Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I dunno maybe I was just use to WoW druid healing. You can keep rolling hots on tank and not have mobs aggro you like that. It was just a surprise to me when it first happened.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I went through the Stormblood Hildibrand storyline today. It wasn't the most interesting part of this storyline, but still had a few moments.

Another thing completed in preparation for Shadowbringers. :)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
People must have gil to waste in this game. Anything pretty much sells on the MB. I unloaded tons of shit from my inventory and my two retainers and it's been selling like crazy. Probably made over a million just selling crafting materials.

Cybsled

Lots of people trying to level crafters to catch up before ShB, so you’ll find lots of loose wallets

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Been doing palace 150+ runs and the glamour shits been selling decently easy 200k-400k per piece or weapons. One of the guys in my group got 3 mounts to drop though, got a horseshoe up his butt for sure.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While the Raubahn thing was frustrating for awhile, I just pvp queued a bit in the meantime and gained some levels. Made it relatively smooth to just MSQ it all the rest of the way with limited need for side quests to hit certain level requirements once I got through Raubahn. Otherwise early release for SB was fine.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I just brought my DRK to 70 and it feels so much better when you have the blackest night. I was doing Castrum Abania for levels, and not having a CD to use on tank busters every time felt so fucking awful.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Not* a competitive post regarding this and WoW, but does anyone else fill like this game is packed with players right now? I dont recall ever seeing this many players in FF14.. but then again, I picked it up after Reborn was released originally. Is it just the pre-launch people? Or is it normally like this. Couldnt even create a character with my g/f on the same server i used to play on. Also, are FC's cross server/data center at all? Link Shell's?

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Note a competitive post regarding this and WoW, but does anyone else fill like this game is packed with players right now? I dont recall ever seeing this many players in FF14.. but then again, I picked it up after Reborn was released originally. Is it just the pre-launch people? Or is it normally like this. Couldnt even create a character with my g/f on the same server i used to play on. Also, are FC's cross server/data center at all? Link Shell's?
The unofficial census recorded the highest number of active players several weeks ago and the closer we get the more it's growing. And Yoshida confirmed it's the most subs they've ever had last live letter, even beating SB launch(which as a new expansion was the highest).

The game's been steadily growing, which is pretty uncommon for a 6year old mmo I'd assume. A large part of this is most likely BFA being a piece of shit, at least from what I hear. The whole "wow refugees" thing isn't just a meme, there's definitely a lot of wow players jumping ship, or at least checking XIV out(they'll go back to wow with 8.2 but after a little while, they might also come back to XIV and resub every now and then).

It'll go back down a fair bit in september or so I'd assume.

FCs are not cross servers, one of the few things that aren't. Linkshells aren't either however there are cross server linkshells(separate ones). Currently only 1 or 2 max iirc, but when the expansion releases they're extended cross server LS to 8, same as normal LS.

It's a bit shit atm for new players with everything being locked most of the time, especially during the evening. They're trying to direct all the new players to Crystal on NA and to the 2 new servers on EU to spread the load a bunch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

I have a character on our original server, but to make a new character in conjunction with my g/f I had to move to the Crystal server. Ping doesnt seem* bad as of right now. But I wont really know until Im having to dodge multiple AoE's at a time. Never experienced the locked out server before haha! I'm always surprised to log into Limsa and see ~50 people in just one spot at all hours of the day. The queue, like Fyff said, is there. But I think the highest Ive seen it was 22? Which is like a 30 second wait at most.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah the queue is pretty small atm still, but it's growing a bit. Also 22 should be near instant, cancel the queue and select your char again and you should get in. The reason it takes longer is because the automated checks are only every ~20secs, to prevent spamming the servers when there's a lot of queue, but it saves your slot in the queue(in case you get disconnected during it) so when you cancel and requeue, it checks right away and see you're now #1 and there's a slot so it puts you in.

Don't recommend doing that on launch day though, just in case of.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
SMN feels really weird to play at 65, like all my CDs don't quite match up properly, I'm wondering if it gets better once you have Bio and Miasma III or even when you can summon bahamut? It feels weird to use tri-disaster atm

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Took my Botanist to 61-70 in 2 days. Then took my Miner to 54 to 68 in one Sunday, I was trying to hit 70 but I passed out. Wonder how long it will take to get Fisherman to 70 from 1