Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
Not much of a lore person but kept up with most of the MSQ. I must of escaped through one of the quests so
how did Milfilla become Ryne?

Minfilia(First) was one in a long line of women born who look like Minfilia(Source). When Minfilia(Source) came to the First, she was able to stop the Flood and then kept on fighting the Sin Eaters. When she died, another person was born who looked like her and she was able to take over their body (Like an Ascian). This was shown in the flashback we see between her and Thancred. But this time, Minfilia(Source) doesn't want to do it anymore. She feels like she is becoming like the Ascians, just using up these bodies when the person themselves deserve a chance and life of their own, rather than being used as a tool. So she tells Thancred to protect the latest Minfilia(First) and let her choose what she wants: Either she can take up Minfilia(Sources) power and but Minfilia(Source) dies, or Minfilia(First) gives her body to Minfilia(Source). In the end, she realizes she wants to fight herself, to help everyone who has helped her, and so Minfilia(Source) gives her power to her and passes on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

zzzzzzzffxiv_07022019_232346_719.png

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Re: talk about balance. Do note that this patch is historically pretty messed up and in 4.05 (savage release patch) 13 of 15 classes were changed in some way, 3 changed very significantly. So I think current design is relevant but numbers not so much. I'd expect things to be shifted to the same model SE always uses whereby at higher levels of play classes that buff the groups damage are numerically better. The only potential complication is whether DNC + (BLM, MCH, or SAM) might be competitive. We'll for sure see WHM nerfs (or AST buffs), SAM buffs (or BLM nerfs), etc.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just finished up Stormblood finally and then got kicked out of NN just as I actually had questions to ask. How does the glamour system work? I want to get some shit out of my inventory but there's gear I'd like to keep in case I can use it for appearances, but I'll be honest, I never really figured out how that system works. Also, what the hell is allowed to be stored in the armoire? So far only thing I've been able to put in there is my level 50 job gear. Also, what are the requirements to be able to convert gear? I remember breaking some shit down last time I played, but fuck if I can remember what enabled it.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn't play SMN now it's not a pet class. I suspect they are working on a pet class next - possibly PUP (Puppetmaster) - and wanted to differentiate SMN from it.

• 1WTF

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just finished up Stormblood finally and then got kicked out of NN just as I actually had questions to ask. How does the glamour system work? I want to get some shit out of my inventory but there's gear I'd like to keep in case I can use it for appearances, but I'll be honest, I never really figured out how that system works. Also, what the hell is allowed to be stored in the armoire? So far only thing I've been able to put in there is my level 50 job gear. Also, what are the requirements to be able to convert gear? I remember breaking some shit down last time I played, but fuck if I can remember what enabled it.
You need glamour prisms (200 GC seals or crafted) to either apply a glamour individually to an item or if you go to your inn room you can put gear in the glamour dresser and then create glamour plates (basically a full set look) that you can freely imprint onto your worn gear while in town. Convert is when an item has 100% spiritbond from killing equal level enemies enough or crafting/gathering. Spiritbonding used to be the method to get top materia for each xpac but now materia is handed out like candy.

The Armoire is primarily meant to store event items although they've recently preferred adding quest gear onto the Calamity Salvager so you can just rebuy them once they're unlocked since server data is at a premium (supposedly). There's an icon on the item tooltip showing if you can put them in at least.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Game has been unplayable since last night and into this morning. MASSIVE delays in actions, 90002 disconnect errors. Anyone else getting the same?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I had the same problem yesterday and earlier today, but it seems to have stabilized for me for the last hour and half.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last night was awful. I logged off early. SMN is still a pet class. You just don't have to micro manage your pet in the same way. Instead of having the pet skills on your pet bar they put them in your spellbook. It just makes it more fluid for newer players.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It was pretty bad all day yesterday till about midnight or so for me. Finally got stable enough around 1am cst to farm me some inno ex reliably. Got my PLD to within 2 pieces of being bis.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I also had an issue where I ran a levelling roulette, dced, had to run a new one and didn't get the credit (still showed in my log as incomplete) so I just gave up and quested.

Also installed ACT and good Lord are people bad

• 1Solidarity

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Mudfish resolved the issues for me. Usually I just use it for raiding, but whatever is going on with the NA datacenters was gone once I loaded it up. It is odd because my girlfriend plays on PS4 with same connection, but she had no issues. Guessing it routes differently through PSN.

It is pay for traffic and I put 10 dollars into it 2 years ago and still have 80% of my traffic left.

Malakriss

Yesterday and today people still complaining about issues but it's entirely a routing thing and some ISPs are unaffected.

Merrith

Just dont tell them anything about their dps or how low it is. It's a bannable offense.

My FC had a group doing Titania Ex and they had some dancer in there putting out 3k dps. Soon as that person left they cleared it.