Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Took my Botanist to 61-70 in 2 days. Then took my Miner to 54 to 68 in one Sunday, I was trying to hit 70 but I passed out. Wonder how long it will take to get Fisherman to 70 from 1
Fishing is weirder than the other 2. You get a lot more xp just gathering normally, but collectibles are a lot shittier especially pre SB, since you can't select what to gather and there's no skill to boost the rating, it's basically just if you crit you get a collectible you can turn, if you don't crit it won't be high enough. Leves also work like crafting for FSH so if you have money and leves, you can just turn in a bunch of fishes you buy on the market, rather than do anything yourself.

Cybsled

Ya, I did a combo of leves /w HQ off MB and fishing. Class quests I also bought the fish off MB. Once I hit namazu I just did pure dailies for fishing.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
SMN feels really weird to play at 65, like all my CDs don't quite match up properly, I'm wondering if it gets better once you have Bio and Miasma III or even when you can summon bahamut? It feels weird to use tri-disaster atm

I honestly don't really know about smn but this has been the case for basically all of the classes I've leveled except rdm/sam - they just feel garbage/clunky before 70 (or close to 70 in some cases).

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Summoner is getting a pretty big rework with the pet actions work in like 3 days as well so...

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Summoner is getting a pretty big rework with the pet actions work in like 3 days as well so...
Yeah, arguably as much as Bard did in 4.0. I really like how they handled pets for Summoner. Ifrit for single-target; Garuda for ae; Titan for when damage is expected to come in, with a touch of splash damage. I think they need to do a little more work with the somewhat clunky behavior between Summon Bahamut and Phoenix though. Dreadwyrm Trance and Firebird Trance really should have the same functionality (for summoning either) rather than Dreadwyrm finishing, you push a separate button for Bahamut, Firebird Trance and you don't push a separate button. *headscratch*

We are possibly getting the preliminary notes tomorrow (Tuesday) and possibly the Job Guide update as well, so something to look forward to wasting time on~

Nola

Trakanon Raider
We are possibly getting the preliminary notes tomorrow (Tuesday) and possibly the Job Guide update as well, so something to look forward to wasting time on~
Aren't the notes suppose to be in Japanese? A job guide update would be awesome.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Aren't the notes suppose to be in Japanese? A job guide update would be awesome.
Job guide was during the maintenance. That said when I looked into it, prelim patch notes were also during maintenance. Soon after maintenance started, they releases prelim patch notes then several hours later(the day after in japan I think), they released final patch notes which had Known Issues added to prelim and links to the job guides, which were updated for SB new class changes.

So I assume we're not getting anything until Thursday.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Job guide was during the maintenance. That said when I looked into it, prelim patch notes were also during maintenance. Soon after maintenance started, they releases prelim patch notes then several hours later(the day after in japan I think), they released final patch notes which had Known Issues added to prelim and links to the job guides, which were updated for SB new class changes.

So I assume we're not getting anything until Thursday.
3.0's preliminary notes were on June 16th (EA was 19th, release 23rd), but 4.0's were released at the maintenance start as you said. For some reason I thought both were that week's Tuesday but I was wrong.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
3.0's preliminary notes were on June 16th (EA was 19th, release 23rd), but 4.0's were released at the maintenance start as you said. For some reason I thought both were that week's Tuesday but I was wrong.
Yeah I thought I remembered prelim on tuesday too until I checked it. We'll see maybe they have them ready and will release them in advance.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I went ahead and, based on the latest job abilities info we got, reworked my hotbars dropping off the abilities getting removed and making spots/hotkeys for the new/changed abilities. Ready for launch so I can just pop in the new shit and get to it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I made macros for DNC so I can press 3 buttons and put all the skills on my bar and save the 20seconds so I can start leveling faster. It was entirely pointless, but I had nothing else to do. Right now the only things left for me to do is to prepare the challenge log tomorrow then run Pyros for an hour or so to cap Genesis and then I can log off cause I'm ready for the expansion. I have a bunch of IRL stuff to get fixed before the start too, mostly buying food and cleaning up the whole house so I don't have to for a while.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just in time for ShB!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Anyone know if there are any guides for common macros for jobs? My MMO-life kind of revolves around a specific number of hotkeys I'm used to (three bars worth) and beyond that I start not having a good way to comfortably hit keybinds for shit. I'm already completely full on those hotbars for my dragoon at 64 and I imagine there's shit coming down the pipe with the expansion, and I have no idea where I'm going to put it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know if there are any guides for common macros for jobs? My MMO-life kind of revolves around a specific number of hotkeys I'm used to (three bars worth) and beyond that I start not having a good way to comfortably hit keybinds for shit. I'm already completely full on those hotbars for my dragoon at 64 and I imagine there's shit coming down the pipe with the expansion, and I have no idea where I'm going to put it.

I would wait till after SB's release, with some of the re-works coming you will have too redo all macros again anyway ~

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
People rarely use macros for combat job stuff, because macros are shit in this game, largely because they can't be queued and also are wonky at times. Only macros most people use are on oGCDs that require special targetting(ground targetted stuff or buff you throw on people). Like for DRG you'd have a /ac "Dragon Sight" <mo> for mouse over, or a specific target, or like <6> for the first DPS in the list assuming your party frame lists you, then 2 tanks, then 2 healers, but that shit's fucky if it's a ranged DPS so you kinda have to tweak it. Past that you probably wouldn't macro anything on DRG besides Goad I guess.

They are cutting down on abilities overall though. Currently DRG has 30 buttons, counting cross class but not counting the shit skills(Crutch, Leg Sweep and the javelin shit). After the expansion, they'll have 27 even with the new skills. You still kinda need to find room for all that, that's 2 full bars of 12 and 3 more slots. Should be doable though, use some modifier keys(shift/alt/ctrl) or some weird to reach keys for less used skills(for example the 3 buttons you use for the aoe rotation can be put somewhere else since they're only used on dungeon trash).

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I definitely used a positional Monk hotkey for a minute. Not sure if it's broken or not (haven't played monk since I hit 50 on it... like 3 years ago haha) but it was pretty legit. Would only use the follow up moves if you had triggered them; basically Twin Snakes to... I forget =|

The only hotkey I -should- make as a healer is probably to have Quickcast follow into Resurrection. Because I click two things manually with my mouse each time I do that =\

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just finished getting through Ifrit Ex. I guess apparently people get upset if you queue for these things in duty finder since we've had a screamer in every group for all my Ex attempts. These really haven't been too bad considering the noob pugs I've been with and I have a lot more fun actually learning the encounters then just getting carried by folks who've done it 100 times. Still got Thornmarch, Ramuh, Shiva, Lev, and Ravana Exs to finish, then the minstrel's ballad stuff for ARR and HW. I do wish more folks would actually just quickly read a guide before hopping into these, though.

e: sorry, not roulette but duty finder

Last edited: