Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The pets are ethereal now. They can't be hit, they can't tank, they can't take aggro. They are just a DoT.
They were just a dot before too, just a dot that could somehow be removed because the boss spammed too many dots(because their mitigation didn't seem to work on that) or cleaved them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Plus, it's not like Titan-egi was useful later on. Popping Bahamut would just make him disappear and reset his aggro anyway, so he wasn't tanking shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I've been playing SMN as main since the class released. Played it to 80 and I just don't like it now so I'll be dropping it moving forward. Tank pet was useless in raids but it was great for soloing and Fates etc For a new player a lot of the job quests and solo content are going to be tough without a tank pet too. As an aside optimal rotation now makes NIN look straight forward but I don't mind that so much.

Any SMN mains see it differently and like the way it is now ?

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
Been maining SMN off and on.

Still have to get used to the new Aetherflow and Trances not being linked to it. Couldn't care less about the changes to pets.

What I don't like is the amount of shit you have to weave now, on quite short CDs.

khorum

Murder Apologist
We'll for sure see WHM nerfs

How about you shut your fucking mouth.

96CBA770-D5BA-408E-A1A9-E80612B2E96D.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
I started with SMN instead of DRG this time around for no reason at all. For a while I wasn't sure if I liked it or hated it, and I have come down on the side of liking it. Feels like more of a pet class rather than less. That's not to say it doesn't have problems - first and foremost aetherflow not interacting with the pets or summons makes it feel vestigial, but also for the difficulty level it doesn't bring enough to the table right now. Hopefully that will change a bit, more raid utility or more personal dps I don't care which.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Because it drives me fucking batshit crazy, please tell me you new bloods to this game aren't part of that aspy crowd /shouting INV INV INV whenever a hunt/fate spawns. If any of you need a tutorial on Party Finder please let me know now while it's early. :p

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Because it drives me fucking batshit crazy, please tell me you new bloods to this game aren't part of that aspy crowd /shouting INV INV INV whenever a hunt/fate spawns. If any of you need a tutorial on Party Finder please let me know now while it's early. :p

Then again...there's all these aspy peeps shouting LOOK IN PF at first sign of stuff in shout when there aren't any PF's up and people fail to fill up groups in PF because they come from servers that use shout for lfg/invite requests (yes, it's a thing some servers are literally all about one or the other and it's weird). Can't tell you how many hunts I have to deal with 60% or less rewards b/c you join the only PF that's up and it only fills with 5 dps and no more.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've been playing mmorpgs for like 20 years now dude

Of course I'm shouting that shit

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've heard about these servers that do /shout invites, and it just boggles the mind. Like why? Why make something so much harder when it doesn't have to be? I mean I could also type /invite Aspy McAssface in chat manually too and invite people, but people don't do that because it's a pain in the ass, right? Right clicking someone's name and clicking Invite when chat is flying by at like 75mph could arguably be MORE of a pain in the ass.

Creating a group takes 5 seconds in PF and then you sit back and let it fill up without you having to do anything. Nah, fuck that. Who has that kind of time? :p I get what you mean though, in backwoods servers like that yeah, you may have a problem with the PF group filling up in time. It's too bad though that some places are sort of set in their ways about things like that.

I know i'm just talking to a wall here though hoping this will change. Sometimes one needs to just vent; this and people who undercut like cunts on the AH I could rant about for days. I'm willing to bet though, if you actually calculated the amount of times full credit was missed by /shouters vs people who use PF, you're gonna find it leaning way more towards the /shout side.

It's like those folks who can't get into an instance because it's full, then 5 mins after trying they finally get in the instance and start shouting for INV PLS. Why do you think you managed to get into the what-was-at-max-capacity instance? It's because the target is already dead, you fucking nitwit. :p

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No one cares, shout your PF link so you are least halfway civilized. Preferably not until after the server relay is out so your PF doesn't tip off the actual aspies who show up to instant pull.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
No one cares, shout your PF link so you are least halfway civilized. Preferably not until after the server relay is out so your PF doesn't tip off the actual aspies who show up to instant pull.

I always instant pull mobs when there are enough people to kill it, did it in eureka as well.

Fuck the slowmos I got shit to do.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I really like how they have practice party finders for extremes and raids. You can fuck up and not get kicked. It's all about learning the encounter and knowing you'll wipe alot.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I really like how they have practice party finders for extremes and raids. You can fuck up and not get kicked. It's all about learning the encounter and knowing you'll wipe alot.
Yeah it's fantastic but you will run into a lot of people who join these parties and have zero hope of ever clearing it

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Well I made it to 49 Ninja tonight, and I've been hitting the msq hard to get ARR done, but if I'm reading this right in the wiki, I still have like 109 more msq quests to go before I get to start Heavensward lol... OMG... (>.<)

The story though has been great with a twist I definitely did not see coming. That's one thing about this game is that it's like the first MMORPG where you don't want to tell anybody what's going to happen because the story is great to experience yourself the first time through and you don't want to ruin that experience for them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well I made it to 49 Ninja tonight, and I've been hitting the msq hard to get ARR done, but if I'm reading this right in the wiki, I still have like 109 more msq quests to go before I get to start Heavensward lol... OMG... (>.<)

The story though has been great with a twist I definitely did not see coming. That's one thing about this game is that it's like the first MMORPG where you don't want to tell anybody what's going to happen because the story is great to experience yourself the first time through and you don't want to ruin that experience for them.
Oh they love their twists, there's a twist every other patch, which is why you can easily get spoilers on the story. Not a big issue if you don't care but kinda sucks if you do.

And yeah post ARR is super long. The quest themselves are fairly short, but there's still a shit ton of them, and a lot are generic shitty fetchquest fillers. After HW starts, they cut down on these a lot, they still happen from time to time but it's just the one every couple dozens of quests and the rest is mostly story(lots of text to read though). Also post HW/SB is around 40quests each instead, so it's a lot better too.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've been playing off and on since launch and I always shout invite please. If no one invites after 10 seconds I just start spam inviting random people spamming invite in the chat. 9 times out of 10 I get an invite, but making the group by name clicking is pretty easy. Team permanoob represent.