planning on playing on the 28 get started early to try and get ahead a bit of the main crowd. I still have bad memories of this...

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Real real launch (ie, 4am or whatever when it goes live), the name of the game is the same as about all launches, in every MMO - if you're there, you gotta dedicate at least a few hours to busting your balls and going as fast as humanly possible to get ahead of that crowd. I managed to get through Raubahn EX without issue this last go around, hoping if there's a similar buggy bottleneck this time i'll be able to jump ahead again.

Malakriss

They're already marketing Y'shtola and her SHB outfit in crossovers, honestly if it isn't dyeable it will make a killing in sales. The fingerless gloves are nice but I'd swap out the boots honestly.
img_illust_yshtola.png

Cybsled

So does that mean people with the echo can't be tempered because they're already tempered? hmmm

We've been slaves all along ;O

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I thought the reveal would happen a bit later, when we go killing the Twelve but guess it's earlier. But the Coil story bit about the Twelve and how they've been explaining all the primals so far heavily hinted that was the case.

Trailer has a shit ton of spoilers though. I think I skipped the SB one last expansion and watched it after clearing the MSQ and probably should have skipped this one but oh well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, it's disappointing to have spoilers like this in a trailer, on the other I'm super hyped about it.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I thought the reveal would happen a bit later, when we go killing the Twelve but guess it's earlier. But the Coil story bit about the Twelve and how they've been explaining all the primals so far heavily hinted that was the case.

Trailer has a shit ton of spoilers though. I think I skipped the SB one last expansion and watched it after clearing the MSQ and probably should have skipped this one but oh well.

It pissed me off too a bit honestly, but luckily I've somehow already forgotten everything but the big reveal at the end.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm trying to figure out what this "big reveal" is to be honest. Someone care to explain? I heard the ending as:

"How many years have I waited, for the one possessed with her blessing....for you..."

And everyone's taking this and speculating stuff like, we're a thrall of Hydaelyn? and/or Hydaelyn has been using us this whole time to do her bidding like a puppet? and/or something about Elder Primals?

Like what the fuck did I miss here?

Edit: Oh wait there's more footage from the live clip, no fucking wonder. The trailer on FFXIV's channel on youtube cut that bit out.

Merrith

I don't know if it's a spoiler. Considering the narrator, it could be a lie.

This was something I noted to others in my FC. Also, you don't see him saying the entire line, could be an edit to make it seem very misleading...but I doubt it.