Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah they could do that, add the books, add the new map dungeon, but the starred combat crafts wouldn't be in the books until then. Guess I should start saving daily maps until tuesday in case of.

Leveling been going smoothly, got PLD to 80 so now I have all 3 roles(DNC, SCH and PLD), leveling MNK atm for some melee action, should be 77 in next dungeon run, then I'll probably look into leveling BLM with trusts to get them up. I assume they'll add a weekly challenge at some point for that shit though so probably shouldn't spend too much time on it.

Haven't touched crafting since hitting 80, waiting for a decent collectable turn in, been only non starred shit so far or nothing of value. Fishing is the same, only "good" one so far has been Thorned Lizard but that shit's annoying to fish so not really worth it. Don't care a whole lot though.

khorum

Murder Apologist
If you change the language to french the cutscenes will be shorter by seconds. You'll be the first one out of it while others are still watching it.

Even the voiced ones?

On a fun sidenote the guy who voices Ardbert is the guy who played Gendry on Game of Thrones. Dude fucked Arya.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haven't touched crafting since hitting 80, waiting for a decent collectable turn in, been only non starred shit so far or nothing of value.

Unlucky. Had the starred ALC collectable again today. The amount of Materia VI's and VII's I have stocked up is getting scary. Crafting gear is fully melded other than chest/tools right now too.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Unlucky. Had the starred ALC collectable again today. The amount of Materia VI's and VII's I have stocked up is getting scary. Crafting gear is fully melded other than chest/tools right now too.
Which one is it exactly that gives a ton so I stock up on mats beforehand? I've been having only potions and those are only 100 and require 2 sands each and I got inks a bunch but those are only 20. Is it inks? It's the only ALC craft that doesn't require a bunch of stupid mats, the amount is low but I guess you can mass produce them pretty quick especially if hitting doing a quick macro to hit the min requirement instead of 100%. Guess I'd just need it starred.

Last edited:

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anyone who has leveled up Gunbreaker and done the level 70 quest - is that sword Vitus was using in game I can loot somewhere? It looks dope and I didn't recognize it from any of the other gunblades i've seen on the loot tables so far.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone who has leveled up Gunbreaker and done the level 70 quest - is that sword Vitus was using in game I can loot somewhere? It looks dope and I didn't recognize it from any of the other gunblades i've seen on the loot tables so far.
Haven't done the quest but you can search Garland for NPCs and see what gear they have. Assuming that's Vitus Quo Messala, his weapon says Custom.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah now that i've seen more he kept going from 1 handed to 2 handed in the cut scenes, so at that point I figured it's gotta be some custom weapon.

Kay

Golden Squire
Which one is it exactly that gives a ton so I stock up on mats beforehand? I've been having only potions and those are only 100 and require 2 sands each and I got inks a bunch but those are only 20. Is it inks? It's the only ALC craft that doesn't require a bunch of stupid mats, the amount is low but I guess you can mass produce them pretty quick especially if hitting doing a quick macro to hit the min requirement instead of 100%. Guess I'd just need it starred.
Cunning Craftsman's Syrup is the one that's basically free materia, especially when starred. The tinctures are good for white scrip because the mats are cheap enough and no sub combines.
Edit: Can't remember if you do gatherers too, but either way, the sands drop in clumps instead of little dribbles like they have in the past. Even if you don't get them yourself, they shouldn't be bad to buy, and are definitely cheaper than grade 8 materia.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Once you finish your role quests you go to geroldt in the Tempest to get a coffer of 430 gear. Then you farm goetia tomes by running roulettes or spamming the top 3 dungeons to buy 440 gear. Finally you run Titania EX trials on the party finder to get a 450 weapon (either as drops or with 10 tokens) and Innocence EX dungeons for 450 jewellry.

Cybsled

On a side note, the free 430 gear doesnt include accessories, but the level 80 dungeons all drop that, so it shouldnt take too long to get to 430 ilevel in order to attempt the EX trials. The Goeta tomes arent capped per week, so you can get the Ronka gear pretty fast if you run a lot of roulettes/dungeons.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Cunning Craftsman's Syrup is the one that's basically free materia, especially when starred. The tinctures are good for white scrip because the mats are cheap enough and no sub combines.
Edit: Can't remember if you do gatherers too, but either way, the sands drop in clumps instead of little dribbles like they have in the past. Even if you don't get them yourself, they shouldn't be bad to buy, and are definitely cheaper than grade 8 materia.
Oh yellows I don't really need, although I guess you can overmeld VIIs if you have a shit ton, but I generally do cheap melds and the lower ones will meld more easily too. Tinctures sound annoying, the sands are still kinda expensive. I do have gatherers, but I also don't like gathering large quantities of shit. I'll see if I get a starred one, maybe invest in some sands if I can find some(probably need to go check other servers). Honestly I just want a few whites to buy the main hands, so whenever I find it I'll just do that.

While I had my crafters capped pretty early on, I've had no motivation to do anything because I don't feel like I can really use the gold for anything useful. I just wanted to make enough to cover the costs of leveling, only that since this time I wasn't horribly unprepared like during HB launch(had many classes still in the 50s without their HW class quests done and shit, which took a shitton of time and money to fix), I barely spent anything leveling and I was generating more money at the same time from retainers anyway(especially fisherboi just like in SB, people love to buy NQ fishes for leves/GC turn ins at stupid prices).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Once you finish your role quests you go to geroldt in the Tempest to get a coffer of 430 gear. Then you farm goetia tomes by running roulettes or spamming the top 3 dungeons to buy 440 gear. Finally you run Titania EX trials on the party finder to get a 450 weapon (either as drops or with 10 tokens) and Innocence EX dungeons for 450 jewellry.
On a side note, the free 430 gear doesnt include accessories, but the level 80 dungeons all drop that, so it shouldnt take too long to get to 430 ilevel in order to attempt the EX trials. The Goeta tomes arent capped per week, so you can get the Ronka gear pretty fast if you run a lot of roulettes/dungeons.
Thanks!

Kay

Golden Squire
Fair enough! You can get Vs for cheaper overmelds, too. (Slightly, they're 200 yellows, but you can avoid more expensive overmelds and still be prepped for 2*.) If you just want the whites for tools, a few cycles through a few nodes should probably do it. Aetherial reduction for sands is honestly ridiculous now, kind of like crafting is. I got 10ish each from the tiny handful I tried at like level 76 in 71 gear (slightly melded) and I think they were only 7/8 and 6/8. And yeah, fishing is stupid easy to level now too, yet people still cheerfully pay for NQ fish to avoid it.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I think I have fallen in the 30-50 rut I have read about where you keep trying a different class.

I got pugilist up to 31 Monk. Then I tried rogue and got it up to 45 Ninja. Ended up doing Thurgalist to 10ish. I really liked the way tanks looked in the game, so I have been working on a gladiator that I have at 27 now.

I need to just go back to the ninja (because it's a blast to play), and continue on instead of trying every single class lol. I don't want to burn out on the content because of playing through it multiple times on different classes.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user